• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it's a toss up for me either way I'd be happy, I'm rootin for Vegas but other than that it's just a Fad lol. I def wont loose sleep over who loses. I'm just hoping we are sitting in this spot next year.
I am hoping the same. It would be nice to still be watching the Flyers for a change. I'd like to see Vegas its just a feel good story of underdogs.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, like I said if it goes 7 with this intensity then it's good for the league in the long run, besides who wants to see any of the NBA repeat?
NBA is a total disaster and hope Lebron crashes into Draymon Green and there both out for the series.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping the same. It would be nice to still be watching the Flyers for a change. I'd like to see Vegas its just a feel good story of underdogs.
You do realize that vegas was the favourite in this series right? Everyone keeps buying the underdog Cinderella story but if anything that's the crapitals. No one thought that they'd be here either after years of falling short. Either way I don't really care who wins but caps fans have suffered like us for a long time and it pisses me off when Bettman is involved in the on ice product. He needs to stay out of it let the teams decide things.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that vegas was the favourite in this series right? Everyone keeps buying the underdog Cinderella story but if anything that's the crapitals. No one thought that they'd be here either after years of falling short. Either way I don't really care who wins but caps fans have suffered like us for a long time and it pisses me off when Bettman is involved in the on ice product. He needs to stay out of it let the teams decide things.
I do realize the the Caps are the favorites in the series as i am a betting man. When i say underdog im referring to the Vegas Knights as a whole season underdog story. Its just a feel good story period.. I've watched Vegas some this season as i buy the NHL package to watch the Flyers and watching them play their game of defense and speed i cant see how you can say Bettman has anything to do with them winning.These bunch of 3rd and fourth liners besides the two first liners you referred to in a previous post have bought into this awesome defensive style of game and played above their ability. Its not Bettman out there scoring and blocking shots and making saves its the Vegas Knights team.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all agree Vegas got a great deal, better than teams past. As a fan it sucks and reminds me of the Penqueers tanking all those yrs. The Vegas product is only a part of Bettman on the contract side, and it is sweet. But the GM and coach still had to put together the team and when they were picking players like England, Bellemare etc nobody saw them coming together this quickly. That is a major credit to that coaching staff, and I've said it before even though it pains me, Fluery has been beyond exceptional this year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all agree Vegas got a great deal, better than teams past. As a fan it sucks and reminds me of the Penqueers tanking all those yrs. The Vegas product is only a part of Bettman on the contract side, and it is sweet. But the GM and coach still had to put together the team and when they were picking players like England, Bellemare etc nobody saw them coming together this quickly. That is a major credit to that coaching staff, and I've said it before even though it pains me, Fluery has been beyond exceptional this year.
Don't forget the GM George McPhee has put together the Vegas team and has 12 players he drafted/traded for signed that plays for Washington.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do realize the the Caps are the favorites in the series as i am a betting man. When i say underdog im referring to the Vegas Knights as a whole season underdog story. Its just a feel good story period.. I've watched Vegas some this season as i buy the NHL package to watch the Flyers and watching them play their game of defense and speed i cant see how you can say Bettman has anything to do with them winning.These bunch of 3rd and fourth liners besides the two first liners you referred to in a previous post have bought into this awesome defensive style of game and played above their ability. Its not Bettman out there scoring and blocking shots and making saves its the Vegas Knights team.
Like Tox said below he did everything in his power to give them a very good team. Also seemed like they were receiving some pretty beneficial calls until they were called out for it after game one. I watched the Winnipeg series and it was brutal biased officiating as they obviously wanted Vegas in over Winnipeg. When you watch this you can't help to look over at Bettman trying to nudge his shiny new toy a bit.

Anyway the point you are missing is that we all expected a typical expansion team but they are simply not shitty like you keep saying. Yes Frenchie is not a 2nd line player but he's a marginal 3rd who becomes a great 4th liner. They have guys like that throughout their lineup like Neil is a top line player playing second line. Their D doesn't have a real weakness they aren't great but are all very good. Especially when the refs let's them clutch grab and crosscheck. Anyway were these guys castoffs yes as teams were only able to protect a few players but these players weren't crap because it was only a limited amount. You can't seem to get your head around this...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Tox said below he did everything in his power to give them a very good team. Also seemed like they were receiving some pretty beneficial calls until they were called out for it after game one. I watched the Winnipeg series and it was brutal biased officiating as they obviously wanted Vegas in over Winnipeg. When you watch this you can't help to look over at Bettman trying to nudge his shiny new toy a bit.

Anyway the point you are missing is that we all expected a typical expansion team but they are simply not shitty like you keep saying. Yes Frenchie is not a 2nd line player but he's a marginal 3rd who becomes a great 4th liner. They have guys like that throughout their lineup like Neil is a top line player playing second line. Their D doesn't have a real weakness they aren't great but are all very good. Especially when the refs let's them clutch grab and crosscheck. Anyway were these guys castoffs yes as teams were only able to protect a few players but these players weren't crap because it was only a limited amount. You can't seem to get your head around this...
Dude what are you talking about? Frenchie being a marginal third line player???? Hes played 309 games and has 50 points with a high of 16 this season if that doesn't have 4th line written all over it i dont know what does. The refs are not helping this team so please stop with that conspiracy theory. These guys are a bunch of castoffs who came together and play great defensive hockey and have a great counter attack and have a great GM. I wish our team was as good as these guys or our team played with as much heart for 60 minutes a night. Yes Bettman likes when the new toy does well but as far as deciding outcomes of games please stop its getting embarrassing at this point.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude what are you talking about? Frenchie being a marginal third line player???? Hes played 309 games and has 50 points with a high of 16 this season if that doesn't have 4th line written all over it i dont know what does. The refs are not helping this team so please stop with that conspiracy theory. These guys are a bunch of castoffs who came together and play great defensive hockey and have a great counter attack and have a great GM. I wish our team was as good as these guys or our team played with as much heart for 60 minutes a night. Yes Bettman likes when the new toy does well but as far as deciding outcomes of games please stop its getting embarrassing at this point.
Frenchie has played third line minutes whether you want to believe it or not and some pretty heavy PK minutes. He is now a very solid 4th liner who knows his role. Is everything about points? Of course not and Vegas knows it. We will simply have to disagree as Vegas lineup is not only based on hard work they aren't flashy superstars but know their roles and are all pretty solid players. I give them more credit than you do. But of course watch reaves and engelland those guys are getting the benefit of being a 007 as until last game they could get away with murder.

Of course Bettman doesn't fix games do you not read? But bet your ass he tells his employees to take it easy on them as their success brings in the dollars. They've managed to get you all hot and bothered...