• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Flyers Game Summaries

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jvr's goal last night was pretty sweet.

i watched most of the 1st and some of the 2nd last night and he looked very good.. very happy to see it..

If any other goalie was in net that puck is shot into their chest but since we have Bryz it looked nice.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If any other goalie was in net that puck is shot into their chest but since we have Bryz it looked nice.

ha lets be fair here, las i know you love JVR, but it hit the top shelf of the net. minus bryz not challenging it at all it was a pretty sweet flip:clap:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha lets be fair here, las i know you love JVR, but it hit the top shelf of the net. minus bryz not challenging it at all it was a pretty sweet flip:clap:

It was definatley sweet i just think with any other goalie that's not a goal and either he gets poke checked or shoots it into the chest of the goalie

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was definatley sweet i just think with any other goalie that's not a goal and either he gets poke checked or shoots it into the chest of the goalie

possibly that, but there are very few goalies that are that aggressive, and bryz definitely isn't one of them.. i'm a real big fan of the poke check though

i think 20 years ago JvR doesn't score that goal.. but these days, with the exception of maybe tim thomas or one of the 6'5+ behemoths, that's probably a goal. 95% of goalies in the league right now would've been in the same position (butterfly, down low) as bryz

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
possibly that, but there are very few goalies that are that aggressive, and bryz definitely isn't one of them.. i'm a real big fan of the poke check though

i think 20 years ago JvR doesn't score that goal.. but these days, with the exception of maybe tim thomas or one of the 6'5+ behemoths, that's probably a goal. 95% of goalies in the league right now would've been in the same position (butterfly, down low) as bryz

James van Riemsdyk - 04/04/2013 Video - NHL VideoCenter - Toronto Maple Leafs

Heres the video every goalie in the league stops a shot that leaves a stick 6 inches from the top of the crease that is is the air. If it went between his legs i could see a goal from that spot but a roof shot from when its on the guy stick that close to the crease should never go in.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James van Riemsdyk - 04/04/2013 Video - NHL VideoCenter - Toronto Maple Leafs

Heres the video every goalie in the league stops a shot that leaves a stick 6 inches from the top of the crease that is is the air. If it went between his legs i could see a goal from that spot but a roof shot from when its on the guy stick that close to the crease should never go in.

i'll be honest i'd be more pissed if he let it in through his legs :lol:

i thought it was a clever little move by jvr.. akin to the lacrosse style goals you see every now and then from behind the net

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll be honest i'd be more pissed if he let it in through his legs :lol:

i thought it was a clever little move by jvr.. akin to the lacrosse style goals you see every now and then from behind the net

Thats is correct definately a nice job by him to get it up lacrosse style but like i said any other goalie doesnt get beat high on a shot from there.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone watch the Pens shootout? I think Lundquist may have tweaked something. He looked like he got hurt on Malkin's attempt.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should've put them away in the first. It's a missed opportunity, but if we were to somehow ever play the Jets in a seven game series, I think we'd take it to them.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game and saw the Bryz got yanked again how did mason look?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game and saw the Bryz got yanked again how did mason look?

i thought he looked pretty good.. didn't have a lot of testers, but he had one or two pretty solid saves.. one of which ended up w/ a pretty nasty rebound (hit off his glove, instead of catching it) but the D cleared.. he looked really agressive though which i think is a good thing

he's a very good puck moving goalie though.. got out and stopped a dump around the boards once, farily easy breakout for the D, and gloved down a dump in, put it down, cleared it up the middle, during PK situation

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 4th goal bryz let in was a 2 on 1, played well defensively, and bryz just didn't move on the shot, puck went in glove side.. he gives those goals up all the time.. it's like he thinks if he just makes himself big, a professional hockey player won't be able to find a seam to slot the puck in :L

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought he looked pretty good.. didn't have a lot of testers, but he had one or two pretty solid saves.. one of which ended up w/ a pretty nasty rebound (hit off his glove, instead of catching it) but the D cleared.. he looked really agressive though which i think is a good thing

he's a very good puck moving goalie though.. got out and stopped a dump around the boards once, farily easy breakout for the D, and gloved down a dump in, put it down, cleared it up the middle, during PK situation

I am so glad to hear this especially the puck moving capability as you know i think a pee wee goalie has better puck handling skills than Bryz and it leads to at least an extra five minutes in the defensive zone per game and probably a goal every 2 to 3 games.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you thihk lavi will stay with mason and the bryz experiment is over? I read one post where it said Ed Snider doesnt blame Bryz for everything which i would agree with but to pay him for 7 more years i would have Sniders head examined if he didnt amnesty him this summer.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you thihk lavi will stay with mason and the bryz experiment is over? I read one post where it said Ed Snider doesnt blame Bryz for everything which i would agree with but to pay him for 7 more years i would have Sniders head examined if he didnt amnesty him this summer.

nah.. i think bryz will continue to start every game until the flyers are eliminated from the playoffs.. a lot of people seem to think mason is a shoe-in for starting tomorrow, but after 2 days rest i see no reason lavy won't start bryz.. you gotta play your horse down the stretch if you want to make the playoffs

i'd like to see mason more, but i dont think we'll see much of him until the last couple games of the season (if/when the flyers are eliminated)

i think we'll know if bryz get's amnestied by the draft.. they'll either make a big splash trade, or trade for someone's rights at the draft.. if they don't that'll pretty much tell us they plan on going w/ bryz and mason next year.. barring a vezina-caliber season i don't think there's any way bryz doesn't get bought out eventually

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah.. i think bryz will continue to start every game until the flyers are eliminated from the playoffs.. a lot of people seem to think mason is a shoe-in for starting tomorrow, but after 2 days rest i see no reason lavy won't start bryz.. you gotta play your horse down the stretch if you want to make the playoffs

i'd like to see mason more, but i dont think we'll see much of him until the last couple games of the season (if/when the flyers are eliminated)

i think we'll know if bryz get's amnestied by the draft.. they'll either make a big splash trade, or trade for someone's rights at the draft.. if they don't that'll pretty much tell us they plan on going w/ bryz and mason next year.. barring a vezina-caliber season i don't think there's any way bryz doesn't get bought out eventually

I thought this is the last summer we are able to use the amnesty

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other sites they are ripping Bryz body language after he got pulled. Yawning on the bench falling asleeep and just showing he was very disinterested in the third period.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other sites they are ripping Bryz body language after he got pulled. Yawning on the bench falling asleeep and just showing he was very disinterested in the third period.

i think all that stuff just comes up because it's bryz.. yawning doesn't always mean you're not interested.. sometimes you're just tired.. or you saw someone in the stands yawn.. hell, i just yawned because i'm talking about yawning.

and i cant really fault someone for being a little disinterested/disgusted after getting pulled.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice if the Rags get swept by the Mapleleafs and we beat the Islanders