• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 Grievances Against Bengals

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m so sick of this damn topic.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe you guys should win something.

it gives you a lot to discuss in the offseason

Oh for fucks sake.... Here we go.... Philly fans win a Super Bowl and immediately turn into insufferable assholes. Same shit happened with Boston years ago.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pretend you're outraged and threaten to stop watching the games. That works.

I’m not outraged. I could give a fuck. I think both sides need to get a grip. I’m just tired of everything being political these days.

If I stop watching the games, it will be because of too much TNF, games in London, piss poor officiating and stupid rule changes. Not because of some dopes taking a knee.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe you guys should win something.

it gives you a lot to discuss in the offseason

Thanks for the advice. I’ll pass your suggestion to Katie and Marv.

Reactions: ill

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not outraged. I could give a fuck. I think both sides need to get a grip. I’m just tired of everything being political these days.

If I stop watching the games, it will be because of too much TNF, games in London, piss poor officiating and stupid rule changes. Not because of some dopes taking a knee.

Ding, ding, ding, ding!!! That's what I hate about the whole conversation. Trying to make the NFLs problems all about kneeling is really missing the point. The product is awful and has been awful for the past 3 or 4 seasons.

I'll add one other issue. These guys NEVER practice anymore. The new CBA (2011) gave the players a lot of time off. They used to practice all the time. They used to have real training camp. They used to put on equipment more than 4 times during the season. Now every team has guys that don't even go to the voluntary shit. I realize they're pros, but this lack of practice is starting to show.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add one other issue. These guys NEVER practice anymore. The new CBA (2011) gave the players a lot of time off. They used to practice all the time. They used to have real training camp. They used to put on equipment more than 4 times during the season. Now every team has guys that don't even go to the voluntary shit. I realize they're pros, but this lack of practice is starting to show.

I also believe this to be the cause of the abnormal amount of injuries the last several years. These guys used to practice in pads and hit each other regularly. Now it’s all t-shirts and shorts.

These guys can do all the tire pulls, rope circuits, power cleans they want in the offseason. It doesn’t condition you to take a hit. It’s a contact sport. The only proper simulation of that is to strap em up and get after it.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for fucks sake.... Here we go.... Philly fans win a Super Bowl and immediately turn into insufferable assholes. Same shit happened with Boston years ago.
I'm just having fun with you guys. I am a Red Rifle fan and would love to see them take down the Steelers and Ravens on a regular basis.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL releases statement on new anthem policy

The league has ruled. This will be interesting as I gather that a lot of owners aren't really comfortable with the policy (e.g. Jets and Niners). Regardless, this pretty much ensures that this will continue to be a story in the coming year. Sorry BK.

Personally, I find it interesting how supportive American citizens are becoming of their rights being taken away. Yes, I realize this isn't a First Amendment right (the government isn't taking this away - though the owners did bow to the Pres to make it happen)..... But, this was not collectively bargained for and is outside the agreement between players and owners. No matter how you slice it, it is an example of a group giving up a right that they have earned through negotiation.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Bangles sang the national anthem, maybe they would stand up.

but if the Ben-gals sing the national anthem, they'll have to kneel, to hide their boners.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL releases statement on new anthem policy

The league has ruled. This will be interesting as I gather that a lot of owners aren't really comfortable with the policy (e.g. Jets and Niners). Regardless, this pretty much ensures that this will continue to be a story in the coming year. Sorry BK.

Personally, I find it interesting how supportive American citizens are becoming of their rights being taken away. Yes, I realize this isn't a First Amendment right (the government isn't taking this away - though the owners did bow to the Pres to make it happen)..... But, this was not collectively bargained for and is outside the agreement between players and owners. No matter how you slice it, it is an example of a group giving up a right that they have earned through negotiation.

I think this has less to do with Trump (though many will try and push that agenda) than it does the NFL's belief that fans (both those who have 'left' and those who remain) don't want to deal with any politics when they watch the NFL. It brings a uniform process to the issue, and the NFL must believe that, overall, this will bring back some of those fans who left. No business does anything with policy, and change, without expecting the bottom line to increase.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this has less to do with Trump (though many will try and push that agenda) than it does the NFL's belief that fans (both those who have 'left' and those who remain) don't want to deal with any politics when they watch the NFL. It brings a uniform process to the issue, and the NFL must believe that, overall, this will bring back some of those fans who left. No business does anything with policy, and change, without expecting the bottom line to increase.

I don't agree on the Trump angle. He's already taking credit.

I do agree that this is driven by what the owners feel is an issue impacting bottom line. i have no argument with this reasoning. But, my point remains - The owners cannot unilaterally act to change policies without collectively bargaining with the players union. I am shocked the players are okay with this - At the very least they gave up the ability to make this concession as a trade for something else.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - If you want to throw down, I'll be the guy kneeling in front of Aunt Annies at the Dayton Mall. See you there!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do agree that this is driven by what the owners feel is an issue impacting bottom line. i have no argument with this reasoning. But, my point remains - The owners cannot unilaterally act to change policies without collectively bargaining with the players union. I am shocked the players are okay with this - At the very least they gave up the ability to make this concession as a trade for something else.

Well, what Trump takes credit for, and what is reality is...well...not usually the same thing. Ha!

I do agree, it should have been held as a concession by the players, but it is what it is. No doubt this will be discussed during the next CBA.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - If you want to throw down, I'll be the guy kneeling in front of Aunt Annies at the Dayton Mall. See you there!

I'll be wearing Apollo Creed's outfit from Rocky IV -

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still won’t be watching. The Bengals are hot garbage. Marvin is still the coach, isn’t he? Dalton still the qb?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trump said he doesn’t think he deserves to be seen as the person who made the new policy happen, saying instead that he just highlighted something that a lot of Americans cared about.

“I think the people pushed it forward,” Trump said. “This was not me. I brought it out. I think the people pushed it forward. This country’s very smart. We have very smart people. That’s something ideally could have been taken when it first started, it would have been a lot easier. But if they did that, they’re doing the right thing.”

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
channel 9 Traffic reporter Jacyln Deaugustino being one of the bengals cheerleaders will single highhandedly save their business.

People will still give up on the Bengals by week 4, but they will go to watch her dance.

35_1515525823550_75661828_ver1.0.JPG