• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

16-17 Season Thread

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first time leaguepass is looking alright for me. Woke up at 1am sunday morning to watch that unforgettable game and couldn't get a connection other than constant buffer. had to watch it on my laptop on a streaming site with no pay. That being said, as I can watch my first game replay after the fact, they have improved greatly. It's no longer put up the same as the regular game where you have to wait through the timeouts and commercial breaks where you see the Commercial Break League pass will be back shortly or whatever message, they just cut back after a second or two so it doesn't shift terribly like the 15 minute games do.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 point lead with 90, embiid denies vuc, sergio drive denied, magic on the other end, all the cats in the paint and they score. I know how this ends and I'm just disappointed, Embiid can't do everything every time.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, that nails it, finally down to that possession of sorts. Fucking no ball movement at all, give it in to Embiid at the top, fine, pass it off, dribbled the ball with noone moving for the next 10 seconds. the fuck are they doing. BB might be good at player development, but the next offensive play he draws up out of a timeout that scores a point will be the first. He feels like Mo Cheeks 2.0 to me, I appreciated everything he did while here, but it was never quite there for what a HC should be, needed to be surrounded by others to actually draw plays up.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they want to try and open up the floor a bit more for the bigs. Be interesting to see what the pick ends up being.

Sixers trade Grant to OKC for Ilyasova, conditional draft pick

Interesting. Best of luck to Grant. I don't think he was going to have very many minutes available to him going forward. Ilysova will be a nice addition but will he cut into playing time for Saric?

Looks like Embiid will rest tonight and we'll get to see Okafor. He'll be limited to 24 minutes.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, that nails it, finally down to that possession of sorts. Fucking no ball movement at all, give it in to Embiid at the top, fine, pass it off, dribbled the ball with noone moving for the next 10 seconds. the fuck are they doing. BB might be good at player development, but the next offensive play he draws up out of a timeout that scores a point will be the first. He feels like Mo Cheeks 2.0 to me, I appreciated everything he did while here, but it was never quite there for what a HC should be, needed to be surrounded by others to actually draw plays up.

The playcalls out of timeouts have been disappointing this year. It's surprising because I always thought he did a good job of that over the last few years. Now he's got this monstrous force inside and he can't figure out how to use him. I say give it time.

I didn't get to watch the game but I noticed that Saric put up some numbers, 21 points on 9-15 shooting, including 3-4 from long distance. I think he'll remain inconsistent for at least the first half of this year. 20 points some games, 5 points other games. My hope is that he becomes a bigger force as a rebounder and becomes one of those guys who just fills up the stat sheet with rebounds and assists and any points you get out of him are a nice bonus.

They're 13 point underdogs tonight against Charlotte. They'll be without Embiid so I'm sure that impacts the line but I don't quite understand why Charlotte is such a huge favorite. I guess we'll see.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid's per 36 minute numbers:

29.7 points, 10.9 rebounds, 4.6 blocks, 2.3 assists, 12 free throw attempts.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's frustrating to lose close games. But, that was Embiid and Saric's first experience at trying to close out a game. Important to note that several players were +4, +5, +6. Stauskas was a game low -20!

In regards to the trade, we took a 2nd rounder with potential and turned that into a veteran and a possible late 1st round pick (or two 2nd rounders). Looks like Presti fell in love with the potential that Grant oozes, so let's wish their shooting coach the best of luck. This trade looks pretty good down the line, especially if Westbrook re-ups.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's frustrating to lose close games. But, that was Embiid and Saric's first experience at trying to close out a game. Important to note that several players were +4, +5, +6. Stauskas was a game low -20!

In regards to the trade, we took a 2nd rounder with potential and turned that into a veteran and a possible late 1st round pick (or two 2nd rounders). Looks like Presti fell in love with the potential that Grant oozes, so let's wish their shooting coach the best of luck. This trade looks pretty good down the line, especially if Westbrook re-ups.

I'm not hating on the trade at all. I'm all in on Embiid. Once he's on the floor for the majority they're already great. Throw Simmons into the mix, if he can grow a 3 point shot money. Again, I'd like to get rid of Okafor over Embiid, he has great post moves, but he's still a black hole on both sides of the court. Noel is a plus defender and can work the cut to the hoop with Emiid doing whatever, he doesn't need to have any offensive presence, espcially out there with Simmons and Embiid. Need the 1 and the 2. Saric in the mix and Holmes, it's all solid.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just getting so old real fast already. Granted, no one is saying they should be making playoffs this year, or even winning 25-30 games. But my god do they really fucking HAVE to go 10-72 again???

its so god damn embarassing. The only thing can take positively is that maybe they are 2-1 right now with a healthy Ben Simmons. This team desperately needs his ballhandling skills, because the guards on this team are a fucking joke and have been in like forever

Can't wait until either Ben Simmons is back and kind of running floor as a point-forward, and/or they get way better talent at PG

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just getting so old real fast already. Granted, no one is saying they should be making playoffs this year, or even winning 25-30 games. But my god do they really fucking HAVE to go 10-72 again???

its so god damn embarassing. The only thing can take positively is that maybe they are 2-1 right now with a healthy Ben Simmons. This team desperately needs his ballhandling skills, because the guards on this team are a fucking joke and have been in like forever

Can't wait until either Ben Simmons is back and kind of running floor as a point-forward, and/or they get way better talent at PG

Sergio has been serviceable but he can't play 48 minutes per game. It'll be nice when they can reduce the roles of some of these guys once Bayless and Simmons are back.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers finally cut the lead down without giving it back to the Cavs on the run at the end of the Q. Down 2 to start the fourth. Cavs were pretty lazy on offense in the third, let's see how this shakes out.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another final possession for the tie or win that ends in the hands of Gerald Henderson.

giphy.gif

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys ready for the first win of the season tonight? The Jazz are on an East Coast road trip and played last night. Now is as good a time as ever to pull out the first victory.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys ready for the first win of the season tonight? The Jazz are on an East Coast road trip and played last night. Now is as good a time as ever to pull out the first victory.

I don't know. After win 1, looking forward to win 2 just wouldn't be the same.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else, the winning starts today, right? I think it'll take a while until I'm sick of it, though.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took five minutes longer than it should have, but eventually they did come out with it. 4 point play by Ersan stopped the bleeding in the fourth and helped change the tide.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning tonight would be huge. After tonight, they play five teams that currently have a losing record: Washington, Minnesota, Phoenix, Miami, Memphis.

7-8 after the next 6?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning tonight would be huge. After tonight, they play five teams that currently have a losing record: Washington, Minnesota, Phoenix, Miami, Memphis.

7-8 after the next 6?

I'm thinking 2-13, with an outside shot at 3-12

L vs WAS (Wall will be back, possibly Beal)
L at MIN (2nd game of BTB, so no Embiid)
W vs PHX
W/L vs MIA
L vs MEM

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking 2-13, with an outside shot at 3-12

L vs WAS (Wall will be back, possibly Beal)
L at MIN (2nd game of BTB, so no Embiid)
W vs PHX
W/L vs MIA
L vs MEM

Washington has not been shooting particularly well. I see that as a strong possibility for a win, even with Wall back. Washington has the 4th worst 3-point percentage in the league and the 2nd worst 3-point percentage allowed. The 76ers have attempted the 9th most 3-pointers in the league and connect at a respectable 35.2% rate. The 76ers allow opponents to hit 36% of their 3PA, but: (1) Washington is worse, allowing 38.6% of 3PA; and (2) the Wizards attempt 10 less 3PA per game than the 76ers (28.4 per game for the 76ers, 18.7 per game for the Wizards.)

Basically, it may not matter that Wall is back -- because if Washington can't hit or defend the 3-pointer, than the 76ers should be able to win the game.

Bottom line, I think it's a nice matchup for them.

As for Houston, that game will depend on Harden. I suspect he'll put up some big numbers on them and I've got no clue who they're going to be able to put out there to try to defend him.