• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

yossarian

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yoss,
I know you are up here is Seattle as well and I wanted to get your opinion. It seems to me that the Seahawks fans and local media are trying to hold it together but are ready to go in full panic mode if the Hawks lose to the Rams next Sunday; it seems like the city is holding its collective breath seeing what happens this week. What are your impressions? It may just be my co-workers as I have been so underwater I have not talked to any other Hawks fans.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that you asked for my feedback but..............

I live about 30 minutes South of Seattle my Wife's family is all Hawk Fans and they were hoping and praying for the Niners to lose on Monday Night to take the pressure off them this weekend. Listening to the local Sports radio talking heads from time to time they are still confident they will take care of business against the Rams who have nothing really to play for other then spoiling the Hawks season. There is definitely some concern with the Hawks offense the past few weeks however.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will beat the Rams. I don't think the pressure will get to Wilson and he will play well enough to win. I think the Seahawks fans in general are pretty insecure (hence the constant overreaction and overcompensation to everything) so I could easily see them sweating it.

That being said, I don't think that the Hawks are as scary as I did earlier in the year if we play them up there. Winning up there (especially in the post season) is a tall order because their home field is advantage is pretty good, but I feel like at this point in the season the 49ers are the better team. If they can eliminate the clock management I feel confident.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Blood Type, I think their faith has been shaken a little bit, but they're still confident they'll beat the Rams, then it will be back to the usual Super Bowl talk. However, I notice other doubts creeping in -- they're talking about teams they don't want to face at home and the 49ers are always top of the list, they are starting to remember that the game was actually 5-0 at the half and acknowledge that Kaepernick didn't have Crabtree and the 49ers are playing better, they are concerned about the offense and are wondering if teams have figured them out a little. Will be really interesting if they lose to the Rams, all the wheels will come off. I also don't know what it is about Seahawk fans and media -- they're obsessed with the 49ers and Harbaugh in a way the 49ers are not, and when the Seahawks sucked it was way overboard too, and now that they're winning and still (I think for the moment), the best team in football, it's entirely the other way. What I thought was funny was that apparently in all the Seahawk close victories over inferior teams (Houston, Rams, TB) "there are no style points given in the NFL", then once they lose a close game to the 49ers there are style points in a loss. Go figure.