• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure about it either. He wasn't all that inspiring last season, but I would say he is the most offensively gifted among the candidates (excluding Frost). Assuming Lindblom and Simmonds are the wings, that could be a pretty good group offensively. Weal can generate chances, Lindblom and Simmonds can generate space for Weal and hopefully finish chances he creates. And defensively Lindblom/Simmonds are pretty responsible which could make up for Weal a little bit.

I'd be willing to give it a shot and see what happens.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Brian McLellan clearly blasted still. Tom Wilson, 6 years @ 5.17. Instantly the worst contract in the league.

Metro GMs making Hextall look like a god among mortals.
This is a joke. I guess when you win a cup you go crazy. Although i have to say its not the worst contract in the league until Lehteras contract expires.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a joke. I guess when you win a cup you go crazy. Although i have to say its not the worst contract in the league until Lehteras contract expires.

Touche haha. I would rather have Wilson at 5.1 than Lehtera at 4.7 (from a purely hockey standpoint. I think Wilson is a trash person that pays no regard to his fellow players ability to live life beyond hockey)

Of the guys that played at least 41 games last year, only Marc Staal, Toby Enstrom, and Erik Gudbranson were paid more money per point than Lehtera. $437,000/point last season. (scaled to 82 games played)

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touche haha. I would rather have Wilson at 5.1 than Lehtera at 4.7 (from a purely hockey standpoint. I think Wilson is a trash person that pays no regard to his fellow players ability to live life beyond hockey)

Of the guys that played at least 41 games last year, only Marc Staal, Toby Enstrom, and Erik Gudbranson were paid more money per point than Lehtera. $437,000/point last season. (scaled to 82 games played)

Of course his production in comparison to his salary was going to be terrible. Lehtera was often a top line guy in St. Louis and here he's a 4th line player that hasn't even dressed at times. I'll gladly take Frost and Farabee though in order to eat the final year of his contract here. We have zero cap issues anyway with over $13 million in space remaining with just 2-3 cheap players yet to fill the holes.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line you play on and the opportunities you get offensively are going to greatly impact your end stats. If we bench G for 20 games, play him on the 4th line and take away all power play time, his contract is going to look awful...Lol

Again, this is why B. Schenn had a career year in St. Louis. He was centering Tarasenko and Schwartz on the top line and getting every opportunity to pile up points. Of course, he struggled a bit down the stretch and his team missed the playoffs.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line you play on and the opportunities you get offensively are going to greatly impact your end stats. If we bench G for 20 games, play him on the 4th line and take away all power play time, his contract is going to look awful...Lol

Never said I'd take the trade back. I still think that's an awesome trade.

But 4.7 for a guy that arguably isn't even good enough to crack the roster is a bad contract. (looking at durations i'd rather have lehtera because he's gone in 1 year, but that contract is a terrible value for this season).

And I don't think even putting Lehtera with G and Couturier makes it look much better. Lehtera sucks.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But 4.7 for a guy that arguably isn't even good enough to crack the roster is a bad contract. (looking at durations i'd rather have lehtera because he's gone in 1 year, but that contract is a terrible value for this season).

And I don't think even putting Lehtera with G and Couturier makes it look much better. Lehtera sucks.

Just like anyone else, he would look a lot better alongside better players. I think we shit on him all season, but some of that is undeserved. The guy is not used to playing on the 4th line and appeared to get better as the season progressed.

It's a bad contract the way we're using him, absolutely. It's bad either way, but it helped us get Frost and Farabee, so I will take it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

$437K per point says it all about that contract.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st year alive and she will get to see the Flyers win the cup. That's pretty good.
That would be awesome, especially if it were Flyers vs Av's. Was reading an article said Hagg and Morin and some other dude looked real good? I thought Morin was hurt?