• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

According to this board, our team cannot get a top tier QB ... EVER!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear me out...

If the season ended right now this team would be selecting 6th, with the top three QB's in this draft being Willis, Corral and Pickett. The QB needy teams in front of our selection are; the Lions, Texans and Philadelphia, with Washington selecting 6th and the Giants at 7th.

Now according to everything that I'm reading here there are some who are unwilling to pay a heavy price to move up in order to secure one of these guys. For the record, I have them all rated as mid 1st rounders but that's my issue. All three will likely go 1-3-5 in the draft. The giants and or Washington would have to trade with the Jets at the #2 position, each moving from 6th or 7th respectively (Giants at 7th and also likely ready to drive up the cost to move up.)

So, based on posts here, we shouldn't trade up and we also can't afford to trade directly with another team UNLESS that team is willing to part with a tradeable asset at our price. This price is usually lower than most here would accept in trade if the asset belonged to Washington and they wanted compensation. The whole Walmart for you when we get your player and Neiman Marcus for us if you want ours is Interesting huh?

Remember the goal is to get a top tier** guy in the NFL meaning 1-11 (more on this later) from a weak class and we won't get one of the best of the bunch or a guy through trade because we don't want to, "mortgage the future," "spend too much to move up, " or offer proper compensation for a free agent. So now what? someone mentioned drafting one, Ok, so let's do that, but remember you're drafting 6th and that's, if all holds, leaves you with guys like Desmond Ridder, Sam Howell, and Spencer Rattler at selection 6. Well, good luck with that over-drafted dude! (again, my issue and a whole lot of others who evaluate them)

(**Top Tier based upon what OC Turner desires... "offensive coordinator Scott Turner has a broad outlook on what scheme Washington runs. While his background is rich in “Air Coryell” history, he believes in tailoring his offense to the players at his disposal. As a result, there are multiple traditional schemes layered into his offense. Yet, he’s also spoken about finding a quarterback who plays with decision-making and accuracy while being able to drive the ball downfield.")

So, if Ron Rivera is honest about not being overly impressed with this QB draft class, and QB is at the top of his list to get, this team against the wishes of this board they will either have to trade assets for this Burrows, Allen, Herbert type , (listed here only because they are all young like the) or move up, also by also trading assets against the wishes of this board.

That leaves two other ways to do this, one is free agency, (that's out according to some here too) the other requires luck, magic, or both considering today's game and the members of this board who often offer opinions about getting "that guy."

So, remember before you attempt to make this about what the actual team would/ should/ could do, the subject is what this board can NEVER get. .

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JP has been beating the Watson drum all week. It's nice to finally hear someone in the local media say what I've been saying.

Only thing is, I live in Houston and all the talk down here is Watson will only waive his no trade clause to go to the Dolphins.

Ben got what four games for much more serious accusations. I understand the cancel culture of today. Watson may get eight at the most if anything at all. Still no criminal charges have been filed. This is all civil and came out as soon as he demanded a trade.

Right now Walter Football has us picking Pickett at 40. We all know the QBs fly up the board as the draft nears.

If we wait for Watson to be cleared, then everyone will be in on the sweepstakes and the price will go way up and more attractive destinations for Watson will become available.

Russ ain't coming.

I keep hearing Rodgers wants to go to Denver.

To be honest @Stymietee we might be screwed.

The only way I see us getting our guy is to get lucky and hit on a draft pick where the QB exceeds all expectations and kills it.

Rodgers chooses SF and maybe Kyle throws Lance our way. Highly doubtful.

Signing Matt Ryan will probably get us into the playoffs and most certainly take us out of the running for Bryce Young or Grayson McCall in 23.

I just don't see any top tier guy choosing us.

1. Make Houston an offer they can't refuse and get Watson on the phone with Rivera.

2. Hope you find a gem in the 22 draft. (Ideal situation)

3. The Lance Longshot or Matt Ryan who would probably get hurt behind this o line, especially if Scherff is gone.

Sure would have been nice to hit on RG3, sign Cousins, or hit on Haskins.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I dont buy the RR nonsense
2ndly you need to look at Carson Strong
3rdly you can’t give up the asking price for a serial sex abusers who aren’t cleared
And what is DW , a 28-25 guy as a starter who franchised his team to 4-12

I see Howell as a rounder , Ridder as a 4th to 7th and Rattler as a UDRFA . He won’t come out

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youd be better off trading for an established guy imo. Im not paying a premium for any of the top 3 QBs in this draft

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually becoming of the mindset with all the shit the NFL and Dan have done or are not doing I don't care if they bring in Al Capone.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually becoming of the mindset with all the shit the NFL and Dan have done or are not doing I don't care if they bring in Al Capone.

We know Al can shoot but can he throw? I'm becoming of the mindset that the NFL is trying to become one big soap opera for entertainment purposes only when it use to be real football staring the best players on the planet.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see qb issues i see lack of WEAPON issues ..

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see qb issues i see lack of WEAPON issues ..
One of my favorite quotes from the movie My Cousin Vinny applies here.

" Don't you think that it's time for some new glasses?":D

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have an issue with trading up far as a trade goes. That said, the FO needs to A) stop over-sweetening the pot or B) not get bent over like they're a prima ballerina looking for a soldier wearin a helmet.

As far as Watson goes. I was originally on-board with doing whatever it takes to sign him. And far as the I don't wanna root for a perv or predator or whatever one thinks Watson is. You root for a team owned by Daniel Snyder. Your righteous indignation went on permanent vacation a long time ago. But the draft capital it would cost to acquire him, his extensive injury history and the Skins track record on high risk\ low reward probability trades has made me gunshy as time has went on.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have an issue with trading up far as a trade goes. That said, the FO needs to A) stop over-sweetening the pot or B) not get bent over like they're a prima ballerina looking for a soldier wearin a helmet.

As far as Watson goes. I was originally on-board with doing whatever it takes to sign him. And far as the I don't wanna root for a perv or predator or whatever one thinks Watson is. You root for a team owned by Daniel Snyder. Your righteous indignation went on permanent vacation a long time ago. But the draft capital it would cost to acquire him, his extensive injury history and the Skins track record on high risk\ low reward probability trades has made me gunshy as time has went on.
I do appreciate the honesty, it's refreshing, thank you!:suds:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not certain any team has to give a haul for Watson. With his issues, and regardless of whether he moves past them, the stigma of who he is will stay with him and I don't believe any organization will want him to be part of that. You think the PC crowd has been hovering for years around Ashburn, wait until you sign a sexual predator.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go after Ruggs , he just got released for DWI ?

As for the PC crowd you can’t sign a sex predator so you can win games

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go after Ruggs , he just got released for DWI ?

As for the PC crowd you can’t sign a sex predator so you can win games
I get the sarcasm about Ruggs (someone actually was killed in that situation)

However...

Isn't this PC?...

"As for the PC crowd you can’t sign a sex predator so you can win games"

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not certain any team has to give a haul for Watson. With his issues, and regardless of whether he moves past them, the stigma of who he is will stay with him and I don't believe any organization will want him to be part of that. You think the PC crowd has been hovering for years around Ashburn, wait until you sign a sexual predator.
So a pimp can't sign a deviant? It really is hard for a pimp huh.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a pimp can't sign a deviant? It really is hard for a pimp huh.
Name the player and there's dirt somewhere, name the owner, same thing, but people want fantasy and not real humans. Players/owners are flawed people, like the rest of us, who are under a microscope and needs the protection that come from being associated with a multi-billion dollar industry and a sometime complicit media. Of course there are going to be stories the even the mighty NFL won't be able to wash away, then again, there have been accusations of of some of the membership being connected to homicide, actual homicides, r*pe, assault, DUI, and a host of other legal and social infractions that didn't stop players from playing and owners from owning.

Everyone knows that old saying... "The show must go on,!" and the NFL is one of the longest running reality shows on the planet. It will remain that way despite the feigned or rare actual outrage of the masses when such infractions occur. Truth is... it's not outrage or bad PR for the offending entity, it's mostly judgements and finger pointing because that makes people feel better about their equally messed up lives. We can also talk about the who did it, versus, who else did it thing, that also mimics the greater society as your post suggest (pimp vs deviant) and why one is a bad PR move while the other gets a general pass.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning cures a lot of things in this world, that said...

(In my best Chris Rock voice) "I feel bad for Deshawn Watson, 'cause now after every TD, somebody is going to say... How about that TD pass, he hit the tight end in the perfect spot... that's number 24" (etc. etc. etc) :crazy::nono::ohwell: