• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Football Record Predictions

Total Number of Wins

Votes: 4 25.0%

Votes: 1 6.3%

Votes: 2 12.5%

Votes: 3 18.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NATTY ON A PLATTER!!!111!!

• A complete shitting of the bed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said 4-8 somewhere else and I'll say it again...our Olineman should be decent, RB Corp barring AIRBHG will be decent...LBs will be decent but that's really it on defense...I would like us to just be competitive and not get blown out every week

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year it's all on the QB and WR's... OL/RB/LB are top tier Big 10. DL will surprise you... If we can move the ball through the air...8 wins, 9 after the bowl win.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right gengljer. The spring game looked a lot like last season's dink-and-dunk passes. More went to the TEs in the spring game, but room for improvement exists. I'm skeptical at this point. I need to see the product on the field before passing judgement on this years team.

Iowa is due to have no injuries at the RB position. Plus, it is two years after the last D-Line has graduated...so this years D-Line should be much better.

KF has a predictable system...and we all know it. Here's hoping the team is developing at a highly productive rate. The prognosticators aren't so confident.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously Aaron! That's the best reply you can develop? Wow!!

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing to hear individuals discredit the occupational abilities of these individuals. Why then do you purchase their magazine, or visit their website, looking for information?

Begs the question, how often are these prognosticators right?

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing to hear individuals discredit the occupational abilities of these individuals. Why then do you purchase their magazine, or visit their website, looking for information?

Begs the question, how often are these prognosticators right?

Yeah, unfortunately many people suck at their jobs. I don't read it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After sitting on my deck drinking thousands of Busch Lights with fellow Hawkeye fans, as a group we came up with a 9-4 record after the bowl game. Mark it down, Iowa fans fueled by Busch Light are never wrong!

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron,

Busch Lite...HA!! You sure it isn't the 'kool-aid' that you all are drinking?

This is year 2 of the Greg Davis era on offense. I don't think he has the talent (yet) from his skill position players yet that he needs. I'm also worried about the 3-yard dump off pass to the TE for limited gain. Remember, year 2 of the Ken O'Keefe offense produced 3 wins. With the exception of KMM, the WRing corps is still unproven. Even after playing as much as the WRs did last year in a very bad passing offense, these WRs are unproven. The offense needs to help the defense out by staying on the field for time consuming drives that produce TDs. The O-Line continues to have that advantage, but the game preparations are not taking advantage of that.

The Defense is also in year 2 with its Norm Parker Clone running it. Last years defense looked a lot like Norm Parker's defenses. The single greatest problem that Iowa's defense has is that it faces far too many plays every Saturday. The defense needs to get off of the field.

The Special Teams does not seem to be a point of emphasis for the coaching staff. Cotton does a great job on KOs...but lets face it, we see him too much on Saturday's in this position. Going after punts...only if our opponents make a mistake. Taking advantage of Meyer's FG kicking abilities. That comes right down to coaching.

We all know of the coaching errors that are made every game. That alone puts the team behind by a minimum of 3.5 points EVERY game. And prevents Iowa from having in-game momentum, especially going into halftime. We've heard KF say that Iowa has to play perfect to win games. That is true, but when the coaching errors are factored in...that'll never happen!

I'm still holding on to my initial prediction of another 4-8 win season. I hope I'm wrong, but time will tell.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8/31 - N. Illinois W

9/7 - Missouri St W

9/14 - @ Iowa St ?

9/21 - Western Michigan W

9/28 - @ Minnesota W

10/5 - Michigan St W

10/19 - @ Ohio St L

10/26 - Northwestern W

11/2 - Wisconsin W

11/9 - @ Purdue W

11/23 - Michigan L

11/29 - @ Nebraska L

Yeah, we Cyclones fans are looking at that game the same way now too. Idk what's going on there in Iowa City but you guys just haven't been the same team for the past couple of years.

As for your predictions, I don't see you beating Wisconsin or Michigan St. Sure, they've lost a fair amount of players, but so have the Hawkeyes. I agree with the rest of the prediction here. Frankly, the ISU game will be a litmus test. You've got two cupcake games and then us so you should be plenty warmed up.

Good luck!:suds:

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State, NIU and Nebraska are preseason "ranked", but Michigan will be down a bit I think, as will Michigan State, Northwestern will be tough, Iowa State...help me out, why will they be that tough? Their QB is gone, along with some key players, I see this as an even matchup that Iowa should win with a chip on their shoulder.

:bullshit:

Apparently you didn't see Sam Richardson play last season. He lit it up against KU late in the season and he'll certainly be the starter. Rhoades would be foolish not to start him. Sure, we've lost some key players but I'm not too worried at this point. We'll definitely be more of a passing team this year, look at our RB's, none of them really have any size so don't read too much into the Wimberly signing. I love it but he's way too small to play in the SEC and I wouldn't be surprised if he struggled at ISU.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we Cyclones fans are looking at that game the same way now too. Idk what's going on there in Iowa City but you guys just haven't been the same team for the past couple of years.

As for your predictions, I don't see you beating Wisconsin or Michigan St. Sure, they've lost a fair amount of players, but so have the Hawkeyes. I agree with the rest of the prediction here. Frankly, the ISU game will be a litmus test. You've got two cupcake games and then us so you should be plenty warmed up.

Good luck!:suds:
I would hardly call N Illinois a cupcake.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8/31 - N. Illinois W Iowa will pound the ball down their throats

9/7 - Missouri St W Should get ugly quick

9/14 - @ Iowa St W Iowa State will be horrible

9/21 - Western Michigan W Pay back game

9/28 - @ Minnesota W Pay back game

10/5 - Michigan St W Iowa matches up good against MSU

10/19 - @ Ohio St L Iowa will get beat up pretty bad at the horseshoe

10/26 - Northwestern W Iowa will be too tough on the ground and will keep Northwesterns o off the field

11/2 - Wisconsin W Home game, new coach, new style, etc

11/9 - @ Purdue W

11/23 - Michigan L Will be a tough game, Michigan is talented throughout their line up

11/29 - @ Nebraska L I hate Nebraska, but.....

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron,

All of that Busch Lite produced those projections from you and your friends? Really? I do like your idea of running the ball to keep Iowa's defense off of the field. Getting 9 wins though...time will tell.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you live in or have lived in Iowa, you know all about Busch Light. They do sell that in Lone Tree right?

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron,

The flavored water that can't get you drunk...enjoy it. I now know that your picks weren't impaired by the flavored water that you and your friends drank.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for confirming that you couldn't get drunk off of Busch Lite. All the more proof that it is flavored water that you prefer over a man's drink.