• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

11 Games

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors survived their first big test of the season. Seven road games, playing without Bogut, with three rookies logging significant minutes...and a 6-1 record.

Their next big challenge will begin on Saturday when they begin a stretch of 11 games in which they play The Clips three times, the Lakers, The Thunder, The Heat, The Spurs, and Memphis.

We tend to start prediction threads on the Giants board from time to time. Seems to encourage dialogue and wild optimism/pessimism. Time to make your predictions.

Dec. 22 Vs. Lakers (Win...kick them when they're down)

Dec. 26 @ Utah (Loss. No matter the roster, they always play us tough)

Dec. 28 Vs. Denver (Win. difficult matchup. Faried is going to be a pain in the ass for years)

Dec. 29 Vs. Boston (Win. Happy that Big Baby moved on)

Jan. 2 Vs. Clips (Win. I feel absolutely no confidence in this prediction)

Jan. 5 @ Clips (Loss)

Jan. 9 Vs. Memphis (Win. Beat them at home. Gotta slow their Bigs. No confidence in this one either!)

Jan. 11 Vs. Blazers (Win. Looking forward to seeing Lillard vs. Curry)

Jan. 13 @ Nuggets (Loss)

Jan. 16 Vs. Heat (Loss. Can't see the Ws beating them twice)

Jan. 18 @ Spurs (Loss)

I would be thrilled with 6-5.

Last edited by a moderator:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors survived their first big test of the season. Seven road games, playing without Bogut, with three rookies logging significant minutes...and a 6-1 record.

Their next big challenge will begin on Saturday when they begin a stretch of 11 games in which they play The Clips three times, the Lakers, The Thunder, The Heat, The Spurs, and Memphis.

We tend to start prediction threads on the Giants board from time to time. Seems to encourage dialogue and wild optimism/pessimism. Time to make your predictions.

Dec. 28 Vs. Denver (Win. difficult matchup. Faried is going to be a pain in the ass for years)

Jan. 5 @ Clips (Loss)

Jan. 9 Vs. Memphis (Win. Beat them at home. Gotta slow their Bigs. No confidence in this one either!)

Jan. 13 @ Nuggets (Loss)

Jan. 18 @ Spurs (Loss)

This is a pretty brutal stretch. 5-6 sounds about right, although if they go 4-7 I wouldn't be surprised. I think a lot of these games are incredibly tough match up wise for us. Here's how I see them playing out:

Dec. 22 Vs. Lakers (Loss. We have a legitimate shot at a win, but with Pau being back and Nash coming back from his injury, they just have too much size in the middle for us.)

Dec. 26 @ Utah (Win. Should be able to outgun them here. Tough team, but we'll need to win this one.)

Dec. 28 Vs. Denver (Win. Home court gives us advantage here. Last two games against Denver has been favorable towards us with the OT loss that we botched and the recent win)

Dec. 29 Vs. Boston (Win. This should be another tough match up but I have a feeling we walk out with a quality win.)

Jan. 2 Vs. Clips (Win. Clips are playing at a very high level right now. Probably ends up being a close game and hopefully our home court helps us with the win.)

Jan. 5 @ Clips (Loss)

Jan. 9 Vs. Memphis (Loss. Memphis is just one of those teams we do not match up well against, at all.)

Jan. 11 Vs. Blazers (Win. Must win game and ends the 3 game skid.)

Jan. 13 @ Nuggets (Loss. Nuggets are always tougher to play in their building.)

Jan. 16 Vs. Heat (Loss. Can't see the Ws beating them twice *agree)

Jan. 18 @ Spurs (Loss. Unless Pop decides to rest the big 3, don't see us coming out with the W.)

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-1 no prob!

:lie:

For reals though, this is going to be tough, good thing we compiled some wins while they were "easy".

No prediction from me, just prayer.

:pray2:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Loss -- Lake show with three days off, W's playing 4th game in 5 nights.

Loss -- Utah tough at home

Win -- rested and at home

Loss -- back-to-back could catch up with us.

Win -- W's rise to the elite teams.

Jan. 5 @ Clips (Loss)
Loss -- Clips exact revenge

Win -- well rested and up to the elite team challenge

Win -- rested

Jan. 13 @ Nuggets (Loss)
Loss -- can't run in Denver for four quarters

Loss -- Miami gets revenge

Jan. 18 @ Spurs (Loss)
Loss -- but it'll be a good game

So would I, but I see 4-7.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to make your predictions.

Dec. 22 Vs. Lakers
LOSS

Dec. 26 @ Utah
Possible Win. SLC is tough to play in but I think we can beat them.

Dec. 28 Vs. Denver
Loss - Denver is really a top 4 team in the West.

Dec. 29 Vs. Boston
Win

Jan. 2 Vs. Clips
Loss - who's defending Blake

Jan. 5 @ Clips
Loss

Jan. 9 Vs. Memphis
Loss. Their interior combo, once again, will be too tough for us to defend. Memphis is the real deal.

Jan. 11 Vs. Blazers
Win.

Jan. 13 @ Nuggets (Loss)
Loss

Jan. 16 Vs. Heat
Loss. LBJ will go nuts on us.

Jan. 18 @ Spurs
Loss. We almost always lose to these guys.

I see the Warriors winning 3 - 4 games at most in this stretch.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-1.

Great win last night. Curry dominated the 1st quarter (well, the 1st minute, scoring 9 points). Defense was tough. If you missed it, the Ws were up 20 points in the 4th quarter before bringing in the scrubs.

A dominating road win against a team that had only lost twice at home all year. (against the Clips and Memphis).

Impressive.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops. The Warriors next game is against Philly at home, not Denver. (an Andre Iguodala brain cramp?). Would be nice to take the next two home games before facing the Clips.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops. The Warriors next game is against Philly at home, not Denver. (an Andre Iguodala brain cramp?). Would be nice to take the next two home games before facing the Clips.

I think it speaks to the amount of times we've already faced the Nuggets, that no one even bothered to check. Just assumed we haven't played them in two weeks, probably due for another game with them.

So far 2 for 2 with my predictions. I think against Philly we should handle them pretty easily if they can contain Jrue and Thaddeus. DLee should have his way down low. If Klay gets 18 or more, we win this by double digits.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next twelve are going to tell us all we need to know about the season, save for a (fictional?) return by Bogut.

PHI W
BOS W
LAC L
@LAC L
MEM L
POR W
@DEN L
MIA L
@SA L
@NO W
LAC L
OKC L

Brutal, brutal stretch. I see 4-8, which would leave us 23-18 at the halfway point. Bad news: that's on pace for 46 wins which may not make the playoffs. Good news: the second half schedule is much easier.

Interesting times. That gag job against the Lakers may come back to haunt us.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next twelve are going to tell us all we need to know about the season, save for a (fictional?) return by Bogut.

PHI W
BOS W
LAC L
@LAC L
MEM L
POR W
@DEN L
MIA L
@SA L
@NO W
LAC L
OKC L

Brutal, brutal stretch. I see 4-8, which would leave us 23-18 at the halfway point. Bad news: that's on pace for 46 wins which may not make the playoffs. Good news: the second half schedule is much easier.

Yep. I see 4-8 as well. But hey, how many of us would have taken 23-18 at the beginning of the season? I certainly would have, even with a healthy Bogut and Rush.

Probably way too early for this conversation but...do you see the Ws pulling a trade? A more consistent 3 would be huge, but would of course hurt the development of Green and Barnes. How important is it that the team makes the playoffs?

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PHI W
BOS W
LAC L
@LAC L
MEM L
POR W
@DEN L
MIA L
@SA L
@NO W
LAC L
OKC L

More schedule info: after the "halfway point," the Ws go on the road for 4 games.

8 of the 12 games in February are on the road. (who made this freaking schedule?!)

In March, 11 of their 16 games are at home, and against some easier competition.

The young guys are going to be tested big time. Gonna need a shot in the arm. Need Bogut back.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I see 4-8 as well. But hey, how many of us would have taken 23-18 at the beginning of the season? I certainly would have, even with a healthy Bogut and Rush.

Probably way too early for this conversation but...do you see the Ws pulling a trade? A more consistent 3 would be huge, but would of course hurt the development of Green and Barnes. How important is it that the team makes the playoffs?

I remember a Warriors team that won what, 48 games and still missed the playoffs? If you're speculation is on the dime, then at 46 this team isn't going to make the PO's.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a Warriors team that won what, 48 games and still missed the playoffs? If you're speculation is on the dime, then at 46 this team isn't going to make the PO's.

My concern is that there are so many good teams competing for just 8 spots.

What gives me hope is that many of those teams or in the Northwest division. Let's hope Utah, Denver, Portland, and Minnesota beat each other up a bit.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-1.

Random thoughts:

Lee continues to prove the haters wrong. He was clutch in the 4th quarter, scoring 8 points when the offense was sputtering and Philly was making a late charge.

Glad for Barnes' sake that the Ws are winning. He shot looks flat and he attempts some absolutely ridiculous shots at times. At other times, he's invisible.

Biedrins got in foul trouble...but when he was out there, he played solid D and continued to rebound (7 in 15 minutes). And, get this, he even had a 3-point play. He dunked off a pass from Curry and swished the free throw! (I think he's 4-9 on free throws this year)

Can Curry please stop making left-handed shovel passes? 18 Warrior turnovers tonight, many of them just careless, the kind of passes my buddies and I make in pick-up games.

Jack and Landry combined for 31 points. Anyone know Jack's contract status?

From Philly coach Doug Collins, about the Warriors: "They're a feel-good team. When you watch them play, it looks like they like to play. They've got depth and they've got good chemistry."

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-1.

Random thoughts:

Lee continues to prove the haters wrong. He was clutch in the 4th quarter, scoring 8 points when the offense was sputtering and Philly was making a late charge.

Glad for Barnes' sake that the Ws are winning. He shot looks flat and he attempts some absolutely ridiculous shots at times. At other times, he's invisible.

Biedrins got in foul trouble...but when he was out there, he played solid D and continued to rebound (7 in 15 minutes). And, get this, he even had a 3-point play. He dunked off a pass from Curry and swished the free throw! (I think he's 4-9 on free throws this year)

Can Curry please stop making left-handed shovel passes? 18 Warrior turnovers tonight, many of them just careless, the kind of passes my buddies and I make in pick-up games.

Jack and Landry combined for 31 points. Anyone know Jack's contract status?

From Philly coach Doug Collins, about the Warriors: "They're a feel-good team. When you watch them play, it looks like they like to play. They've got depth and they've got good chemistry."

Overall good game. Once again big lead leading in the 3rd and a bit of a let up.

I personally like what Barnes did last game. I thought he played very well in the first half and didn't get inserted back in until the 3rd quarter. I like him being aggressive early in the game to try to get it going. When the Warriors were struggling in the 3rd I thought they could have used Barnes and his athleticism to try and get something going to the basket. He took 2 shots that were questionable but I think if he keeps working in the gym and has a bit better shot selection, his scoring will come around.

Jack is in the last year of his contract. With his play of late, its going to drive up his market value. He's currently making approximately 5.4m a year.

Landry signed a 2 year deal, but the second year of the deal is a player option. I don't see any way Landry does not exercise that option and test out the market.

With Biedrins and Jefferson still on the books for one more year, it's going to be hard to resign those guys after the year is out. They could also do a Jeremy Lin type deal where the raises escalate substantially in a later year of the contract. It will really depend on how they perform for the rest of the year and also what other offers they have out there.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Ws looking good tonight as well. However, I had them winning both these home games. The REAL test will come over the next 10, where I see 2-8. Get prepared for some consistent losing.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Ws looking good tonight as well. However, I had them winning both these home games. The REAL test will come over the next 10, where I see 2-8. Get prepared for some consistent losing.

blah...blah...blah...

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Helped that Rondo was a late scratch.Still, how many times in recent years did the Warriors lose/struggle against teams they should beat? So I'll take it.

Great shooting, generally good ball movement, good defense...and a shitload of stupid turnovers.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been adamant on here about getting Barnes involved early and it's clear that the Warriors are much better when he's producing. I just took a look at his numbers this year and he's scored in double digits 12 games this year. In those games where he's scored at least 10 or more, the Warriors are 10-2, with the two losses coming against the Thunder and Lakers.

Hopefully Harrison can build off the Celtics performance going into the new year. We will definitely need his production if we're hoping to take a few games we're not expected to win.