• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

zajac locked up!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
8 year deal 5.75 per I believe.
Make him the captain

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we have ourselves a top line for a long time. Great cap hit as well considering some team would have broken the bank for him in free agency.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Im stunned by this..I thought for sure he was a gonner after this year.

Guaranteed he gets the captaincy now and it was probably a benefit in the deal from Lou.

Either way great news..lets just hope he can stay healthy

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thank Goodness!

Lou said to TG that he still plans on sticking to his long held belief that he won't negotiate during the season. I guess training camp doesn't count. Clarkson and Elias are a but tougher to figure out though.

Elias could have another great year or age could really, really start to show.

Clarkson might fall back to a 15G scorer. I expect both are of the highest priority once the season ends. Especially Clarkson, Lou loves this guy.

Zajac, except for the one big injury (suffered off ice) played 82G a year for 4 straight seasons. And showed during the playoffs that he can produce at his old level. There's not a ton of question marks here.

Also the salary isn't that big of a jump. he was going to make $4.8 this season anyway.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank Goodness!

Lou said to TG that he still plans on sticking to his long held belief that he won't negotiate during the season. I guess training camp doesn't count. Clarkson and Elias are a but tougher to figure out though.

Elias could have another great year or age could really, really start to show.

Clarkson might fall back to a 15G scorer. I expect both are of the highest priority once the season ends. Especially Clarkson, Lou loves this guy.

Zajac, except for the one big injury (suffered off ice) played 82G a year for 4 straight seasons. And showed during the playoffs that he can produce at his old level. There's not a ton of question marks here.

Also the salary isn't that big of a jump. he was going to make $4.8 this season anyway.

I'm ok with holding off on Elias and Clarkson. See what those two do before we decide their value. I think Elias stays for a severe discount seeing as he's already made quite a bit and seems to be a lifer, Clarkson will be looking to justify a big contract this season.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like the signing except for the NTC.
Surprising news to me. A bit un-Devil like.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Courtesy of the main board.

Last edited by a moderator:

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this signing!! I thought for sure we would be having another Parise thing happen with Travis, Clarkson needs to prove last season was in fact a breakout season and not a lucky season and Elias, well he ain't going anywhere

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great day to be a devil fan... According to some sources, they had been talking to him, but couldnt do the deal until the lockout ended.... so they must of had this a go for some time... glad it worked out.... On to the season...

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Leafs just signed Lupul to a new contract.. I think it's funny that people are in love with his contract while saying the Devils overpaid for Zajac, they clearly don't watch the Devils play at all!! Cuz Zajac is twice the player Lupul is

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Leafs just signed Lupul to a new contract.. I think it's funny that people are in love with his contract while saying the Devils overpaid for Zajac, they clearly don't watch the Devils play at all!! Cuz Zajac is twice the player Lupul is

Well if all you know is stats....

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad that all anyone looks at is stats... I've had people say how can they give a third line player almost 6 million dollars a season.... I damn near lost it