• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Giving up talent, but not production if Aldon isn't on the field. I can't make the call because I have never spoken to Aldon Smith and really have no idea whether he can get his act together. I would need to look into his eyes and talk to him - ideally repeatedly - to make a call either way. I'd probably need a commitment from him to attend a 90-day in-patient alcohol program to feel entirely good about the decision....

yes, NO ONE knows but if presented this trade scenario, you have to make a decision? if we knew exactly what his future issues are, there wouldn't be a need to discuss this trade.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd tell the Texans hell no. As people already said Aldon might just be the best pass rusher in the game and the only reason why this is even a thought is because of his off the field issues.

We'd have to hope Clowney is almost as good as Aldon and have to hope Clowney can stay out of the news himself. Besides the work ethic rumors we also see Clowney in the news for off the field incidents too. If he's doing that in the Carolinas how would he react to being in California?

Clowney has speed, but he's going to have to get a lot stronger and better as a run defender to get anywhere close to Aldon or Von Miller.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yes, NO ONE knows but if presented this trade scenario, you have to make a decision? if we knew exactly what his future issues are, there wouldn't be a need to discuss this trade.

I don't have to make a decision, our front office does. And they have access to aldon. I don't.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't have to make a decision, our front office does. And they have access to aldon. I don't.

now you don't know, don't have access, don't need to make the call, but earlier you'd make this trade??!! you disagreed with me and said you'd trade Aldon plus #56 for Clowney, even with Clowney projected LESS than Aldon.

but now you don't know???

ok, that's enough for this scenario.......moving on..........

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
now you don't know, don't have access, don't need to make the call, but earlier you'd make this trade??!! you disagreed with me and said you'd trade Aldon plus #56 for Clowney, even with Clowney projected LESS than Aldon.

but now you don't know???

ok, that's enough for this scenario.......moving on..........

From literally the first response in this thread:

Re: the trade, it depends entirely on the team's faith in Aldon. If they don't have much, sure, I'd make that trade. If they do have faith in him, I wouldn't.

Reading comprehension: not just for standardized tests.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From my third post in the thread:

If I thought Aldon was going to continue messing up, yes, I would still make the trade....

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And my fourth post:

Giving up talent, but not production if Aldon isn't on the field. I can't make the call because I have never spoken to Aldon Smith and really have no idea whether he can get his act together. I would need to look into his eyes and talk to him - ideally repeatedly - to make a call either way. I'd probably need a commitment from him to attend a 90-day in-patient alcohol program to feel entirely good about the decision....

In literally every post I have made but one I have explicitly qualified my thoughts on the trade.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if Aldon was suspended longer than 4 games.

I agree unless he is seriously charged in this gun case. Anything over 4 games when you take into account the games he already missed last year would be excessive for a 1st time suspension by the NFL office.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:noidea:I don't think Aldon Smith did all that much wrong...stupid yes...immature yes... If he was in the land of gun lovers like AZ. and shot his automatic weapon into the air at a party and he was white...I don't think the police would even come over to the house. There is a total lack of uniformity on gun issues and weapons in this country that is inconsistent and lacks due process. Just an observation..from a non gun lover.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's make a list of his incidents.....

---Wasn't he stabbed in the leg breaking up a fight at his house? Okay, he wasn't fighting but not the best judgement on choosing his friends.
---Alleged illegal firearms possession and firing a weapon, right?
---DUI reduced to reckless driving? 2012?
---Alleged DUI....found in running car passed out
---Allegedly drunk and saying he had a bomb at LAX.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

---Wasn't he stabbed in the leg breaking up a fight at his house? Okay, he wasn't fighting but not the best judgement on choosing his friends.

As you have stated Tomikcon, some people never grow up. Let's hope Aldon truly makes a sincere effort of being more responsible and accountable. This will ensure that he has an opportunity to be on the field.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

He was also the passenger in a car that flipped or crashed or something. Honestly, I've always felt there is a decent chance he and the friend did a quick Chinese fire drill and his buddy took the fall.