• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zack Greinke to AZ

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great signing Dbacks. Now it is time to pull the trigger on Shelby Miller. AJ Pollock will be the price tag.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring back Upton while you are at it!

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ain't happening. Pollock is damn near untouchable.
Yeah, I believe it. I read the Braves contacted the Dbacks several times about a Pollock deal... The Dbacks were supposedly interested in Miller, but were not swayed by any of the packages the Braves put together.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I believe it. I read the Braves contacted the Dbacks several times about a Pollock deal... The Dbacks were supposedly interested in Miller, but were not swayed by any of the packages the Braves put together.

I'd be okay with trading for Miller if they lowered their asking price. We have a lot of good pitching prospects and some good OF depth along with quality IF's.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pollock is likely to get extended. But since he is only 3 years from being a FA, he might just want to stick to his arbitration years. The Dbacks could just extend him through his arb to get cost certainty, but I doubt they do it without a year or two of his FA years.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be okay with trading for Miller if they lowered their asking price. We have a lot of good pitching prospects and some good OF depth along with quality IF's.

Tomas + Bradley is about all I would part with for 3 years of Miller.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomas + Bradley is about all I would part with for 3 years of Miller.

Is that with them eating the contract of Tomas? If so that'd be a steal for us.

I think something like Owings, Bradley & Brito/O'Brein is what it would take.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that with them eating the contract of Tomas? If so that'd be a steal for us.

I think something like Owings, Bradley & Brito/O'Brein is what it would take.
If I were the Braves I would say no to that in a second.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe it. He's the obvious ace. Corbin as a #2 guy sounds good. After that, I really think they have work to do. Hoping they bring in a proven guy to add to the rotation.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also am amazed the team signed Greinke. It was incredible news. Biggest free agent signing since Randy Johnson. I wonder what else the team is going to do. Maybe they have other moves they are working on that will surprise everybody just like they did with Greinke. The craziest thing was they were never linked to Greinke until a couple hours or so before it was announced they signed him.

Also, I am against trading Pollock. He batted .315, had 20 HR, 76 RBI, 111 R, 192 Hits, 39 Doubles, 6 Triples, 39 Stolen Bases, and only struck out 89 times in 609 at-bats. Plus he just turned 28. Oh yeah, he also just won the gold glove in center field. If he was a free agent right now, he might be the most sought after position player on the market. His numbers beat Heyward's across the board by a good margin and some people expect Heyward to get 200 million. In addition, Pollock beats out Cespedes' numbers in a lot of categories too except for HR, RBI, and doubles (by only three).

Trading Pollock when he is under control for at least three more seasons would be insane. The guy is an all star and a fan favorite. No way they should trade him. The players I would look to trade are any of the infielders besides Goldschmidt and some of the young pitchers besides Ray and Bradley. There is just something about Bradley that I think oozes leadership. When he had that scary injury, he came back from the hospital that same night and was in the clubhouse giving interviews after the game. I think he can be a top of the rotation ace and I am not interested in trading him.