• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR & TE - How many and who?

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Want to get everyone's thoughts on the Niners' WRs and TEs. How many WRs and TEs does Harbaugh keep, and can you identify them?

Certain keepers:

WR
Braylon Edwards
Michael Crabtree
Josh Morgan

TE
Vernon Davis
Delanie Walker

The rest to me is up in the air.

Thanks in advance for your contributions.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Williams, Ginn, RoJo? Maybe RoJo on P.S.

Seems like the third TE would be a plus blocker and Reuland isn't that yet.

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kyle Williams, Ginn, RoJo? Maybe RoJo on P.S.

Seems like the third TE would be a plus blocker and Reuland isn't that yet.

What about Zeigler, who has just been taken off the PUP list? I'd rather have him than Ginn. I understand Ginn's ability as a return man, but don't we have other guys that can fill that role?

The 3rd TE I just don't know about.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The beat writers have been tooting Ginn's horn all training camp so I guess he's sticking even though the ball doesn't stick to his hands. Seems like Ziegs is way behind at this point. He's gotta shake the rust and learn the O.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I would say that our WR depth chart looks like this: Edwards, Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Williams. With RoJo going on the P/S.

At TE they'll keep VD, Walker and Reuland

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Def agree with the keepers there.

I think williams will be a keeper the way he has been playing so far. So that leaves either 1 or 2 spots open between RoJo, Ginn, Long, Jurovich and ziegler.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Long make the team he has done pretty well. I would like to see what Zieg has now that he is able to practice, but i think him along with RoJo, ginn and long have some work to do.

As for the TE, Reuland is gettting a lot of praise as he has been catching everything thrown his way. I bet he makes it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At this point I would say that our WR depth chart looks like this: Edwards, Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Williams. With RoJo going on the P/S.

will go with this too.

is there another WR or TE thats a ST's stud?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zieg is actually not bad on ST's, but I would worry about his health.

i really liked Zeigler from two years ago, you could see he was quick with good hands. granted wasn't as 'vocal' as you're now. :-)

but he's too far behind on top of just coming off serious injury, can't see him making the final cut?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i really liked Zeigler from two years ago, you could see he was quick with good hands. granted I wasn't as 'vocal' as you're now. :-)

but he's too far behind on top of just coming off serious injury, can't see him making the final cut?

Yeah, as heartbreaking as it is for me to admit this, I agree with you. Even if he were able to blow Harbaugh's panties off, I think he is still too big of an injury risk.

At this point, I am just thrilled to get to see him a couple more times before he goes... :Cry:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe this would be the final result as well.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn, it's nice having you around when you post.

I completely agree. My only concern with letting Rojo go to the practice squad is that he may get picked up by another team. Possibly the Seahawks? If we go with 6 WR's, then it has to be Rojo right?

I'm not really sure what the deal is with our TE situation. I would think the possibility of keeping a 3rd TE would be better this year with Harbaugh's philosophy, so that puts Byham in? Also, does anybody else think the chances we keep Bruce Miller on the team are likely? Both of these possibilities leads me to believe we will only be keeping 5 WR's.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byham blew his knee so he's out.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, it's nice having you around when you post.

I completely agree. My only concern with letting Rojo go to the practice squad is that he may get picked up by another team. Possibly the Seahawks? If we go with 6 WR's, then it has to be Rojo right?

I'm not really sure what the deal is with our TE situation. I would think the possibility of keeping a 3rd TE would be better this year with Harbaugh's philosophy, so that puts Byham in? Also, does anybody else think the chances we keep Bruce Miller on the team are likely? Both of these possibilities leads me to believe we will only be keeping 5 WR's.

Thanks man. If we did keep 6 I would think RoJo would get the spot, he's been pretty impressive from what I've read but I haven't seen him do a whole lot in the games. I heard reports early in camp about Ginn being our best WR so far but that has to have changed with Edwards emerging.

Yeah as Ray says, Byham is gone. I also don't see Zieg making the team, he's just missed too much time IMO and I don't think he's gonna knock a guy like Williams or Ginn off at this point.

I would completely expect them to cut Norris and keep Miller. Miller has looked very impressive as a lead blocker so far in pre-season and in camp from what I hear. He also adds an element that MIller doesn't which is his ability out of the backfield. As much as it hurts me to say this about a fellow Jayhawk, I don't think Miller is athletic enough to start anymore.

Being a former defensive playing also gives helps the possibility of Miller being productive on special teams, he has a nose for the ball and can get after it.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point, I'd agree but I think we'll keep 6 WR's with RoJo bein the last. PS a couple of those big body/small school UDFA's we got.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks man. If we did keep 6 I would think RoJo would get the spot, he's been pretty impressive from what I've read but I haven't seen him do a whole lot in the games. I heard reports early in camp about Ginn being our best WR so far but that has to have changed with Edwards emerging.

Yeah as Ray says, Byham is gone. I also don't see Zieg making the team, he's just missed too much time IMO and I don't think he's gonna knock a guy like Williams or Ginn off at this point.

I would completely expect them to cut Norris and keep Miller. Miller has looked very impressive as a lead blocker so far in pre-season and in camp from what I hear. He also adds an element that MIller doesn't which is his ability out of the backfield. As much as it hurts me to say this about a fellow Jayhawk, I don't think Miller is athletic enough to start anymore.

Being a former defensive playing also gives helps the possibility of Miller being productive on special teams, he has a nose for the ball and can get after it.

I was really hoping to get Marecic, but i have to agree with you. Miller will need some time, but he looks more like the type of FB Harbaugh wants in his offense. Hopefully this experiment works out.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping to get Marecic, but i have to agree with you. Miller will need some time, but he looks more like the type of FB Harbaugh wants in his offense. Hopefully this experiment works out.

Gotta root for a San Fran player with 49 on his jersey. :)

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta root for a San Fran player with 49 on his jersey. :)

Well, when is the last time we had an experiment that worked out? (meaning a player who previously played another position that worked out at their new one)

Michael Robinson, Bret Miller, ect. (can't think of the rest right now)

I guess Reggie Smith hasn't been too bad, but he played some Safety in college didn't he?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when is the last time we had an experiment that worked out? (meaning a player who previously played another position that worked out at their new one)

Michael Robinson, Bret Miller, ect. (can't think of the rest right now)

I guess Reggie Smith hasn't been too bad, but he played some Safety in college didn't he?

Depends on what you mean by "worked out." Off the top of my head, Arnaz Battle was a converted QB that turned into an ok receiver, especially in the slot.

Roger Craig was a FB that switched to HB. I know that goes back a ways, but he definitely worked out. ;)