• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worth the least

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there's a reason for that Ice. Just look at our track record the last what......two decades. Up until those three magical years between 99 and 01 we stunk up the joint. And after that stretch we went right back to it, trying to stink even more than we did previously.

Many of the posters here think I'm overly pessimistic and negative. But you know what, there is a fine line between pessimism and realism. And when the emotions and favoritism are factored out of it, unfortunately this is the realism. You aren't fooling the financial people, who look at this from a purely objective point of view. They value the Rams the lowest because in reality they ARE the lowest.

A history of constant incompetence makes you expect more of the same in the future. That is your history and it will continue to be your projected history until something dramatic happens to change it. Nothing dramatic is going to happen while Fisher and his bag of buffoons are in charge, and an owner that's interested in his soccer team more than his football team. Hence, I fear the Rams will be scrapping the bottom of the barrel for the foreseeable future.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the Raiders who are just as inept as the Rams for at least the last ten years are worth more than the Rams. It is a sad state of affairs indeed Boss.

Last edited by a moderator:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as Stl Fans don't want to hear this. All this does is lead me to believe the Rams are on the move. As much hate as there is for the rams ownership he is still a wise business man. Do you think he'll remain at the bottom of the NFL in revenue? Simple answer is no, he wont. Simple solution is moving to LA. Or somewhere in Socal. Staying in Stl wont change the rams fortune even if they build them a new stadium. And Stan knows this.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as Stl Fans don't want to hear this. All this does is lead me to believe the Rams are on the move. As much hate as there is for the rams ownership he is still a wise business man. Do you think he'll remain at the bottom of the NFL in revenue? Simple answer is no, he wont. Simple solution is moving to LA. Or somewhere in Socal. Staying in Stl wont change the rams fortune even if they build them a new stadium. And Stan knows this.

I don't know Jacobarch...If the Rams leave St Louis they will lose all of those ticket sales from the fans of their opponents. Even a die hard cheese head; Viking or Bears fan won't make the long trek to LA. :pound:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing is Jacob, no matter WHERE he moves the team to, if the product is as bad as its been for us, he's going to get the same result. Just moving the team isn't going to increase the value of the franchise. Kroenke has to come up with a competitive and viable product if he's going to succeed at any location. So far, he has failed to do that.

We all lament owners like Jerry Jones that can't keep their big egos out of the game, and I certainly wouldn't want him as an owner, but Kroenke has been a little too silent up to this point. He needs to give Fisher a specific time to turn this team into a winner or he's gone. I'd like to see it sooner than later.

Just makes me sick to think of the draft picks we've had to work with from the RG3 trade, and eventually will be classified as a failure because of this coaching regime. For crying out loud, what is it about the Rams that they can't get a decent coach or a decent break. I know Retro talks tongue in cheek about the curse of past ownership and it's lingering influence, but I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't some real validity to it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Jacobarch...If the Rams leave St Louis they will lose all of those ticket sales from the fans of their opponents. Even a die hard cheese head; Viking or Bears fan won't make the long trek to LA. :pound:

Closer for Cards, Niners, and Hawks fans though, who they play every season.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny but painfully true. Just an embarrassment to be a Ewes fan these days.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stan the man is in Real Estate and what are the three most important laws of Real Estate?

Look no further for this lesson than to Arte Moreno, owner of the Los Angeles Angels. Shorty after purchasing the Anaheim Angels he quickly had the name changed to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

Why?

Because he knew those three most important rules of Real Estate.

What's cool about Arte's move, he did it without ever relocating his team...

:yahoo:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The value of franchise tends to be due to the owner.

And yes the Rams moving to Los Angeles will raise the value of the franchise.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, as with any thing you own, there needs to be a pride of ownership mentality to hold value in your possessions.

St Louis faltered when they failed to reinvest in the teams residence as agreed.

This in not a Stan Kroenke problem, it just happens to fall on his shoulders to remedy and find a solutions that increases his teams value...

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True enough Shop...:nod: there were plenty of games in LA with 9er fans in attendance. And now with the 75 mph Highway 10 I'm sure Bird Brains would show up as well...okay forget it just stay in St Louis. :pound:

Last edited by a moderator:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, as with any thing you own, there needs to be a pride of ownership mentality to hold value in your possessions.

St Louis faltered when they failed to reinvest in the teams residence as agreed.

This in not a Stan Kroenke problem, it just happens to fall on his shoulders to remedy and find a solutions that increases his teams value...

The team is an investment, you have to put money in it to see a return.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stan the man is in Real Estate and what are the three most important laws of Real Estate?

Look no further for this lesson than to Arte Moreno, owner of the Los Angeles Angels. Shorty after purchasing the Anaheim Angels he quickly had the name changed to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

Why?

Because he knew those three most important rules of Real Estate.

What's cool about Arte's move, he did it without ever relocating his team...

:yahoo:

So why can't we call the team the los angeles Rams of St. Louis :10:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said from along time ago that Kroneke is moving the Rams to LA. They'll be gone at the end of this season.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

+1
Its pretty sad when Tony Romo throws a td pass 3/4's of the stadium gives him a standing ovavtion!!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maybe so.... but at least in LA, we wont see more visiting fans from Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, Chiefs, Browns, Bengals, Titans, Vikings, Panthers and Saints. This has bothered me for a long time, we really have NO home field advantage whatsoever. For example, take Seattle, Pittsburg, Dallas, San Fran, Miami, Chicago, New York teams, New England, Philly and even the Raiders have extremely strong fan support. The 12th man does make a difference!! :nod:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe so.... but at least in LA, we wont see more visiting fans from Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, Chiefs, Browns, Bengals, Titans, Vikings, Panthers and Saints. This has bothered me for a long time, we really have NO home field advantage whatsoever. For example, take Seattle, Pittsburg, Dallas, San Fran, Miami, Chicago, New York teams, New England, Philly and even the Raiders have extremely strong fan support. The 12th man does make a difference!! :nod:

Thats what happens when you're one of the worst teams in NFL history. We've improved but from 08 to 12 we were freakin terrible. I think in smaller markets you're more susceptible to this than if you're in a bigger market like NY or LA. Look at the Raiders. They've sucked forever and their fans show up.