• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1998 draft class

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Schefter:

Only one NFL player from 1998 draft class remains with team that selected him: Bears sixth-round pick, long-snapper Patrick Mannelly.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Schefter:

Only one NFL player from 1998 draft class remains with team that selected him: Bears sixth-round pick, long-snapper Patrick Mannelly.

riveting news Schefter. Almost 14 years later and you expect all the players from the 98 Class to still be playing football? Let alone for the same team that had initially drafted them.

That's as shocking of a news to me as saying: No player from coach Lombardi's SB winning teams remains on any NFL roster today. That's riveting news!!

Last edited by a moderator:

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
riveting news Schefter. Almost 14 years later and you expect all the players from the 98 Class to still be playing football? Let alone for the same team that had initially drafted them.

That's as shocking of a news to me as saying: No player from coach Lombardi's SB winning teams remains on any NFL roster today. That's riveting news!!
lol....repped

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yes, because twitter is meant exclusively for breaking contract signings during FA. There should be no trivial information posted by Schefter, Mort or Glazer.

I think if you're going to blast Schefter for posting this, you need to blast Pozz as well. Afterall, Pozz felt it was riveting enough to share with you here.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, because twitter is meant exclusively for breaking contract signings during FA. There should be no trivial information posted by Schefter, Mort or Glazer.

I think if you're going to blast Schefter for posting this, you need to blast Pozz as well. Afterall, Pozz felt it was riveting enough to share with you here.

No, I think Pozz wanted to bring us something to lift up our mood...something to laugh about since we had nothing joyful to think or laugh at since Manning/Broncos news.

And you proved my point, I could post a trivial info just like Schefter...see lombardi reference. Bottom line, he should have thought of a more interesting news to share other than..."it hasn't snowed in Mexico in over 40 years even in the mountains...". Riveting news I tell you!!

Last edited by a moderator:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No, I think Pozz wanted to bring us something to lift up our mood...something to laugh about since we had nothing joyful to think or laugh at since Manning/Broncos news.

And you proved my point, I could post a trivial info just like Schefter...see lombardi reference. Bottom line, he should have thought of a more interesting news to share other than..."it hasn't snowed in Mexico in over 40 years even in the mountains...". Riveting news I tell you!!

So pozz is off the hook for trying to lift the mood of 20 people, but Schefter gets blasted for doing the same for 1.4 million?

He sandwiched that in between information about Manning's contract, possible Tebow destinations (eliminating us) and Hines Ward retirement info (this is where the 98 draft tidbit came from as Ward was drafted in 98 and was with the same team his entire career).

Don't act like that's all he fucking posts. It takes 2 seconds of your life to read that post from Schefter. Get over yourself.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't think Schefter was implying anything in particular by posting that. I'm sure he saw it somewhere and just passed it along. Just as I did. I wouldn't expect too many players to remain on the same team for that long either. That's crazy. It was just one of those useless tidbits that made me say, "Hmm, I didn't know that." Nothing more. Nothing less. A post that doesn't add anything of value to the board? Definitely. I'm a sucker for random and sometimes useless information, though. If it would have been a rant or something that would have taken minutes to read I wouldn't have posted it.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny posts, but I think you're missing the point, Bingo. It is pretty amazing that Peyton Manning played for the same team since 1998 (no matter how it ended). You made the point yourself that many of those guys aren't even in football anymore. In fact, the guy picked right after Peyton didn't last four years in the league, let alone with the same team. Plus, how often does Patrick Mannelly get any sort of positive "national" press? It's a cool accomplishment, and a funny human interest tidbit after a signing that had all NFL fans "riveted."

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't think Schefter was implying anything in particular by posting that. I'm sure he saw it somewhere and just passed it along. Just as I did. I wouldn't expect too many players to remain on the same team for that long either. That's crazy. It was just one of those useless tidbits that made me say, "Hmm, I didn't know that." Nothing more. Nothing less. A post that doesn't add anything of value to the board? Definitely. I'm a sucker for random and sometimes useless information, though. If it would have been a rant or something that would have taken minutes to read I wouldn't have posted it.

Easy big fella. I wasn't attacking you. Just pointing out the stupidity of Bingo's decision to attack one person for sharing information and not another for sharing the exact same info, for essentially the same reasons.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Easy big fella. I wasn't attacking you. Just pointing out the stupidity of Bingo's decision to attack one person for sharing information and not another for sharing the exact same info, for essentially the same reasons.

Nah, I gotcha.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still giggle about jimmy johnson taking avery in the 1st. avery was someone i was looking at in the 3rd.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, these long snappers last forever.