• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yzerman said it may be a quiet day

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yzerman said it may be a quiet day for the lightning today with FA starting is he bluffing or for real we need a defenseman and a center now I don't care were it comes from trade or FA but these 2 needs have to be filled.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Yzerman making a trade to improve our defense and then acquiring a # 2 center via FA. This is what i'm hoping for, we acquire Edler, that will leave us with about $3.5 mill of cap space. Buyout Malone so that gives you $8 mill of cap space which gives you the ability to take a run at Weiss, Fippula or Bozak.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Yzerman making a trade to improve our defense and then acquiring a # 2 center via FA. This is what i'm hoping for, we acquire Edler, that will leave us with about $3.5 mill of cap space. Buyout Malone so that gives you $8 mill of cap space which gives you the ability to take a run at Weiss, Fippula or Bozak.
I agree I see Yzerman doing some things this offseason I really think a trade for a defenseman is coming. Because if we are picking in the top 3 in the draft next year then we might have a new GM making that pick. Now if we are picking 12th or 13 in the draft next year and miss the playoffs but get close then vinik might say well we improved I will give yzerman one more year. Do you guys think Yzerman is on the hot seat this year ? Alex Edler would be a great pick up what about Purcell and Connolly for Alex Edler ? Buyout Malone and sign Fippula or keep Malone for one more season.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when I heard about this Edler rumor I thought well Purcell makes sense for them but he really doesn't because they are trying to dump salary and adding Purcell's $4.5 cap hit doesn't really accomplish that and even more so when you combine that to Connolly's $1.6 cap hit, at that rate the Canucks would be adding salary and not dumping it. If they trade Edler to us it will most likely feature prospects and picks unless they fancy adding a bottom 6 center which they do need, so Thompson or Pyatt could be an option although I don't see the bolts trading Thompson after just re-signing him but Pyatt is a possibility.

As for Yzerman I do believe he's on the hot seat but I don't think he deserves to be on the hot seat but i'm not Mr. Vinik who no doubt is looking for better results. Personally I really like what Yzerman is doing, I trust him. This was always a rebuilding process from day 1, I think people overlooked that because of the 2010-2011 season but that was clearly an overachievement. If I were Mr. Vinik, I'd stand by Stevie Y, he's doing a very good job, he just needs a bit more time and the results will show.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when I heard about this Edler rumor I thought well Purcell makes sense for them but he really doesn't because they are trying to dump salary and adding Purcell's $4.5 cap hit doesn't really accomplish that and even more so when you combine that to Connolly's $1.6 cap hit, at that rate the Canucks would be adding salary and not dumping it. If they trade Edler to us it will most likely feature prospects and picks unless they fancy adding a bottom 6 center which they do need, so Thompson or Pyatt could be an option although I don't see the bolts trading Thompson after just re-signing him but Pyatt is a possibility.

As for Yzerman I do believe he's on the hot seat but I don't think he deserves to be on the hot seat but i'm not Mr. Vinik who no doubt is looking for better results. Personally I really like what Yzerman is doing, I trust him. This was always a rebuilding process from day 1, I think people overlooked that because of the 2010-2011 season but that was clearly an overachievement. If I were Mr. Vinik, I'd stand by Stevie Y, he's doing a very good job, he just needs a bit more time and the results will show.
Ya it's a shame Yzerman really needs two more years and I think he will have this team on the right track. Really his only mistake was the matt carle signing which just did not work out like he hoped it would. But If i'm Mr Vinik I think this season needs to show some improvement like pushing for a playoff spot. This team has missed the playoffs 5 out of 6 years yzerman missing the playoffs 3 years in a row with a top ten payroll will not be good for him! It's crazy because if yzerman gets canned he has really set the next gm up much better the Lawton set him up. I say keep yzerman but I'm not vinik writing the checks that's his call.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Bozak but if he's looking for $5mill then that's too expensive. We need a # 2 Center, Ribero has signed with Phoenix, reports say Weiss is close with Detroit and reports say Grabovski is close with Washington. Who is it Bozak? Fippula? Roy? Antropov? Cullen? perhaps Yzerman acquires a # 2 Center via trade, we shall see but the FA market is shrinking quickly.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bozak gets 5yr $21mill, personally I would of liked Bozak I think he's underrated and is somewhat overcritizied. I think he was the best Center on the market and he only gets over $4mill per so based of market value, Weiss and Fippula should get under $4mill per somewhere between $3.5 - 4 mill per, both would be a good signing at that price if we can get them at that price. If we can get Weiss or Fippula for 3 possibly 4 years at $3.75 per, I would be happy.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weiss gets a 5yr deal $4.9 per, a bit expensive in my opinion. Bozak's off the board as is Weiss, Ribero, Cullen and reports suggest Roy is close with the Sens and Caps. If that happens you are only talking about Fippula, Grabovski and Antropov left on the market. If Yzerman doesn't not get Fippula, I believe he may look to acquire a # 2 center via a trade.