• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would Mayhew get bashed for trading next year's picks?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some posters eyes is a big leap to majority. What it boils down to is obviously the guy isn't perfect. He's not only had some bad luck with some moves but he's really fucked some moves up too. But he's also put together a pretty talented roster and hired what I believe is a pretty good coach. And when some of you on here act like he's the worst GM ever, you can count on him being defended. For the record I think that what he's shown us so far is that he's mediocre.

Yeah. It's not like Millen was a tough act to follow.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need all the draft picks we can get -- we can't be trading them away. The 1st two guys we traded up for played a total of roughly 2 1/2 seasons worth of games and now they no longer play in the NFL (Best and LeShoure).

We traded up for Van Noy, which I actually liked, but for whatever reason, it is like an automatic injury if the Lions trade up for you, as Van Noy missed much of the season hurt.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Mayhew gets bashed on here, nobody is presenting real facts as to why he's good, bad, mediocre or whatever. The majority of the people are pissed at him simply because the team didnt draft the player they wanted. Thats typical of humans though. Selfishness plays a role in everything they do. Those that are in the middle of the road with him are the one's thats aren't overly critical, yet will question some of the mistakes made. Those that think he's great probably aren't seeing the whole picture or dont know any better.

I'm not going to sit here and believe a bunch of internet dudes (LOL) about whether he's a good GM or not because nobody has any real facts to base their opinions around.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most posts are opinions that are based upon a premise that is based upon another opinion. So if we're waiting on fact based posts, all we'll ever have are 'water is wet' type posts. I'd rather listen to trustme and tpaul fight.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need all the draft picks we can get -- we can't be trading them away. The 1st two guys we traded up for played a total of roughly 2 1/2 seasons worth of games and now they no longer play in the NFL (Best and LeShoure).

We traded up for Van Noy, which I actually liked, but for whatever reason, it is like an automatic injury if the Lions trade up for you, as Van Noy missed much of the season hurt.

I get wanting to keep picks but why base things on the past? Just because some things didnt work out in the past, it doesn't mean move forward with fear. I hope Mayhew doesn't think that way.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get wanting to keep picks but why base things on the past? Just because some things didnt work out in the past, it doesn't mean move forward with fear. I hope Mayhew doesn't think that way.

It's not fear. It's that Mayhew has always sucked at drafting and probably always will. Whatever that's called.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not fear. It's that Mayhew has always sucked at drafting and probably always will. Whatever that's called.

Down here it's called 'having nary a clue'.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it's called perception, as in there's a perception that Mayhew is bad at drafting because people don't pay attention to how other teams draft so they've developed an unrealistic sense of how well they think a GM should do in the draft...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Mayhew gets bashed on here, nobody is presenting real facts as to why he's good, bad, mediocre or whatever. The majority of the people are pissed at him simply because the team didnt draft the player they wanted.

I'm not going to sit here and believe a bunch of internet dudes (LOL) about whether he's a good GM or not because nobody has any real facts to base their opinions around.

Mayhew signs Pettigrew to an extension then drafts a TE very high.

Mayhew has no fall back if the Lions loose Suh.

Mayhew and Lewand restructure Suh's deal twice making him incapable of franchising.

The Lions have the most dead space on the books in the division.

Titus Young pick / LeShoure / Broyles / Best / I don't care if we wanted a different guy or not you can not whiff on high picks.

No players on the roster from 2010 or 2011 draft

Restructured Stafford deal makes him our QB with no chance to walk away for years.

Those are all pretty much facts why I do not like the guy as a GM. He is the paid professionals not us fans that do voice our opinion. I expect him to know who is a fit on draft day. How to manage a salary cap, how to plan 2-3 years ahead.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some posters eyes is a big leap to majority. What it boils down to is obviously the guy isn't perfect. He's not only had some bad luck with some moves but he's really fucked some moves up too. But he's also put together a pretty talented roster and hired what I believe is a pretty good coach. And when some of you on here act like he's the worst GM ever, you can count on him being defended. For the record I think that what he's shown us so far is that he's mediocre.

He's good at trades and free agency. He needs to go take a vacation on draft weekend though.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mayhew and Lewand restructure Suh's deal twice making him incapable of franchising.

Titus Young pick / LeShoure / Broyles / Best / I don't care if we wanted a different guy or not you can not whiff on high picks.

Restructured Stafford deal makes him our QB with no chance to walk away for years.

Those are all pretty much facts why I do not like the guy as a GM. He is the paid professionals not us fans that do voice our opinion. I expect him to know who is a fit on draft day. How to manage a salary cap, how to plan 2-3 years ahead.

Damn, I actually forgot about the Titus Young pick. I always think of Best and Lesuck. Broyles was a complete air ball as well. Dude is still a wr5?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I actually forgot about the Titus Young pick. I always think of Best and Lesuck. Broyles was a complete air ball as well. Dude is still a wr5?

But But he had the most catches in the NCAA! Plus a restructured knee.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how you slice it. MM gets a black eye for saying Ebron was the second best offensive player in the draft.

Watkins, Evans, Beckham, J.Matthews, Z.Martin, B.Cooks, K.Benjamin.... Greg Robinson, C.Hyde, J.Landry..... The list goes on and on.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell do we add "gif's" to our posts?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2da25d86.png

Wat8.jpg

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vOzOoA.gif

I'll give up Van Noy and our first rounder to scoop up this guy and play him at SLB in our 4-3

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3