• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Nuggets vs 3) T'Wolves

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw in KCP too.

When you are as thin as the Nuggets are, you can have 2 of your starters be less than 100% and not play well. Not at this stage.

This team doesnt look ANYTHING like the Nuggets the Wolves saw last year. Obviously the Wolves are better too. But the Nuggets are probably more depleted than we are more improved.

Its nice as a Wolves fan to listen to the talking heads say how great they are. But we are still really early in the playoffs and the clock could strike midnight any moment for the Wolves and we will see them turn back into pumpkins.

They are legit for sure. Just not "best defense ever" legit.
Far from best ever but they playing great basketball. Legit shot at winning it all this year

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Minny team is way better than last year in the playoffs.

They are just healthy. Denver after their run said in the media that the Wolves were their toughest matchup on their run. The respect was already there.

The biggest difference is we have Naz Reid and Jaden McDaniels. Both guys had broke their hands just before heading to the playoffs.

Ant said it in the post game even after McDaniels had what people looking at a box score would consider a bad game.....him and his defense is the x factor.

Jaden is only 23 years old too. Wouldnt surprise me in the least if he ended up top 3 a bunch of times for DPOY.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkely at half time was saying they are the best he has ever seen.

Obviously he gets paid to say crazy things.

It's hard to compare that era to era anyway. But when the best you've done is be up 2 0 in a 2nd round series we might want to pump the brakes a tad

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to compare that era to era anyway. But when the best you've done is be up 2 0 in a 2nd round series we might want to pump the brakes a tad
Yep...

First to 4

Doesn’t matter how you get to 4

Just get there before the other team does

No one is there yet

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly they haven’t played well for awhile. I’m not sure they can just turn it on.
As I said last night before the game. I do give Wolves credit for their D, but Nuggets O just looks off, way off. The team I know passes the ball quickly now suddenly they are getting sticky palms and end up with a poor shot selection as the clock is winding down. First quarter with their Big 3 had a combined total of 4 points. Murray has had one game and one quarter of a good game out of seven games.

I'll be for Minny the rest of the playoffs assuming they take this series as it certainly appears. They share a lot of coaches, front office people plus they also share a common miserable NBA history to overcome.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team seems to perform a lot better when he's there more often than not.

I am not saying he doesn’t make them better.

Of course he does.

How is it going to work financially long term?

Can they pay Rudy, KAT and Gobert?

Me, I rather get a cheap rim protector and build around Ant and KAT and the other athletic role players on the team.

They have a ton of picks for an overrated old school 5 who makes a lot of money.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course he does.

Me, I rather get a cheap rim protector and build around Ant and KAT and the other athletic role players on the team.

They have a ton of picks for an overrated old school 5 who makes a lot of money.

I’m gonna say that will be tough to pull off.

Paying Gobert as two separate people seems sub optimal.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course he does.

I mean...he has next year and then the following as a player option. It would seem likely he picks up 46 million given him being unlikely to get that again. So they got 4 years out of him

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...he has next year and then the following as a player option. It would seem likely he picks up 46 million given him being unlikely to get that again. So they got 4 years out of him

They could still trade him after this year

For 2 years he’s perfect for a team like okc who could trade nothing more than role guys and found money picks

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could still trade him after this year

For 2 years he’s perfect for a team like okc who could trade nothing more than role guys and found money picks

For sure they could

Maybe get 2 or 3 of those picks back lol.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a full half remaining and the three point shit the way it is? That's insane dude. Not even close to over.

You haven't been paying attention and ftr I meant for the year not just last night's game. The only way Denver wins a game is if Minnesota decides to rest some guys for the next round. Denver is done.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't been paying attention and ftr I meant for the year not just last night's game. The only way Denver wins a game is if Minnesota decides to rest some guys for the next round. Denver is done.
No one is being stupid enough to rest players. They rest when the series is over

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has to win game 3 or this series is over.
I’d say they almost need both games in minny. They won’t win this series trailing 3-1 either

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said last night before the game. I do give Wolves credit for their D, but Nuggets O just looks off, way off. The team I know passes the ball quickly now suddenly they are getting sticky palms and end up with a poor shot selection as the clock is winding down. First quarter with their Big 3 had a combined total of 4 points. Murray has had one game and one quarter of a good game out of seven games.

I'll be for Minny the rest of the playoffs assuming they take this series as it certainly appears. They share a lot of coaches, front office people plus they also share a common miserable NBA history to overcome.

From what I saw it looks like they are doing some of the same things the Lakers did to build double digit leads.

The difference is that, so far, Minny has been able to sustain it, where the Lakers were only able to sustain it once.

A lot of the ball "sticking" is that Minny is "smothering" the guy with the ball making him hold onto it a little longer than the Nugs like to hold it.