• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wrestlemania 34

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it sounds like Shane is still going to try to work Mania. They announced the match as official tonight. That seems like a really stupid and risky thing to do. Diverticulitis ain't nothing to fuck around with. It seems unwise to wrestle a match 2 weeks after being diagnosed.

Yeah definitely unwise on WWE's part. With that said, I still think there's some sort of work going on with this "hospitalization". I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that the WWE is putting this over as a work. I don't think Vince would put Shane's life at risk just to wrestle at Wrestlemania if this was a serious legit situation. IDK, something about this whole thing seems a bit odd to me.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it sounds like Shane is still going to try to work Mania. They announced the match as official tonight. That seems like a really stupid and risky thing to do. Diverticulitis ain't nothing to fuck around with. It seems unwise to wrestle a match 2 weeks after being diagnosed.

Yeah definitely unwise on WWE's part. With that said, I still think there's some sort of work going on with this "hospitalization". I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that the WWE is putting this over as a work. I don't think Vince would put Shane's life at risk just to wrestle at Wrestlemania if this was a serious legit situation. IDK, something about this whole thing seems a bit odd to me.
I noticed that DB said he thinks Shane will be ready last night on SD. I hope WWE isn't pulling a bait and switch here and will replace Shane with ??? at the last minute. If the medical story is even half true there is no reason to fuck around here, none. I bet DB comes out on the go home SD next week and says he was wrong Shane won't be cleared in time and he has picked ?????? to replace Shane.

One name sprung into my mind that makes sense for DB to replace Shane with....Somoa Joe. Thay have a history in ROH that will pop the hardcores plus even though he's due back hr hasn't appeared yet on Raw as far as I can remember. Db can say he will announce his choice at WM which would make some people tune in to see who his partner will be especially if they start teasing various potential choices such as CM Punk, The American Badass, Kane, Big Show, etc.....

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that DB said he thinks Shane will be ready last night on SD. I hope WWE isn't pulling a bait and switch here and will replace Shane with ??? at the last minute. If the medical story is even half true there is no reason to fuck around here, none. I bet DB comes out on the go home SD next week and says he was wrong Shane won't be cleared in time and he has picked ?????? to replace Shane.

One name sprung into my mind that makes sense for DB to replace Shane with....Somoa Joe. Thay have a history in ROH that will pop the hardcores plus even though he's due back hr hasn't appeared yet on Raw as far as I can remember. Db can say he will announce his choice at WM which would make some people tune in to see who his partner will be especially if they start teasing various potential choices such as CM Punk, The American Badass, Kane, Big Show, etc.....

I was thinking Jericho would be a great fill in given his history with KO but apparently he's got a Fozzy tour date. Bummer.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two updates to the card: Rusev has been added to the US title match, the SD Title match could be a TLC match because WWE accidently sent out an update but quickly deleted it.

Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns for the Universal Title

HHH/Steph vs Kurt Angle/Ronda Rousey

AJ Styles vs Nakamura for the WWE Title

Shane (maybe)/Daniel Bryan vs Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn

Miz vs Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor for the IC Title

Charlotte vs Asuka for the SD Women's Title

John Cena vs Undertaker (not official)

Usos vs New Day vs Bludgeon Brothers for the SD Tag Titles (possible TLC match)

Randy Orton vs Bobby Roode vs Jinder Mahal vs Rusev for the US Title

Cedric Alexander vs Mustafa Ali for the CW Title

Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax for the Raw Women's Title

The Bar vs Braun Strowman + Partner

The Andre Memorial

Women's Battle Royal

On paper, this is one hell of a show

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two updates to the card: Rusev has been added to the US title match, the SD Title match could be a TLC match because WWE accidently sent out an update but quickly deleted it.

Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns for the Universal Title

HHH/Steph vs Kurt Angle/Ronda Rousey

AJ Styles vs Nakamura for the WWE Title

Shane (maybe)/Daniel Bryan vs Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn

Miz vs Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor for the IC Title

Charlotte vs Asuka for the SD Women's Title

John Cena vs Undertaker (not official)

Usos vs New Day vs Bludgeon Brothers for the SD Tag Titles (possible TLC match)

Randy Orton vs Bobby Roode vs Jinder Mahal vs Rusev for the US Title

Cedric Alexander vs Mustafa Ali for the CW Title

Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax for the Raw Women's Title

The Bar vs Braun Strowman + Partner

The Andre Memorial

Women's Battle Royal

On paper, this is one hell of a show

On paper, this should be one of the best WrestleMania's in recent memory. Probably since 30. It's gonna be interesting to see exactly what happens with Strowman and whether he really has a partner or not. Also, is there really a point to the women's battle royal? Like, is there a future title shot at stake or something?

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, this should be one of the best WrestleMania's in recent memory. Probably since 30. It's gonna be interesting to see exactly what happens with Strowman and whether he really has a partner or not. Also, is there really a point to the women's battle royal? Like, is there a future title shot at stake or something?

It's the same reason they have the Andre battle royal...just a way to get as many people onto the card as they can.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it lol

Yea, but it's business...from what I've heard, Wrestlemania pay/bonuses are determined by where you fall on the card, so if it's the case where someone doesn't get a bonus (or a much smaller one) by being left off the card, I'd understand why there's pressure to get as many people onto the show as possible.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, but it's business...from what I've heard, Wrestlemania pay/bonuses are determined by where you fall on the card, so if it's the case where someone doesn't get a bonus (or a much smaller one) by being left off the card, I'd understand why there's pressure to get as many people onto the show as possible.

They get paid by being on the show but they get bonuses and royalties if they make it on the main show (not the hour long preshow) that gets put on the DVD. That's part of the reason Austin Aries got upset and led to his departure because they cut the CW title match with him and Neville from the DVD which cost them a good chunk of change.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict Conor McGregor wins the Andre Memorial

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone have a match of the night prediction?

The men's world title matches both have the potential to be classics. Charolette/Asuka and the IC title match are in contention for match of the night too.

My sleeper pick is Usos/New Day/Bludegon Brothers if they get at least 15 minutes. The Usos/New Day always deliver and Luke Harper is one of the better in ring talents on the roster

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also love the surprise element of the show with UT match in the air and Braun having a mystery partner.

My expectations are as high as possible for this show.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also love the surprise element of the show with UT match in the air and Braun having a mystery partner.

My expectations are as high as possible for this show.

Same. From top to bottom. This is the must STACKED card since 31.

The men's world title matches both have the potential to be classics. Charolette/Asuka and the IC title match are in contention for match of the night too.

My sleeper pick is Usos/New Day/Bludegon Brothers if they get at least 15 minutes. The Usos/New Day always deliver and Luke Harper is one of the better in ring talents on the roster

My sleeper is the CW tittle match. They always seem to deliever big time when asked.

I won't say a classic for Roman/Lensar. Great but not classic.

Id say IC steals the show. You have 3 guys that are worthy of the big time because they have been there. One of the matches i don't wish to taking a snooze too.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I loved Reigns/Lesnar match at WM 31 and Reigns is even better now. If Lesnar is motivated I expect that match to really deliver.

I can't remember a better WWE card, at least on paper.

The IC title match could steal the show. Think a lot of it depends on where it's placed on the card and how much time it gets.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Cole stealing the ladder match.

Don't get the Shawn Micheals comparison. Cole is much better heel
Ladder match was awesome.Followed by the Strong heel turn that was great. Alma/Black and Johnny Wrestling vs Ciampa unsanctioned match were also great. Another top notch PPV gotta give HHH and NXT creative credit. Wish they would hand HHH the reins for the main roster tbh

I don't get the Shawn Michaels comparison either. Aside from the super kick completely different characters imo

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm torn between Styles vs Nak, the IC three way match and Asuka vs Charlotte. Asuka/Charlotte may have lost some steam with a few leaks. And not liking the idea of recreating the Rollins heist angle. That served Reins vs Lesner. But I would like to see Asuka vs Flair go without the interruption. Would like to see Asuka to SD don't think its happening tho

Agree that tag match has a ton of potential