• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#1 Seed in AFC

NCBengal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy it while it lasts... you know we are incapable of holding on to such good things for too long.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run the simulations in the playoff machine.

It's either win in Denver, or host the Steelers in the playoffs.

The drought may continue my friends.....

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE might be able to figure out how to win again by that time. on the other hand, Gronk doesn't play defense. you can't blame their loss to Philly on the offense. so maybe they are beatable too.

good time to be a bengal fan, win or lose.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The secondary needs to get healthy this week or else the Steeler WR's will be running wild all over the field.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, NE defense only gave up 14 points.

21 points scored on: Blocked Punt, PR TD, INT TD.

And that weird pooch punt/kickoff didn't help matters in terms of field position. What an odd call.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The secondary needs to get healthy this week or else the Steeler WR's will be running wild all over the field.

yep. we lead the NFL in fewest points allowed. we can talk about offensive weapons all we want, but defense gets 'er dun.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. we lead the NFL in fewest points allowed. we can talk about offensive weapons all we want, but defense gets 'er dun.
It has helped that we've played: Browns, Rams, Browns, Texans, and got Pitt last time with Ben just coming back from his injury...

I'm not trying to take anything away from the defense, but against a similar offense in Arizona, they gave up 34 points, and let Carson zip, zip, zip down the field into FG range easily for the win. With Hall's back, Jone's foot, Dennard on IR, and Kirkpatrick the lone healthy (but one of the worst rated CB's in all of the NFL)...the secondary is in for a real rough game, I fear.

It's going to be up to the front 7 to really get pressure on Ben, not allow him to extend plays, and when they have the chance, get him on the ground.

Offensively, their best option is to hope they can run it, use the short passing game, and control the clock. Going to be a real fight. We're going to see what this team can do against a team fighting for it's playoff life. This is as close as you are going to get to a playoff type game in the regular season, and interdivision as well...

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has helped that we've played: Browns, Rams, Browns, Texans, and got Pitt last time with Ben just coming back from his injury...

I'm not trying to take anything away from the defense, but against a similar offense in Arizona, they gave up 34 points, and let Carson zip, zip, zip down the field into FG range easily for the win. With Hall's back, Jone's foot, Dennard on IR, and Kirkpatrick the lone healthy (but one of the worst rated CB's in all of the NFL)...the secondary is in for a real rough game, I fear.

It's going to be up to the front 7 to really get pressure on Ben, not allow him to extend plays, and when they have the chance, get him on the ground.

Offensively, their best option is to hope they can run it, use the short passing game, and control the clock. Going to be a real fight. We're going to see what this team can do against a team fighting for it's playoff life. This is as close as you are going to get to a playoff type game in the regular season, and interdivision as well...

oh we're not the best defense by a long shot, but the defense has a lot to do with our relative success.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last thing we need to do is build up Pittsburgh's confidence though.

that hype train doesn't stall.

bphillips4gg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention the Bengals shit their pants every time they see the Steelers. Just once it's be nice to destroy them. I'd love to see the Bengals nut up and beat them by 30 once in my life.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What defenses are better? I'll give you Denver and Carolina.

Who else is better?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who else is better?
I'm not saying the defense is bad, or even mediocre. They are good. But, you have to admit that they have benefited from playing some absolutely horrific offenses lately. Browns twice, Rams, and Ben is notoriously poor upon returning from injury.

This has helped in terms of scoring defense, where they lead the NFL at 16.3 PPG, but statistically, in overall defense they are ranked 10th allowing 337.6 yards a game, 13th in passing yards, and 9th in rushing yards allowed. Overall, Denver, Carolina, Arizona, Dallas, Houston, NYJ, Tenn and TB all allow fewer yards per game. Now, the end result of course is points allowed, which again they are 1st, but this is where I was pointing to playing against offenses that can't even get out of their own way to score.

I was just point that out, and along with the secondary injury concerns, the matchup this week against Pitt in the passing game, since facing a similar offense in Arizona, the Bengals gave up 30+ points and nearly 400 yards of offense including not being able to stop them from getting into FG range. Really, that drive was way, way too easy for Palmer.

Where the Bengals do excel is pressuring the QB. That will be the key, as I said before. Containing Ben, not allowing broken plays to unfold down field with him escaping the pocket, and when they have the chance to do so, they must bring him down and not allow him to slip out of sacks.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Who else is better?

I think Denver has a truly elite defense. They have 2 top notch corners,2 HOF caliber pass rushers and a good run defense. Everyone else is vulnerable against the wrong opponent. Talentwise Seattle is probably the second best in the league.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt
I think Denver has a truly elite defense. They have 2 top notch corners,2 HOF caliber pass rushers and a good run defense. Everyone else is vulnerable against the wrong opponent. Talentwise Seattle is probably the second best in the league.

I wouldn't disagree with Seattle..... But will mention that Ben shredded them and they have been very vulnerable in the 4th quarter this year, including against us. I'd put us at least third based on the fact that we have an incredible line, an all-pro linebacker when healthy (and he's getting there) and two very good safeties. Our corners can be beat one-on-one, but they're rarely put in bad positions due to the rush.

All that said, Ben could still put up 30+ against us..... The league favors good offense.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pitt

I wouldn't disagree with Seattle..... But will mention that Ben shredded them and they have been very vulnerable in the 4th quarter this year, including against us. I'd put us at least third based on the fact that we have an incredible line, an all-pro linebacker when healthy (and he's getting there) and two very good safeties. Our corners can be beat one-on-one, but they're rarely put in bad positions due to the rush.

All that said, Ben could still put up 30+ against us..... The league favors good offense.

They've definitely had some bad games this year. I think Denver is the best in the NFL by a good margin.Seattle, Carolina, and a few other teams in the league including the Bengals are in a second tier.None of those teams can win week in week out with defense. They're all complemented by a good offense

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our defense is pretty good when it's healthy. the key to the secondary doing well is pressure up front. geno atkins makes all the difference in the world right now. even peko is making sacks and it all starts from there. It would be great to have our secondary in better shape. the less the injured secondary players play Sunday, the better.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacman in a cast and scooter. Declared himself out this week.

Bye bye 1 seed. It was fun while it lasted.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit..... Leon Hall and Dre Kirkpatrick on the outside and Shaw or the other rookie on the inside. Shaw and Hall both have bad backs.

They're going to have to play a bunch of zone and they're going to have to pray that they get a pass rush or that Ben has a bad day.