• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Phillies & Charlie Manuel

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very nice win over Atlanta and a gain toward getting past .500.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I attended last nite's game along with the other 42,000 crazy Phillies enthusiasts, most of whom stayed till Paps got the last out. The team is definitely rejuvenated. Fantastic Howard center field HR and Quintero's was a nice surprise.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it jvett. I hope the enthusiasm continues and the Phils come roaring back to take the NL East again.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooppsy. Another asswhippin' and a football score. This is not good!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when Howard was starting to figure things out with his swing, he goes down with a knee. Time to think about moving this guy.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEA Baby. Another win over the Nats, 4-2. One game away from .500!

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While its been exciting to see them play much better these past week and a half. I have this uneasy feeling, that we will be keeping all of our pieces and then come next year we will be in even worse situation come the trade deadline. Wishing we traded some of our older players this year.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might sound like I am not a real fan, but I have actually been hoping the Phillies lose since RAJ made that statement about deciding whether they would be buyers or sellers on how they do during these games. I just don't think that we have the team to be champions or even make the playoffs, even by trading for help. Plus, I don't want RAJ to already deplete our system even more for temporary help this year only to watch us fail. We need to get rid of these broken down vets on this team. Not sell the farm to compete for this year. I would like the Phillies to follow 2 of my other Philly teams in the Eagles and 76ers. Fire the coach, GM and rebuild/retool. We need new blood on this team.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Sick and Frizzle. I have been screamin for the Phils to start moving aging vets before the season got going and replace them with farm system talent that was reported before the season that we had so much of but nobody could provide examples. We are indeed painting ourselves into a hole the likes of which none of us will like but nothing is being done and all that is reported is the Phils are buyers. WTH!!!

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Sick and Frizzle. I have been screamin for the Phils to start moving aging vets before the season got going and replace them with farm system talent that was reported before the season that we had so much of but nobody could provide examples. We are indeed painting ourselves into a hole the likes of which none of us will like but nothing is being done and all that is reported is the Phils are buyers. WTH!!!

I might start posting here more often. Good to see like minded people. I quit posting at another forum because of the trolling, and then started to post sparingly at several Philly news sites and nothing but homers there. Can't stand that. Hopefully there is a happy medium here.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Sickfelon. I think you have found the medium you are looking for here. PC is usually around and he is as straightforward as an English beer party. So yea, c'mon back. Most nights, it is just me having a post war with myself.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sup Retro? Been on vacation the past couple weeks but back now (almost anyway).

The Phils are hanging in there just enough to make a possible run at the second half. The Braves may be on top but their fielding has been a joke from what I have seen. Their pitching is somewhat questionable too but they do have Beachy looming so that should help them quite a bit. And of course the Nats are still hanging in there too and are probably actually an even bigger threat imo. We have basically made it through the first half ok all things considered and I feel Hamels could have a big second half as he is starting to come around.

Lets go Phils!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey PC. Good to see you took a getaway and a change of scenery. Rested up for teh stretch run! Yep, we are hangin in. Howard went down with a knee though. Out 4-6. Just when he was warmin' up his bat and he was getting his game-swing back. Dom Brown is still a threat. And Frantz in pinch hitting has really come on. And I think you are right about Hamels. He had a start or two in the Atlanta and Nats recent series where he just looked spot on. Things could really be getting interesting.

I am not sure how Doc is progressing. Hopefully he'll be back at the end, but may be not. I do know that Rueben is reported to only be interested in buying as the trade deadline looms. That is simply stupid IMO. Maybe they'll change their minds. Our opener against the White Sox in that series is postponed. This should be a killer series in the positive to gain on both Washington and Atlanta who as you pointed out, are both catchable!!! We shall see. Hopefully the on-fire Phils will show up. Glad you're back!!