• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yom Kippur GDT Huddy @ Gnats

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching some of the highlights of the first 12 innings that I missed...

Wow.

Greatest.
First.
Pitch.
Ever.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, what a game! Hudson gave us a great start, and then Petit essentially gave us a great start, too.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Belts bat right now than Poseys.

I wonder if you have Bum go 7 or 8 regardless, give the bully a day off, and make Tuesday your kitchen-sink game. This would allow Posey to sit the game. Washington has to continue to use their burnt bully AND Ramos in the game.

Plus...

We have Bum on the Bump.

You are conceding a loss when Bum pitches?!?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to disagree with cal, in the playoffs all games are game 7, win every game at all costs. Don't play games with it, close em out, don't let them do what we did to Cinci

If we sweep we'll get plenty of rest, other series looks to go 4-5

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to disagree with cal, in the playoffs all games are game 7, win every game at all costs. Don't play games with it, close em out, don't let them do what we did to Cinci

If we sweep we'll get plenty of rest, other series looks to go 4-5

I am not saying that is my stance. Just posing different scenarios for discussion.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the Posey play in the ninth. Was the call confirmed as fast as the highlight made it seem? It was close enough, I would have expected a long replay (although, I feel it was too close to reverse).

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the Posey play in the ninth. Was the call confirmed as fast as the highlight made it seem? It was close enough, I would have expected a long replay (although, I feel it was too close to reverse).

No they looked for a bit, but it was the right call. Out by a hair. And they had to overturn the call on the field, wasn't nearly enough doubt

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to go all out to win every game in a postseason series. I would like to see Bochy treat Game 3 as a kitchen sink game, and I think he will. Perhaps we lean on Lincecum to go many innings if we need it. However, our bullpen should be good to go anyway. Just looking at pitch counts from the first two games, the only guys who I would be worried about fatigue-wise are Petit and Strickland.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they looked for a bit, but it was the right call. Out by a hair. And they had to overturn the call on the field, wasn't nearly enough doubt

I think that he was actually safe, but that it was too close to overturn. Watching it live, I thought he was out for sure. I was surprised how close it was on the replay.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Replay showed Posey caught his lead foot in the dirt for an instant. Ramos was able to tag him before Posey could get his lead foot back out and down on the plate. Much closer than I thought originally, but he was definitely out. No doubt.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A game for the ages...Giants win 2-1 in Washington D.C. in 18 innings

I can't begin to tell you how special this day was. So many positive vibes were flowing and I had a blast watching this game with family members. When the Giants came up with the All Together theme it's no lie. Giants nation is all in ...All Together. This was a battle of wills that will go down in history not just for the 6 hour and 23 minute game time record for a post season game but how two teams gave everything in their bodies, hearts , and souls to win. A doubleheader for the price of one playoff game . 18 grueling innings of emotions , heartache , ups downs, and finally the thrill of victory and agony of defeat. It was a baseball game and a Heavyweight prize fight all wrapped up into a October Christmas for fans. A great present and memories that will last forever.

This dream of a game started with two men ...Hudson and Zimmerman matching punch for punch . The Nationals needed this game to make sure they could travel to S.F. tied 1-1 for the series. The Giants wanted to drop the hammer and go home on a happy flight up 2-0 , and show everyone that they OWN October until someone takes it from them. These Giants are truly Giant as they trailed 1-0 entering the 9th with a crowd ready to throw them to the Lions and toast the win. A rowdy crowd ...no problem as Pablo Sandoval lined a double the opposite way down the left field line. Panik scored but Posey just got thrown out by a whisker at the plate as Bochy wanted a replay but was too close to reverse. The game was tied and there was new life again for the Men on a Mission.

The pitching in this game was so intense and outstanding that it took 9 extra rounds to decide this fight. Back and forth the game went with everyone watching on the edge of their seats. After 7 1/3 excellent innings from Hudson who was at his best shutting down the Nats giving up only 1 run. The Bulls in the Pen were awesome again just like they did all year. So much confidence and a desire to not flinch first in a stare down with the Nats. This is amazing...10 2/3 shutout innings from the bullpen and it was Machi, Lopez, Romo, Affeldt, Casilla, Petit, and finally the Rook Strickland for the biggest save in his short career to be sure. It was Petit though who really took it to the Nats as he went 6 innings giving up 1 H and 3 BB. He struck out 7 batters and stood in the middle of the ring and dazzled. A tremendous performance by all with a special tip of the cap to Petit.

It came down to the 18th inning as the beer and the hot dogs were all sold but the game was still ready to be decided. Belt stepped up in his biggest moment in his baseball life and pounded and I mean pounded a ball into the upper deck in right for one of the biggest HR's in Giants history. It was 2-1 and all the air went out of the Nats balloon. After Strickland sent down the Nats in the bottom of the 18th the fight was over as Ali defeats Frazier in the Thrilla in Manilla. Both teams worn to the bone but only one team could go home the winner and what a fight it was on this fantastic October night as dreams live on and memories that will last forever.

Fantastic baseball at it's best. :yes::yes::yes:

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap::thrasher::plane:

on youtube..

Aerosmith Dream On Live Woodstock 94

Last edited by a moderator:

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aerosmith Dream On Live Woodstock 94

posted by Nueve9Vidas

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were a best of 3 series instead of a best of 5, who would the MVP be?

Peavey?
Posey?
Petit?
Panik?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peavey?
Posey?
Petit?
Panik?

Definitely a 'P' name

But let's not get ahead of ourselves here...

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peavey?
Posey?
Petit?
Panik?

Petit is the biggest reason why we are up 2-0 so far. He gets my vote.

What's funny is we'd all be talking about Panda if Posey would have slid better in the 9th.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peavey?
Posey?
Petit?
Panik?

Belt would be on that list, and may even top it. IMO.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belt would be on that list, and may even top it. IMO.

Reminds me a lot of the '12 World Series. The MVP could have gone to just about anyone. Panda got it because of one game, but about 8 other players could have just as legitimately gotten the award.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me a lot of the '12 World Series. The MVP could have gone to just about anyone. Panda got it because of one game, but about 8 other players could have just as legitimately gotten the award.

That's when we are at our best, when it's a different guy every night. No lineup holes, five decent starters. Anyone can contribute.