• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Champions, Texas Rangers 2024 Spring Training Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Evan Grant:

Best spring by a guy who gave up a historic homer: Non-roster right-hander Jesús Tinoco keeps making an impression this spring. He had retired all 12 hitters he faced this spring in both “A” and “B” games before allowing a first-pitch homer to veteran Jake Marisnick.

Tinoco, whose last appearance in the majors included allowing Aaron Judge’s 62nd homer in 2022, recovered after the homer. He did allow a walk, but got an inning-ending double play, then pitched a scoreless second inning before starting a third. Though he didn’t finish the game, getting him a third inning of work was significant. It shows the Rangers are considering him seriously as a multi-inning option.

He’s got some long odds to win a spot in the Rangers bullpen, but along with RHP Marc Church, LHP Jake Latz, RHP Diego Castillo and RHP Grant Anderson, there appears to be a very interesting battle for the final two or three spots on the team.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frim Evan Grant:

Best Adolis García impersonation: Are the Rangers trying to pull off another crime against an NL Central team? Sure looked that way Monday when Jose Barrero, claimed off waivers from Cincinnati over the weekend, made his first start for the Rangers. Barrero, a former member of the Cuban pro league like García, started in right field. He threw out one runner trying to score from second on a single and then began the fifth inning with a screaming double.

Of real note, it was only the second time Barrero had played right field as a pro. His previous “experience” consisted of two innings in one game for Estrellas in the Dominican Winter League.

Barrero, 25, could be a valuable early-season option if the Rangers have to use Ezequiel Duran at shortstop regularly while Corey Seager continues rehab from sports hernia surgery. Like Duran, Barrero is a right-handed hitter who could pair with Josh Smith as a bench middle-infield/outfield platoon.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Forget conversations of being one of the Rangers’ best 26, Langford has been the best hitter in all of baseball this spring." - Evan Grant

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Wilson believes the Rangers acquisition of Barrero, who doesn’t have an option left, could mean Josh Smith starts the season in AAA.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Wilson believes the Rangers acquisition of Barrero, who doesn’t have an option left, could mean Josh Smith starts the season in AAA.

Well I thought they might play the waiver game but he does have the Adolis Jr feel.
He is a RHB ask he does have that going for him

I still can’t see is keeping Foscue and Walsj on 26 man. DH should be musical chairs between the OF guys

Who stays up is very up in the air
Leiter is pitching today as well

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can’t see is keeping Foscue and Walsj on 26 man. DH should be musical chairs between the OF guys
I would keep Foscue over Walsh. I would also let Foscue DH. I just feel better with Foscue in the lineup instead of Taveras. Even if they send Foscue down, I would feel better with Duran at DH and Taveras not in the lineup.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heaney looks good today. He does that though. He will look great for a few games and then look bad for a few games.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase DeLauter hits a HR off of Danny Duffy.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure like the game being in Channel 21. I would love to see a lot of games there next year.