• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zeke, What's His Value?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait crap i forgot this was a rookie draft, if he takes the 2nd and 7th plus a guy id probably do it, what does he want exactly i didnt read well

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't trade it. But I offered him 2 first and any runningback on the team and he wouldn't even negotiate. He needs Zeke to save his team.

I'm currently trying to trade him for Frank Gore.

A deal around 2 lesser runningbacks and my 1st maybe.

I'm thinking of offering him
#7 Overall
Alfred Morris
Spencer Ware
My 2nd round pick (7th overall in that round)

for
Frank Gore
His 2nd round pick (1st in the round, 11 overall)

I don't know if he'd take it.

His running-backs are Zeke (we assume), Jermey Hill, Alfred Blue and Tallaferro (who is a cutable player honestly)
So my argument is Morris and Ware are as good if not better than Blue. He'll probably draft a runningback number 7 if he takes this deal too.

My runningbacks: McCoy, D Murry, Gio, Karlos Williams, McFadden, Morris, Ware, West, Crowell, Buck Allen.

I may also be drafting DGB for Matt Jones but I need to free a roster space first (this move would help do that )

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't trade it. But I offered him 2 first and any runningback on the team and he wouldn't even negotiate. He needs Zeke to save his team.

I'm currently trying to trade him for Frank Gore.

A deal around 2 lesser runningbacks and my 1st maybe.

I'm thinking of offering him
#7 Overall
Alfred Morris
Spencer Ware
My 2nd round pick (7th overall in that round)

for
Frank Gore
His 2nd round pick (1st in the round, 11 overall)

I don't know if he'd take it.

His running-backs are Zeke (we assume), Jermey Hill, Alfred Blue and Tallaferro (who is a cutable player honestly)
So my argument is Morris and Ware are as good if not better than Blue. He'll probably draft a runningback number 7 if he takes this deal too.

My runningbacks: McCoy, D Murry, Gio, Karlos Williams, McFadden, Morris, Ware, West, Crowell, Buck Allen.

I may also be drafting DGB for Matt Jones but I need to free a roster space first (this move would help do that )
Y make that trade for u.....

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y make that trade for u.....

I figured Gore is an upgrade over both of them and can serve as my 4th RB behind McCoy Murry and Gio.

I'm not sure, I like my runningbacks, but IDK how much each can be trusted. I'll also need to free up roster spaces for rookies and I'm at max RB currently

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u got enough RB's, but sure..its not liek gore isnt ancient

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well isn't Morris up there in years too? Ware is young but he's expendable. I guess I Was figuring Gore would be at least as good as he was last year. Maybe not though.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morris isn't old at all, according the years alive on earth.
He did pile up a shit ton of carries though, so he is up there in RB age.

28yr old
over 1000 carries in first 4 seasons, and he has gotten worse with age.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well isn't Morris up there in years too? Ware is young but he's expendable. I guess I Was figuring Gore would be at least as good as he was last year. Maybe not though.
IMHO gore will be much much better than last year, or do NOTHING,...........no in between

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think that is fair to say about Gore. I guess the real question is, would you want that risk against Ware and Morris ?

I don't love giving up the 7th pick, but I would get 11 (and I would've already drafted at 2) but 7 and 11 are different players imo

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking into Carlos Hyde too (different owner) but not sure what I should offer him

edit: As in, what he is worth. I can't tell with him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not give up that much for Gore. He likely has 1 year left, and you don't need a 4th RB that bad. Morris or Ware + a 3 rounder is fair. Gore's dynasty value is low because this is likely to be his last season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not give up that much for Gore. He likely has 1 year left, and you don't need a 4th RB that bad. Morris or Ware + a 3 rounder is fair. Gore's dynasty value is low because this is likely to be his last season.
True this is likely Gores last year, but I won't except that trade for him. Ware is only marginally useful if Charles goes down, then only as a committe back. Morris may not have a future in the the NFL, except as a backup to give the starter a breather. Gore will be a valuable trade chip for those owners who went heavy WR early in the draft and then realize they are losing because the fring RBs they end up with are worthless and they need a actual starting RB to stay competitive. Personally I'd be comfortable having Gore as my flex player this year, can't say the same for those offered in exchange.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True this is likely Gores last year, but I won't except that trade for him. Ware is only marginally useful if Charles goes down, then only as a committe back. Morris may not have a future in the the NFL, except as a backup to give the starter a breather. Gore will be a valuable trade chip for those owners who went heavy WR early in the draft and then realize they are losing because the fring RBs they end up with are worthless and they need a actual starting RB to stay competitive. Personally I'd be comfortable having Gore as my flex player this year, can't say the same for those offered in exchange.

While I think Gore can be a steady Flex 1 all year the other two could be good Flex 2s at points (we use 2 flex). I also have McFadden and West who I like better which is why I rather trade Ware and Morris

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think Gore can be a steady Flex 1 all year the other two could be good Flex 2s at points (we use 2 flex). I also have McFadden and West who I like better which is why I rather trade Ware and Morris
The only way Ware is worth a flex is if Charles goes down. Even then it's iffy with West competing. If Charles goes down again, you can bet that the Chiefs invest a draft pick on a real RB next year. Gore on the other hand likely has one more hurrah left.
As for Morris, I'd say he's going to be riding the bench except for blow outs, a trade could do wonders for him....maybe. However since McFadden broke his elbow, probably won't happen.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Ware is worth a flex is if Charles goes down. Even then it's iffy with West competing. If Charles goes down again, you can bet that the Chiefs invest a draft pick on a real RB next year. Gore on the other hand likely has one more hurrah left.
As for Morris, I'd say he's going to be riding the bench except for blow outs, a trade could do wonders for him....maybe. However since McFadden broke his elbow, probably won't happen.

Yeah ideally I trade Ware to the Charles owner, even if its just a throw in or me moving up in the draft.

I'm trying to trade Morris but a lot of people aren't to high on him (even though I think he has potential to steal red zone TDs)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:2cents: If you have the bench space, you may want to sit on Morris.

IMHO, rookies who play a full season tend to wear down by week 12. They aren't used to the long grind of a 16-game schedule. DMC may get hurt along the way too, given his history. That may open a need for Morris.

Granted, a lot of dominos have to fall into place for Morris' value to increase. But the scenario is not that far fetched from what we've seen in the past. Plus, anyone making a playoff push may decide to buy high around week 11-12.

In fact if DMC gets hurt in mid-season, Morris' value already starts to climb.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:2cents: If you have the bench space, you may want to sit on Morris.

IMHO, rookies who play a full season tend to wear down by week 12. They aren't used to the long grind of a 16-game schedule. DMC may get hurt along the way too, given his history. That may open a need for Morris.

Granted, a lot of dominos have to fall into place for Morris' value to increase. But the scenario is not that far fetched from what we've seen in the past. Plus, anyone making a playoff push may decide to buy high around week 11-12.

In fact if DMC gets hurt in mid-season, Morris' value already starts to climb.

I am not sure he needs a DMC injury, but he will probably need an Elliot injury. If Elliot went down, I think we could see close to a 50-50 split with Morris getting some early down looks and short yardage, and DMC getting passing game +. I don't think DMC would get more than 12-15 touches, given his age and history.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure he needs a DMC injury, but he will probably need an Elliot injury. If Elliot went down, I think we could see close to a 50-50 split with Morris getting some early down looks and short yardage, and DMC getting passing game +. I don't think DMC would get more than 12-15 touches, given his age and history.
He'd need an Elliot injury, a DMC injury, and a lifetime VIP membership at Biogenesis

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since I have Morris and McFadden I'm trying to move at least one, but the future Zeke owner doesn't to want him.

As far as bench spots go I'm maxed at RB and with rookie draft still to go I'm trying to get rid of a few of them/packaging them up for an upgraded bench player. If I have absolutely have too I'll cut Morris and Ware if I need to, but I'm fairly confident that on draft day, worse case scenario, I can give Ware and my 2nd to move up from 7th in the 2nd round to 3rd in the second round or Morris and the 3rd round maybe (from 7 to 1st - 3 total rounds)

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This deal doesn't accomplish it but since we're talking about young RBs in general. I have two propsed offers from the same owner to send me

Either

Doug Martin OR Tavon Austin and Jay Ajayi for Karlos Williams and my next year 1st. I finished 4th last year and he won the league (I was a higher seed than him in the playoffs but he won his matchup and I lost mine and then lost the consolation game (which I almost rather the better rookie pick ) )

I don't really want to do the Austin/Ajayi deal. I did try to trade him for both of them but in cases where I packaged two for one of them. I don't trust either (I'm a Rams fan) so I rather not do that. But for Doug Martin it may be worth it. I'm not sure if DM is a top 5 or 7 RB like some people think, but I gotta believe he'll be at least a top 10. The owner also has Lamar Miller and David Johnson, but honestly, to me, all those guys are in that same massive second group after Bell/AP/Gurley so I do think DM can finish in the top 5, but not that he deff will. The Bucs are a strange team imo and after an earlier talk for Martin fell apart I started pursing Chris Simms (DM finished 5th in pts last year and Simms did 21st... which I guess can happen again but idk)

I'm not sure how to feel about Karlos Williams, but I do really like that I have him and McCoy as a handcuff.