• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your thoughts on Hester.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's overpaid for a special teamer. I loved every 1 of his return TDs albeit Punts, Kickoff return, or missed FG return. He also made some spectacular catches & big plays as WR ( unfortunately He couldn't' make the routine play enough ).
Just my opinion I think he's getting more & more afraid of contact. Which doesn't make him the same returner we once saw. I can easily see him being a camp cut, though DeCamillas seems to love him.
Just would like your thoughts . Is he our opening day returner?
I'm really not sure.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the Bears mod. Can you delete 2 of the Hester posts before anyone replies? Don't know how it happened , but wasn't intended for 3 posts for the thread.
:doh:

brian mclaren

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love hester i own his jersey i hope the bears let him play his contract out and then pay him as a return guy

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love hester i own his jersey i hope the bears let him play his contract out and then pay him as a return guy
With his reduced role. Do you think the Bears say , well your not doing as much as in the past . We can give you a spot , if you agree to a pay cut. I think that's what it will come down to.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the Hester magic he had at the start of his career is now gone.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the contract killed hester the returner. He was gonna get a 10 million dollar bonus his final year of the contract if he became a top ten receiver. That was basically it, 30 million for 4 years, with 10 million bonus if he reached receiving prowess. So of course he stayed away from contact on punt returns, they paid him to be a receiver. They should have offered him a bonus for each return touchdown and he might have 8 more by now. I think we see big things from him this year. He did show better hands catching passes, but what are you gonna do when Jay is making him leave his feet to make catches? no speed when his feet are off the ground, the play has to be made in stride. He will run back a few this year, he is working on getting a deal next year.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most people have forgot about him, expect Bears fans and even you guys seem to think he's done.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Urlacher is gone, my favorite Bear is Hester. As long he's a Bear I'm ok on what he makes. Yets not forget kickoff was move to hurt the kick return game. Now that he's 100% on the return team, we can see the Bears getting great field position.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's overpaid for a special teamer. I loved every 1 of his return TDs albeit Punts, Kickoff return, or missed FG return. He also made some spectacular catches & big plays as WR ( unfortunately He couldn't' make the routine play enough ).
Just my opinion I think he's getting more & more afraid of contact. Which doesn't make him the same returner we once saw. I can easily see him being a camp cut, though DeCamillas seems to love him.
Just would like your thoughts . Is he our opening day returner?
I'm really not sure.

I agree he is one dimensional and since many teams will kick it away from him if he gets hot... what else does he have to offer outside special teams? He is way over compensated and unless his receiving game improves dramatically, his value as a special teamer is limited to those teams dumb enough to kick to him.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His money's actually not that terrible. He doesn't have the hands to be anything but a third or fourth receiver you try to sneak behind a receiver, though, and per rotoworld he may not even win the returner spot. I think if he doesn't start at returner you cut him.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hester should have never been put as an outside WR. not enough height, and has a hard time catching the deep ball. He should have been used sparingly at the slot, and still could be, ala Dante Hall. Similiar size, speed and skill type player, but not a #1 receiver. If he dedicates himself to the return game again, i think he worth the money. He can still be a game changer.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the Hester magic he had at the start of his career is now gone.
I agree, his magic has diminished. But I don't think he's done. I was really concerned about his contract. I don't pretend to be a contract guru, but it's been pointed out most of his contract was incentive based @ the WR position. Which now makes me take a change of face.
I think he makes the team. I just thought his cut , might bring a FA O-lineman, or CB or other position player to help the team.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be fine, now that there's no pressure to be a starting WR.

I expect him to widen that margin on the record.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the contract killed hester the returner. He was gonna get a 10 million dollar bonus his final year of the contract if he became a top ten receiver. That was basically it, 30 million for 4 years, with 10 million bonus if he reached receiving prowess. So of course he stayed away from contact on punt returns, they paid him to be a receiver. They should have offered him a bonus for each return touchdown and he might have 8 more by now. I think we see big things from him this year. He did show better hands catching passes, but what are you gonna do when Jay is making him leave his feet to make catches? no speed when his feet are off the ground, the play has to be made in stride. He will run back a few this year, he is working on getting a deal next year.
I don't like to take sides on players of my favorite team. But Jay & Hester never hit it off. I put most of it on Hester's route running. Couldn't figure out how to beat press coverage (could a had something to do with Drake too). But a QB & WR have to have some chemistry among them.Which they never had.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most people have forgot about him, expect Bears fans and even you guys seem to think he's done.
But most teams still kick away from him, explain that.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Urlacher is gone, my favorite Bear is Hester. As long he's a Bear I'm ok on what he makes. Yets not forget kickoff was move to hurt the kick return game. Now that he's 100% on the return team, we can see the Bears getting great field position.
The Bears have been getting great field position since he put on a Bears jersey. Just hope he makes better decisions near the goal line.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he is one dimensional and since many teams will kick it away from him if he gets hot... what else does he have to offer outside special teams? He is way over compensated and unless his receiving game improves dramatically, his value as a special teamer is limited to those teams dumb enough to kick to him.
It's funny how many actually have the balls to kick to him. Just seems like a test for the opposition STs. The mind set is if we can stop this guy, we can stop anyone. Alot of egos in the NFL.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If her under performs, this could be his last year... Hope he and Jay can make a good connection.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I never understood is how he was so hard to catch after a kick but as a WR he could not escape and get extra yards after the catch.