• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

11 Games

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ten game projection recap:

team Projection result
LAC L W
@LAC L L
MEM L L
POR W W
@DEN L L
MIA L L
@SA L -
@NO W -
LAC L -
OKC L -

one game ahead of prediction....

Still one game ahead of the 2-8 projection. This portion of the schedule is going to reveal whether they are for real or half season wonders.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami game...man. I gave up at halftime. The turnovers, the terrible rebounding...gave me a headache. Figured things were only going to get worse.

I can't wait until this tough stretch is over. My inner pantshat meter has his 100.

You lasted longer than I did... Check out the Bones Brigade Documentary that is streaming on Netflix... far more entertaining.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still one game ahead of the 2-8 projection. This portion of the schedule is going to reveal whether they are for real or half season wonders.

I think they are the team that most of us thought they were at the beginning of the year (a 7 or 8 seed). The Lakers will rise, others will drop. The only hope for a higher seeding is if the Grizzlies trade Rudy Gay for picks and very little else. Love's injury woes help a lot, too, but he will be back for a push and the Blazers are only getting better. Either way, the only thing that can push them out of the playoffs is another injury without Bogut coming back.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in the original 11 game stretch, the Warriors are 5-5. They have a road game remaining against the Spurs. Not bad considering the quality of talent they had to play. This is along with my expectations of this team.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hornets have won 6 or their last 7, with every victory against a quality opponent. Looked like a probable win a short time ago. Not so much anymore.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's never a good thing to play the Spurs while on a bit of skid (let alone on the road), but I like the Dubs' chances with Manu out. Hopefully, they can steal one (though, I certainly don't expect it).

kaz1220

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-6

If Curry is out tonight vs. the Spurs, I don't think they have a chance to beat the Spurs

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

team Projection result
LAC L W
@LAC L L
MEM L L
POR W W
@DEN L L
MIA L L
@SA L L
@NO W -
LAC L -
OKC L -

still one game ahead, but a very loseable game tomorrow. Not hard to see a six or eight game losing streak.

W's come up with a novel way to lose: stupid fouls.

One night -- horrific ball security;
Next night -- shitty rebounding;
Following night -- stupid fouls

They are playing themselves from a possible home court first round to having to travel to a championship contender...and most of it is their own fault. Tomorrow night is as close as it gets to a "must win" in January.

Ugly, ugly, ugly.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

team Projection result
LAC L W
@LAC L L
MEM L L
POR W W
@DEN L L
MIA L L
@SA L L
@NO W W
LAC L -
OKC L -

still one game ahead.

As "must" a win as you can get in January and they won. Horrific rebounding, the worst interior defense I've seen all year, but they pulled it out. Now home for a couple of probable losses before the Schedule From Hell is over.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

team Projection result
LAC L W
@LAC L L
MEM L L
POR W W
@DEN L L
MIA L L
@SA L L
@NO W W
LAC L W
OKC L -

Two games ahead.

Schedule from hell just about over.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

team Projection result
LAC L W
@LAC L L
MEM L L
POR W W
@DEN L L
MIA L L
@SA L L
@NO W W
LAC L W
OKC L -

Two games ahead.

Schedule from hell just about over.

There are definitely a lot more winnable games in the second half of the season. The 50-win mark is looking attainable. Even with being on pace, I certainly wouldn't say probable (ankle issues abound). However, it has to be the goal.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are definitely a lot more winnable games in the second half of the season. The 50-win mark is looking attainable. Even with being on pace, I certainly wouldn't say probable (ankle issues abound). However, it has to be the goal.

Yep.

And 16 of their final 24 games are at home. A lot of those games are against non-playoff teams.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Golden State of Mind:

The bad news is that the schedule doesn't get a lot easier. Nine of the next 14 games are on the road, and the home games include Houston and OKC. The road games also include Houston and OKC, as well as Memphis and the Bulls. It's a brutal stretch leading up to the All-Star break, and will challenge the Dubs at least as much as January already has. Still, the Warriors are well into the playoff mix with almost half the season gone. It's been a good run so far, and we can look forward to more excellent basketball in the Bay Area .

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be pretty disappointed if we don't win 50, especially since Bogut will be back sooner rather than later. Would love to steal a win tomorrow night before the schedule softens...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Golden State of Mind:

The bad news is that the schedule doesn't get a lot easier. Nine of the next 14 games are on the road, and the home games include Houston and OKC. The road games also include Houston and OKC, as well as Memphis and the Bulls. It's a brutal stretch leading up to the All-Star break, and will challenge the Dubs at least as much as January already has. Still, the Warriors are well into the playoff mix with almost half the season gone. It's been a good run so far, and we can look forward to more excellent basketball in the Bay Area .

I don't agree with that assessment. After the OKC game tomorrow, the 11 games leading up to the ASB are:

@CHI
@MIL
@TOR
@CLE
DAL
PHO
@HOU
@OKC
@MEM

I see 6-7 wins there. True, a lot of road games, but the W's are deep and you figure they get Bogut back in there somewhere, which would make them even deeper. The Bulls are barely .500 at home; ditto Milwaukee. Toronto and Cleveland suck ass; the Mavs are a shitty road team and the Suns are just shitty period. Houston and the Thunder will be challenges no doubt, and if we have Bogut I think the Grizz game is winnable.

I'm pretty optimistic once tomorrow night's game is over.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to fight through this tough stretch. Even with Curry and Lee banged up, as well as Bogy not being back yet (he's been running sprints now).

This type of stretch really toughens a team up, gets you ready for a playoff run.

Be very excited Warriors fans, this team is going to alot better when Bogy gets back.

:yahoo::yahoo:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with that assessment. After the OKC game tomorrow, the 11 games leading up to the ASB are:

@CHI
@MIL
@TOR
@CLE
DAL
PHO
@HOU
@OKC
@MEM

I see 6-7 wins there. True, a lot of road games, but the W's are deep and you figure they get Bogut back in there somewhere, which would make them even deeper. The Bulls are barely .500 at home; ditto Milwaukee. Toronto and Cleveland suck ass; the Mavs are a shitty road team and the Suns are just shitty period. Houston and the Thunder will be challenges no doubt, and if we have Bogut I think the Grizz game is winnable.

I'm pretty optimistic once tomorrow night's game is over.

This is a tough stretch. Even though we play on that East coast swing, that's a 4 games in 5 nights deal. Back to back Bulls and Bucks, day off, then back to back Raptors and Uncle Drews.

5 wins sounds about right. 6+ wins is gravy, imo.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a tough stretch. Even though we play on that East coast swing, that's a 4 games in 5 nights deal. Back to back Bulls and Bucks, day off, then back to back Raptors and Uncle Drews.

5 wins sounds about right. 6+ wins is gravy, imo.

7 and 2. The only definite losses are OKC and Memphis.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

team Projection result
LAC L W
@LAC L L
MEM L L
POR W W
@DEN L L
MIA L L
@SA L L
@NO W W
LAC L W
OKC L W

Three games ahead. Just a stunningly good stretch of hoops from these kids. 5-5; who'da thunk it?

Schedule from hell over.

Now, let's fatten up on these Leastern Conference teams.