• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

15 million in Cap

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just reported 49ers will have 15 million to play with. Throw in cutting Rogers(if it happens we will have like 22 million to spend. Figure 5.5 for Boldin we are back at 16.5. Thats a lot of money to play with.

Should be fun to see what they do.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just reported 49ers will have 15 million to play with. Throw in cutting Rogers(if it happens we will have like 22 million to spend. Figure 5.5 for Boldin we are back at 16.5. Thats a lot of money to play with.

Should be fun to see what they do.

I read some where recently that said cutting Rogers would save around 5 million...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats a good amount of money to play with. We can make some noise.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock up our players like Boldin, Dawson, Whitner, Brown then go for FA like Maclin, Britt, Grimes, Tillman, Blackmon, Verner, Vontae Davis, etc.

Im getting so excited I cant wait to see who we get in the draft and in FA.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock up our players like Boldin, Dawson, Whitner, Brown then go for FA like Maclin, Britt, Grimes, Tillman, Blackmon, Verner, Vontae Davis, etc.

Im getting so excited I cant wait to see who we get in the draft and in FA.

Brown is gone

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing rumbles about Tillman

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong blackmon

Don’t be scared off that he played for the Jacksonville Jaguars; cornerback Will Blackmon is a capable and well-rounded NFL player.

There’s no doubt the 49ers will be shopping around for cut-rate cornerbacks. That includes Blackmon, who is by no means a household name. He is still a developmental player, but he has an NFL callus.

And the silver lining is that even at 29 years old, he does not have a lot of wear and tear.

He only has 10 starts to his name, eight of which came last season. And five years into his career, he has just 55 tackles, which most starting corners do in the span of a season. But he’s made plays and demonstrated good ball awareness and athleticism at 6’0”, 200 pounds.

In that limited time, he has also managed 11 pass breakups, one sack, four forced fumbles, six recoveries and two defensive touchdowns.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching Bay Area Sports News with Matt Maiocco and he stated that there is a good chance that the Niners will try to work a deal with Kap. He also said that Kap's agent will use Cutler's salary as a starting point. Kawakami, who was also present chimed in and said that Kaps agent is looking at possibly $16-18 mill annually. That is a lot of money. I don't think Kap is worth $16-18 mill annually.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching Bay Area Sports News with Matt Maiocco and he stated that there is a good chance that the Niners will try to work a deal with Kap. He also said that Kap's agent will use Cutler's salary as a starting point. Kawakami, who was also present chimed in and said that Kaps agent is looking at possibly $16-18 mill annually. That is a lot of money. I don't think Kap is worth $16-18 mill annually.

That's not a bad contract for a Franchise QB. If we get him at 16 million that is a bargain.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not a bad contract for a Franchise QB. If we get him at 16 million that is a bargain.

I was hoping more in the line of $12 mill with built in incentives like 30TD's, 62% passing accuracy and leading the 49ers to a Super Bowl victory. I hope that Kap works on his weaknesses this offseason. His footwork needs a lot of work and so does his pocket presence. There are times when he depends too much of his athleticism thinking he could make any throw even throwing with his back foot. For $16 mill per year, a QB should be alble to view the entire field, not just locking to one receiver. Kap also needs to remember that he has a great defense that has his back.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe it can be like this thread: instead of "15 Million in Cap," it could be, "15 Million in Kap."

FTR, I want the contract to be as close to 7 years and league minimum as possible. Not because that's what he worth or deserves but because anyone should want more money for the team. So if it's 16 v. 12, I want 12. If it's 12 or 8, I want 8. Etc. The less the better and this applies to everyone on the team, not just Kaepernick or QBs.

Hopefully, you read the whole thing. I'm not talking about what the Niners should offer. I'm just saying that I'm hoping for whatever they agree to being the most for for the other 50 that count against the cap and the future years.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping more in the line of $12 mill with built in incentives like 30TD's, 62% passing accuracy and leading the 49ers to a Super Bowl victory. I hope that Kap works on his weaknesses this offseason. His footwork needs a lot of work and so does his pocket presence. There are times when he depends too much of his athleticism thinking he could make any throw even throwing with his back foot. For $16 mill per year, a QB should be alble to view the entire field, not just locking to one receiver. Kap also needs to remember that he has a great defense that has his back.

If he's going for security and not money, now is the time; if he wants money, I think he can increase it by waiting. If he improves but doesn't win, he at least has leverage that he could leave. If he doesn't improve, that's just his gamble.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it can be like this thread: instead of "15 Million in Cap," it could be, "15 Million in Kap."
FTR, I want the contract to be as close to 7 years and league minimum as possible. Not because that's what he worth or deserves but because anyone should want more money for the team. So if it's 16 v. 12, I want 12. If it's 12 or 8, I want 8. Etc. The less the better and this applies to everyone on the team, not just Kaepernick or QBs.

Hopefully, you read the whole thing. I'm not talking about what the Niners should offer. I'm just saying that I'm hoping for whatever they agree to being the most for for the other 50 that count against the cap and the future years.

Very clever indeed!