• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's healthy and on pace for 25 goals, it's historically a below average season for him (I wouldn't say bad), but there will definitely be takers. It's because he brings many intangibles to the table aside from just his goal scoring. I really don't need to list them...Lol

Plus, even at below average, he's a steal at 3.9M.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, even at below average, he's a steal at 3.9M.

Yes, he is. I hope he doesn't want north of $6 million per with his next deal however. His role is going to be reduced. Any more than that and we're overpaying, for sure.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always a shot and next year will be better than last and so on. If the team looks good you normally would trade for a rental so why trade Simmonds away and rent someone else? That was my point. The Jets last year gave up a first for Stastny as an example. I do agree that if there's no chance then move him if of course they can't resign him.

As per Hart hopefully he goes Dryden and helps win us a cup! Wouldn't surprise me if he plays this year but if not it's because the others are healthy and playing well. Could be a win win either way...
I didn't say to get a rental player. In my post to AWAZ i wanted to get a player to help us on the PK and a couple of draft picks, at the very least if i was going to trade Simmer. My point was to not lose Simmonds and get nothing in return. The same would apply if we got a rental so that wouldn't be a smart move to lose Simmer and the rental player so i would never suggest that.

Please god let Hart be our savior!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being that JVR is going to wear #25 i will say this, at least hes better than Nick Cousins. :lol:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i guess its implied here by Hexy that nobody is interested until his contract demands are more clear so at least he wont go to a rival of ours just yet.

True. I kind of expect Panarin to be a deadline type move. If the BJs are out of contention.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27. Carter Hart, G, 19 (Philadelphia Flyers — 48th overall, 2016)
I erred on the side of caution in having Samsonov as my top goalie on the list because he has done it against tougher competition and for a longer period of time but Hart is probably the most purely gifted goalie prospect in the world. His results speak for itself: Hart is a two-time CHL goaltender of the year (quite frankly, he should have won it over Michael McNiven two years ago too) and three-time WHL goaltender of the year (a first). Last year, Hart’s .947 save percentage was the highest in WHL history. This, in a league that has produced Carey Price, Cam Ward, James Reimer, and Martin Jones, among others, in recent memory. The Flyers have needed a true starting goalie for as long as I can remember and Hart should become that guy sooner than later.

Wheeler: The Top 50 drafted NHL prospects ranking, 2018...

Behind a paywall, but here's the section on Hart.

Frost at 42 also.

Farabee, Myers, and Lindblom listed in the honorable mentions.

Edit: In the comments section he said Patrick would be top 10 and Sanheim would be in the top 50, had they been eligible (wasn't including 'NHL guys')

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3C for me, but PP usage is intriguing too. Sounds like 3C is a battle between

Laughton
Lehtera
Weal
Vorobyov
Frost
G - I agree this is a last resort right now
I have to assume frost is still to small when the season starts and would benefit from another year in the minors. I would think that Laughton has the inside track and then Lehtera knowing that Hacks likes to play him. Weal i am disappointed in, i thought he was going to be a lot better player for us. Hopefully Voro comes into camp and plays head and shoulders above the other three and pushes them to the 4th line.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to assume frost is still to small when the season starts and would benefit from another year in the minors. I would think that Laughton has the inside track and then Lehtera knowing that Hacks likes to play him. Weal i am disappointed in, i thought he was going to be a lot better player for us. Hopefully Voro comes into camp and plays head and shoulders above the other three and pushes them to the 4th line.
We def need to find a solid 4th line, shit even our third line is sketchy at times.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We def need to find a solid 4th line, shit even our third line is sketchy at times.

They've got a lot of pieces to make a good bottom 6. Lindblom and Simmonds on the 3rd line is solid. Laughton and Raffl on the 4th line is also solid. Just need 2 more guys to be solid. Between Vorobyov, Vechione, NAK, Frost, Leier, and Weal I would think they could come up with 2 decent guys. Just gotta get Lehtera out of there.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is right on the money for the last couple of years. This coming season with the addition of Patrick and TK into the top 6 it pushes guys like Simmonds down to the bottom 6 making those lines more solid. Keep your fingers crossed for no injuries. :hope:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got a lot of pieces to make a good bottom 6. Lindblom and Simmonds on the 3rd line is solid. Laughton and Raffl on the 4th line is also solid. Just need 2 more guys to be solid. Between Vorobyov, Vechione, NAK, Frost, Leier, and Weal I would think they could come up with 2 decent guys. Just gotta get Lehtera out of there.
Wrll hoping some new guys work out cuz I'm pretty disappointed in some of the previous help. I'd love to see Vecchione get time abd frost. I hope Leire plays better this year to

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is right on the money for the last couple of years. This coming season with the addition of Patrick and TK into the top 6 it pushes guys like Simmonds down to the bottom 6 making those lines more solid. Keep your fingers crossed for no injuries. :hope:
Health will be a big factor, better 4th line we have then we can balance out playing time between bottom 6.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Brian McLellan clearly blasted still. Tom Wilson, 6 years @ 5.17. Instantly the worst contract in the league.

Metro GMs making Hextall look like a god among mortals.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Brian McLellan clearly blasted still. Tom Wilson, 6 years @ 5.17. Instantly the worst contract in the league.

Metro GMs making Hextall look like a god among mortals.

All for a guy who has a season best of 14 goals and altogether only 35. That's insane. He's going to get suspended repeatedly too and miss a lot of games.

They only have $1 million in cap space this coming season and may have put themselves in cap peril for the following season with a number of RFA's to sign. It's looking a lot like what happened to the Hawks after they won a few Cups.