• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Champions, Texas Rangers 2024 Spring Training Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Langford can leg one out when he needs to. Bochy says he has the speed to play all 3 OF positions.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Church gives up his first run of the spring and bounces right back with a strikeout.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would keep Foscue over Walsh. I would also let Foscue DH. I just feel better with Foscue in the lineup instead of Taveras. Even if they send Foscue down, I would feel better with Duran at DH and Taveras not in the lineup.
So I am not as sold on Foscue yet. To me he still needs more pop. But Leody makes us better defensively despite questionable routes
He can bat 9 hole
Have to think they let Walsh on team.
So like that Foscue is a RHB though.
Not sleeping in Crim though

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alot of uncertainty for OD due to injuries and open spots in pen and DH
Even Bradford is not a shoe in to start although have to think he is sure thing on squad

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I am not as sold on Foscue yet. To me he still needs more pop. But Leody makes us better defensively despite questionable routes
He can bat 9 hole
Have to think they let Walsh on team.
So like that Foscue is a RHB though.
Not sleeping in Crim though
When it comes to pop, Foscue has hit a HR in every 22 AB in the minors, compared to Lowe who hit one every 27 AB in the minors. I know he is not replacing Lowe long term, not yet anyway, but just to comoare him to our current 1B, his pop compares well.

As far as who would leave the lineup, should they let Foscue start, that would be Leody. There is no comparison at all between those two. Comparing what each did in the minors shows that Justin ran circles around Taveras.

To me we are better off with Carter, Langford, and Foscue in the lineup than with Carter, Langford, and Taveras.

There are a lot of folks who disagree with me though.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic is reporting that the Rangers and White Sox have been in serious talks about Cease. I really hope we don't do that. Signing Montgomery would make so much more sense. Cease has struggled with an ERA of 4.58 last year. That would be a huge mistake.

The following is from Ken Rosenthal:

"The Dallas Morning News reported that White Sox scouts have “descended in droves” upon Rangers camp this week. Multiple members of the White Sox’s front office have scouted the San Diego Padres in similar fashion, sources said."

"The question for the Rangers is whether they would be willing to meet the White Sox’s desired return, which according to sources is in the range of these three players, if not them specifically: utility man Ezequiel Durán and pitching prospects Brock Porter and Jack Leiter."

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic is reporting that the Rangers and White Sox have been in serious talks about Cease. I really hope we don't do that. Signing Montgomery would make so much more sense. Cease has struggled with an ERA of 4.58 last year. That would be a huge mistake.

"The Dallas Morning News reported that White Sox scouts have “descended in droves” upon Rangers camp this week. Multiple members of the White Sox’s front office have scouted the San Diego Padres in similar fashion, sources said."

"The question for the Rangers is whether they would be willing to meet the White Sox’s desired return, which according to sources is in the range of these three players, if not them specifically: utility man Ezequiel Durán and pitching prospects Brock Porter and Jack Leiter."
I would say no. I would willing to give them Taveras, Wendzel and Owen White.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If CY is going to trade for a pitcher then trade for a long term rotation member who is actually really good. Cease does not belong in the rotation of a team aspiring to win a World Series.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope the Yankees step in and save us from a huge mistake.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t want to trade Duran, porter, or leiter and if I did, the return would have to be a lot better than Dylan cease.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don’t want to trade Duran, porter, or leiter and if I did, the return would have to be a lot better than Dylan cease.
I am with you. I have always liked Duran. Just think he needs to be more patient and not bite on that slider. If he can improve that aspect of his game then he could possibly be a 300 hitter with some decent power.
Porter has so much upside. Like you said Cease does not warrant these prospects

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a pitcher is needed sign Mike Lorenzen for about the same amount as Cease will make. Lorenzen had an ERA a half run better than Cease last year.

Clevinger would be better as well.