• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Unpopular Fantasy Opinions

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just right.

If you get two points a carry/reception/completion and 1 point per yard rushing/receiving/passing.

vultures are one reason why i like first downs though... it is actually something to be mentioned that a player can consistently get positive yardage when a team needs it...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big rush on fullbacks?

if they are valuable why not???

But seriously, first downs in fantasy football IMO measures efficiency... and i think this is just as important as anything else...

The thing that is hardest to measure, sometimes a 1 yard play is just as important and big as a 20 yard play...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This more just a stupid guide I've followed - avoid having the same players on multiple fantasy teams. Drove me to take Gurley in MBBRL rather than DJ since I had him in suicide. Think I need to change my thinking. ....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This more just a stupid guide I've followed - avoid having the same players on multiple fantasy teams. Drove me to take Gurley in MBBRL rather than DJ since I had him in suicide. Think I need to change my thinking. ....

not sure if that is unpopular... i actually here people recommend diversification... you just picked Gurley, and that was the wrong pick, at least in hindsight...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they are valuable why not???

But seriously, first downs in fantasy football IMO measures efficiency... and i think this is just as important as anything else...

The thing that is hardest to measure, sometimes a 1 yard play is just as important and big as a 20 yard play...
I'm not following.

1 yard is seldom as important as 20. Second and 1, go deep. 1 yard is a first down, but so is 20. If it's first downs were looking for, that 20 yarder is going to be a first 99.8% of the time.

Mike Evans leads the league in first downs by 13. But is 5th in yards and 3rd in TDs.

I could see a point per first down being an option In a league with huge scores. Like the league Im referencing. Where 1200 will seldom win you a matchup. But not in something like standard scoring where 150 points is a crazy week.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took Gurley second instead of Johnson, because I had him already.

The guy who took DJ 8th, is gonna make some money because I did that.

I've tried to tell myself not to let other leagues alter how I draft, but I constantly do that stuff and regret it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not following.

1 yard is seldom as important as 20. Second and 1, go deep. 1 yard is a first down, but so is 20. If it's first downs were looking for, that 20 yarder is going to be a first 99.8% of the time.

Mike Evans leads the league in first downs by 13. But is 5th in yards and 3rd in TDs.

I could see a point per first down being an option In a league with huge scores. Like the league Im referencing. Where 1200 will seldom win you a matchup. But not in something like standard scoring where 150 points is a crazy week.

My bad... what i mean is when a team NEEDS short yardage for a first down, they generally do a play that will get them those yardages, so the play is designed to get short yardage...

kind of off topic, but still on, i do wonder on what down those big plays generally happen...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad... what i mean is when a team NEEDS short yardage for a first down, they generally do a play that will get them those yardages, so the play is designed to get short yardage...

kind of off topic, but still on, i do wonder on what down those big plays generally happen...
I think second and short leads to more big plays than any other situation. You still have third to fall back on to get a first. Atleast that's what I assume, not sure how to search for that tbh.

I do agree with you that there is value in a player who excels in important situations. Boldin has been that type of player for the Lions this year. I'm not sure what percentage of his receptions are on third or in the Redzone. But it has to be substantial. (He's only third on the team in first downs though. Surprised Jones has a couple more.)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think second and short leads to more big plays than any other situation. You still have third to fall back on to get a first. Atleast that's what I assume, not sure how to search for that tbh.

I do agree with you that there is value in a player who excels in important situations. Boldin has been that type of player for the Lions this year. I'm not sure what percentage of his receptions are on third or in the Redzone. But it has to be substantial. (He's only third on the team in first downs though. Surprised Jones has a couple more.)

I would normally care more about first down % but this is fantasy, counting stats rule...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would normally care more about first down % but this is fantasy, counting stats rule...
This has nothing to do with what you just said, but I'm gonna say it anyway...

Atlanta leads the league with nearly 8 yards per first down attempt. Nearly a half yard ahead of the second place team..... The Bears.

Would not have thought that.

FirstDown/TD % would be an interesting stat. But you're right, counting stars are where it's at for football.

Until you invent Football Roto.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do with what you just said, but I'm gonna say it anyway...

Atlanta leads the league with nearly 8 yards per first down attempt. Nearly a half yard ahead of the second place team..... The Bears.

Would not have thought that.

FirstDown/TD % would be an interesting stat. But you're right, counting stars are where it's at for football.

Until you invent Football Roto.

i tried to start a roto league here... no biters... or at least not enough biters...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i tried to start a roto league here... no biters... or at least not enough biters...
Give it time...

(I still have a hard time with baseball roto because doubles don't factor. And I often value them
More than homers. Often, not always.)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it time...

(I still have a hard time with baseball roto because doubles don't factor. And I often value them
More than homers. Often, not always.)

I think roto is the best still... But i don't think the standard roto is the ideal....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have permission to view this page or perform this function.

What does that mean?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not talking about the number of categories, if it was up to me there would be different categories...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only when I try to quote @TREFF

Weird.

The Paper Football League works on one point per yard. Of anything. Excluding returns. We did that for I think two weeks and then retroactively changed it.

It's rather high scoring. Lol

And IDP too boot. (Team QBs and Kickers as well)