• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You have classy fans

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not questioning your move, but I'm always curious as to why someone would possibly want to live on the East Coast when they lived in Arizona.

Certainly a big change in just about every way. But after 44 years in NYC I'm looking at heading to Florida in the next 5 or 6 to play out the string and fish a lot more. It's quite a difference. Up here I don't even have a car, down there I drive everywhere. Probably just my age and change in tastes. There was a time you couldn't beat me out of NYC with a stick.
Heard some great things about Arizona but doesn't seem like a great fishin spot.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I always laugh when Philly fans act like Phoenix is a "dump" and they live in some urban paradise.

There's a reason so many people move here. As a visiting fan, I really liked Chicago. They were insanely into their sports and most of them were pretty classy about you being there. I suppose it also helped I wasn't a fan of the Red Wings or Packers too.

I have a close friend that lives in Chandler. His whole family moved down to AZ. I am planning another trip down there. Love thearea.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly a big change in just about every way. But after 44 years in NYC I'm looking at heading to Florida in the next 5 or 6 to play out the string and fish a lot more. It's quite a difference. Up here I don't even have a car, down there I drive everywhere. Probably just my age and change in tastes. There was a time you couldn't beat me out of NYC with a stick.
Heard some great things about Arizona but doesn't seem like a great fishin spot.

I'm not a big fisherman so I really couldn't speak to that. I am a big golfer and you can't beat AZ when it comes to golf. The nice thing about Phoenix, is you are literally within a 45 min flight or 5 hour drive to virtually everything you want.

If you like the mountains, skiing, hiking, etc. and cooler weather take a 2 hour drive to Flagstaff.
If you like the ocean take a 4.5 hour drive to San Diego.
If you like gambling, shows, etc. take a 4 hour drive to Vegas.
If you like Cougars take a cab to Scottsdale.
If you want out of the country for whatever reason, take a 3 hour drive to Mexico.
If you want to visit one of the shittiest cities in America, take a 2 hour drive to Tucson. :yahoo:

The opportunities are endless.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I moved their from the Bay Area to attend ASU in the early 90's with the intention of going back to Cali. I still I've in Phoenix and have no desire to leave.

Where did you live in the Bay Area? You did the right thing. The housing prices and cost of living there are beyond crazy now. My friend from AZ tells me that prices are still reasonable.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you live in the Bay Area? You did the right thing. The housing prices and cost of living there are beyond crazy now. My friend from AZ tells me that prices are still reasonable.

You aren't joking about housing prices. I have a cousin that sold her house because they got an offer for twice the estimated value. Two years later they are still renting because they get out bid on everything.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

East bay. A city called Danville. The home prices are crazy there.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't joking about housing prices. I have a cousin that sold her house because they got an offer for twice the estimated value. Two years later they are still renting because they get out bid on everything.

In the SF region, you could pay up to $3,000 per month for a small apartment.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East bay. A city called Danville. The home prices are crazy there.

Danville is land of wealth now. You probably couldn't find anything there less than #1.5 million and that would probably be a shack.

I am planning to head to Arizona this summer to visit my long time buddy. Should be fun. He lives in Chandler which is a real nice area. Probably head over to Sun City to see his folks. I will always remember that place. Everyone had their golf carts parked in their front driveway and we would cruise around the neighborhood in a golf cart.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danville is land of wealth now. You probably couldn't find anything there less than #1.5 million and that would probably be a shack.

I am planning to head to Arizona this summer to visit my long time buddy. Should be fun. He lives in Chandler which is a real nice area. Probably head over to Sun City to see his folks. I will always remember that place. Everyone had their golf carts parked in their front driveway and we would cruise around the neighborhood in a golf cart.

You have to be 62 years old to live there. It is a nice retirement community.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I think bringing my client down to the Chiefs-Cards game may have backfired on me. I think all I did was gain you a new fan. He had such a blast at the game (his first NFL game ever) that he bought a ton of Cards merchandise and today he told me he bought tickets for the Seahawks-Cards game on Sunday and is flying down again.

If he enjoyed KC-Zona he's going to frekin' love this weekend's game. It should be electric in Phoenix all weekend.

Good luck Cards, but not too much luck. :)

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I think bringing my client down to the Chiefs-Cards game may have backfired on me. I think all I did was gain you a new fan. He had such a blast at the game (his first NFL game ever) that he bought a ton of Cards merchandise and today he told me he bought tickets for the Seahawks-Cards game on Sunday and is flying down again.

If he enjoyed KC-Zona he's going to frekin' love this weekend's game. It should be electric in Phoenix all weekend.

Good luck Cards, but not too much luck. :)

Much appreciated. Feel free to bring us an many fans as you like. We will welcome them with open arms.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought a client down to Phoenix last weekend and we took in the KC-Cards game. It was a blast. Nice stadium, and good people. I decided to rep my Hawks by wearing my Lynch jersey (I think I had the only blue jersey in that whole stadium) and not one person hassled me. Had a few good natured ribbings, but it was fine. The guy who sat behind me was funny, when he sat down he grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me and said "Oh man, I gotta look at this shit all game?" Good guy though. Well done Arizona, I'd recommend anyone to go see a game there.
Cardinals fans are good sports and a lot like Packers fans. Being a Cowboys fan I must admit we Texans seem a bit arrogant but we are also very knowledgeable.