• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: LA Lakers vs Portland Trailblazers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe stop playing KCP and Danny Green when they keep clanking it off the side of the backboard (literally). Like that Kendrick Perkins tweet from earlier, you gotta play Waiters (Perk is trash, how the hell do I end up agreeing with him). After 1 half of watching those two vomit all over the court, both Waiter and JR Smith should have got some time. It's not like they could play any worse
waiters is definitely high risk-high reward.

i think you are right htough- at this point- how can you keeep watching Green and KCP clank 3's while you have a dynamic athlete like Waiters.

the variety of outcomes for Waiters are astounding. On one hand i wouldnt be surprised if he went 0/6, stalled the offense and got ejected- on the other hand it wouldnt surprise me if he gave you 25 points if he gets enough shots, make plays, break down the defense and is your 3rd best player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the bubble doesn't mean dick for the lesser teams...not sure why TF12 held on to that one
yah-- no way in hell Milwaukee loses a game 1 in their home stadium to Orlando.

A Staples crowd- the energy that would be in that building after 7 years with no playoffs, hte hype, the celebrities, the #1 seed and having 2 top 5 players.....the energy would have be enormous.

instead you are in a dead-ass stadium in the middle of city that is built on a swamp with no fans.

the environments could not be more different.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waiters is definitely high risk-high reward.

i think you are right htough- at this point- how can you keeep watching Green and KCP clank 3's while you have a dynamic athlete like Waiters.

the variety of outcomes for Waiters are astounding. On one hand i wouldnt be surprised if he went 0/6, stalled the offense and got ejected- on the other hand it wouldnt surprise me if he gave you 25 points if he gets enough shots, make plays, break down the defense and is your 3rd best player.

I think the approach they need to take with him is to put him in the game and see what he's got. If he's playing well, keep him in. If not, get him out of the game quickly and try again later.

AD's gotta be better. He got to the line a lot, which is good. But his shooting was terrible and he wasn't aggressive enough early. Kept settling for perimeter shots that weren't falling.

There were a lot of easy shots (put backs, layups, dunks, layups that should have been dunks) missed by everyone. Even with the horrible 3 point shooting...if they hit half of the easy shots they missed, they'd have won.

The Lakers did defend them better than I thought they could too. If they can keep that up, it'll help a lot.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I said about the Lakers last week in regards to my concerns came through tonight.

The 8 seeding games wasn't a fluke. They have not played good basketball (on offense) since being in the bubble.

Facts are facts
there is no flow on offense.

the Cavs and Heat always had a PG who was at least competent to keep the flow going--- and i am not even talking about Kyrie--- even with Bradley and Rondo the Lakers still wouldnt have a guy who can run the offense and get AD the ball in spots where he excels when LBJ is not doing it. Even a decent guy like a Chalmers or Mo Williams------ a guy like TJ McConnell on the Pacerse----- would help the Lakers immensely.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the approach they need to take with him is to put him in the game and see what he's got. If he's playing well, keep him in. If not, get him out of the game quickly and try again later.

AD's gotta be better. He got to the line a lot, which is good. But his shooting was terrible and he wasn't aggressive enough early. Kept settling for perimeter shots that weren't falling.

There were a lot of easy shots (put backs, layups, dunks, layups that should have been dunks) missed by everyone. Even with the horrible 3 point shooting...if they hit half of the easy shots they missed, they'd have won.

The Lakers did defend them better than I thought they could too. If they can keep that up, it'll help a lot.
of course its not something they can fix now- but the Lakers need a decent point guard that can run the offense and get Davis the ball in the right spots. It would make all the difference for them. LeBron just cant do that all the time and still have energy to score and play defense.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course its not something they can fix now- but the Lakers need a decent point guard that can run the offense and get Davis the ball in the right spots. It would make all the difference for them. LeBron just cant do that all the time and still have energy to score and play defense.

Agree. That's where Rondo would help. I love Caruso, but during the season when Lebron would rest, the offense ran better with Rondo than Caruso.

Caruso is actually at his best when he's on the floor with Lebron. Those 2 have some weird chemistry that just seems to work somehow.

Rondo obviously isn't the Boston Rondo anymore, but he's experienced and still good at keeping some flow to the offense while Lebron rests.

Really wish Collison would have decided to play when the Lakers were trying to sign him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD was nasty tonight. He should be embarrassed. Dude need to come out and drop 40/20 in game 2

Yeah I mean they should be worried but not too worried. They didn't really play a good game overall but free throw shooting and low % 3 point shooting is cause for concern bc this has been going on most of the season

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad reality:

Portland didn't play that great...and still won.

They played much better than LA.

Lakers 35% and 15% from 3. 11 missed FT's but most of all AD had a bad game and missed 5 FT's (out of the ordinary). Bron didn't have a great night scoring...Lakers missed a ton of easy putbacks.

Portland played a much better game and Dame caught fire late...if Dame doesn't hit those two deep 3's we are talking about the Lakers somehow winning Game 1 playing like dogshit. So not sure you are in reality right now lol.

The facts are what we all knew...the Lakers depth is not very good. This looks like the depth at the end of the Cavs run without Kyrie tbh. That's why Bron and AD need to score at will or they have no shot winning the west let alone getting out of this round.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers missed a ton of easy putbacks.

That's what really killed them, imo. I never expect the Lakers to shoot well from 3. I expect better than 15% from 3, but it's not something that I expect to win games for them.

If they just hit on about half of the putbacks and layups they missed, they win the game.

Late in the game, between the two of them Lebron and AD missed 4 straight free throws. Would have been nice to have those, especially at that point in the game too. lol

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both teams missed open looks and easy shots. Both teams shot under 40%

I still don't know why the Lakers didn't try to fill their team with 3 point shooters. AD and Lebron are going to draw double teams any time they go to the basket, but LA doesn't really have anyone you have to worry about to shoot from outside.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't know why the Lakers didn't try to fill their team with 3 point shooters.

From what I recall, there wasn't much left after the attempt to sign Kawhi finally fell through.

They have a lot of guys on 1 year deals who are older players. I expect they'll be looking to make some changes to the roster in the off season, regardless of how the season finishes.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lakers 35% and 15% from 3. 11 missed FT's but most of all AD had a bad game and missed 5 FT's (out of the ordinary). Bron didn't have a great night scoring...Lakers missed a ton of easy putbacks.

Portland played a much better game and Dame caught fire late...if Dame doesn't hit those two deep 3's we are talking about the Lakers somehow winning Game 1 playing like dogshit. So not sure you are in reality right now lol.

The facts are what we all knew...the Lakers depth is not very good. This looks like the depth at the end of the Cavs run without Kyrie tbh. That's why Bron and AD need to score at will or they have no shot winning the west let alone getting out of this round.

Not really.

Neither team played well. Portland came out with the victory.

Lakers have to play to their potential, or Portland will keep winning games.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if LeBron wins 0 playoff series his first 2 years in LA during his age 34 and 35 seasons and he is all of a sudden a 36 year old player with no success in LAL then Anthony DAvis' decision could get very interesting.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams missed open looks and easy shots. Both teams shot under 40%

I still don't know why the Lakers didn't try to fill their team with 3 point shooters. AD and Lebron are going to draw double teams any time they go to the basket, but LA doesn't really have anyone you have to worry about to shoot from outside.
i guess they thought those guys would be Green, KCP and Kuzma, but the thing is- the playoffs are a lot different then the regular season.

JR Smith was a guy that had some balls and could step up and take a big shot--- he could fuck up too- but i think he would make some shots.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the Lakers 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th best players are probably what? Green, Kuzma, Rondo and Morris?

tbh id take TT, Korver, Hill and Nance over that

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thing for the Lakers is- if they just shot 33% from 3 they probably easily win the game.

its what they always say- its a make or miss league. At this point it wouldnt surprise me if the Lakers won the next 4 games or lost the series.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m better at basketball than that Caruso and his stupid headband

how does a team expect to win with that kid getting so many minutes

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dhd:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.

Neither team played well. Portland came out with the victory.

Lakers have to play to their potential, or Portland will keep winning games.

Yes really, they played better than LA...maybe you just weren't watching the game. I never said Portland played well but you act like Portland shouldn't have won. They were leading the entire game and they still outplayed LA but both team didn't really play to their potential with LA playing pretty horrible overall.