• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: wk 3@ Eagles

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to ask you guys about your OL? The Eagles have been known for hurting QBs. Last season Romo. This season Cutler and RG3 and we only played 2 games. Not anything to be proud with, just shows that the DL is getting to the QBs.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to ask you guys about your OL? The Eagles have been known for hurting QBs. Last season Romo. This season Cutler and RG3 and we only played 2 games. Not anything to be proud with, just shows that the DL is getting to the QBs.

I'm concerned, but not worried...PHI two best pass rushing DL seem to line up with PIT best two pass blockers...DeCastro and Gilbert....if they move around that might complicate things.

Another perk...CIN 4-3 DL has a very similar make up...a stud DT and top level DE so if nothing else, they just blocked a similar scheme last week. I would assume they would do some A gap blitzing to keep Pouncey from doubling Cox the whole game.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you up around Ashtabula area? My in-laws are about 40 minutes fromPittsburgh, 15 minutes from WV, and in the pottery capital.

So they're in the East Liverpool area?

I'm from just south of there, near Steubenville.

Nowadays, home is between Cleveland and Toledo, near Sandusky.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they're in the East Liverpool area?

I'm from just south of there, near Steubenville.

Nowadays, home is between Cleveland and Toledo, near Sandusky.

I have family in northern OH, and we made the mistake of visiting them for Xmas one year when I was a kid...One week turned in to 2...that lake effect snow is not a myth! Come to think of of it.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have family in northern OH, and we made the mistake of visiting them for Xmas one year when I was a kid...One week turned in to 2...that lake effect snow is not a myth! Come to think of of it.

Most of the lake effect is from just east of Cleveland, up to the PA line. That area is called the snow belt for a reason.

I'm on the other side of Cleveland. We only get lake effect when a low pressure cell passes just to our south, and causes the wind to come off the Lake from the NE...hence the term, nor-easter.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Tomlin's presser, Wheaton looks to be good to go this week as well as Wallace so...who is the odd man out?

OL is pretty easy...Finney most likely loses his helmet.

WR...I think all 5 will be active, TE...all 3 active, RB...all 3 active

LB...Matakevich?...He's been strong on ST. Fort?...He seems to be the go to guy when Shazier takes a breather or injured.

At this point I think it will be a LB, just not sure who.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the lake effect is from just east of Cleveland, up to the PA line. That area is called the snow belt for a reason.

I'm on the other side of Cleveland. We only get lake effect when a low pressure cell passes just to our south, and causes the wind to come off the Lake from the NE...hence the term, nor-easter.

Oh...I think that Rochester area is part of that...or should be.

We got hit by 2 nor-easters in our stint living in NJ...'93, and then '95...both dumped 30"+ on us and that was enough for my wife...moved to ATL in '96...thus my screen name...lol

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...I think that Rochester area is part of that...or should be.

We got hit by 2 nor-easters in our stint living in NJ...'93, and then '95...both dumped 30"+ on us and that was enough for my wife...moved to ATL in '96...thus my screen name...lol

If you mean Rochester, NY, I'd have to agree. Upstate NY has its own snow belt, running from the PA line up to Buffalo, then east, all the way to Watertown. They get lake effect from both Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. Anything north of the State Thruway can get buried, from November through April. Pretty country...I used to have relatives there...but I wouldn't want to live there in the winter.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you mean Rochester, NY, I'd have to agree. Upstate NY has its own snow belt, running from the PA line up to Buffalo, then east, all the way to Watertown. They get lake effect from both Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. Anything north of the State Thruway can get buried, from November through April. Pretty country...I used to have relatives there...but I wouldn't want to live there in the winter.

Yep...Rochester, NY...that Bear Mountain area in upstate NY is beautiful country as well.

We've been very pleased down here...I wouldn't mind going a little further south into the St Simons Island area, but pretty content right now.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are not as good as they look,
Steelers D is not as good as they have looked,
Steelers have lost 8 straight in Philly,

No lock here - either way.
I'm going to take the Eagles and the 4 points?????

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you don't lose too much on this game

I do not have a lot of confidence in this.....
If you get the win and don't cover - I'll be a genius.
If I lose by picking the team I expect to lose - I'll be an Idjut.....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Steelers... Digging themselves an early hole against inferior opponents

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That blocked FG essentially set the tone for the entire game... This is embarrassing

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes... That was an embarrasing, and thorough ass beating...

I hate to overreact, but I'm worried about Butler's schemes. I’m not going to stand by this stupid "defense gives up yards but not points so they are playing well" BS anymore. Through 3 games they have ONE sack. Butler is rushing 4 constantly and generating very little pressure. They now have corners that can play man, but instead they are playing very soft zones where they struggle. This defense is loaded with young talent and yet they are giving up THIRTY FOUR points to a rookie quarterback. That is completely inexcusable.

Butler certainly won't be in any danger of getting fired for many years to come. But he needs to be put on notice immediately. The performance of his scheme has been questionable so far this season, and today it was utterly unacceptable.

Again, probably overreacting... I hope that today was simply "one of those days" and we'll be laughing about it before long.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Steeler Nation.:suds:It's only 1 game. I still say you guys take the divison. I did not see this coming at all. The way Chip crippled us, it may not be as bad as expected.