• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wizenhunt Was Set on a 3-4

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Lions wanted to keep the 4-3.

2. A million more a year annually.

3. Titans have more cap space.

4. Whiz has ties to the Nashville area spending time at Vandy.

5. Wife is from the south.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6.) Lions are the Lions. When in doubt, they hire HCs no other team would even consider.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then there's this: The money was better.

There is a million reasons a year why Whisenhunt picked the Titans. When you have two teams to choose from and one offers you a million dollars more per year. You take the money.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Lions wanted to keep the 4-3.

Which makes Mayhew the dumbest GM in the NFL when he's got the owners private jet idling at the airport ready to go pick up a LIFETIME 3-4 HC! :L

What's done is done. It would be just like the Lions to fuck up and accidentally stumble into a great hire while trying to hire the wrong guy. So maybe this will all work out in the end. Probably not. But maybe.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which makes Mayhew the dumbest GM in the NFL when he's got the owners private jet idling at the airport ready to go pick up a LIFETIME 3-4 HC! :L

What's done is done. It would be just like the Lions to fuck up and accidentally stumble into a great hire while trying to hire the wrong guy. So maybe this will all work out in the end. Probably not. But maybe.

The Whisenhut debacle is not what pissed me off about the events that unfolded yesterday. The guy was a FA and allowed to pick his destination. It's not like he was the first FA to pick some other team over the Lions.

My problem is the total cluster fuck way the Lions handled this coach search. They dicked around with Lovie Smith. They never got involved with O'Brien because they waited to long to can Schwartz. They made the normal Rooney rule interview request and then they stalled.

They interviewed Kubiak and Munchak as after thoughts. Cable was, well he was then he wasn't, talked about. Bowles turned them down. And Gruden never got around to Detroit or was never a real interviewee. It was Whisenhut or bust for the Lions. And it was bust, panic time in Allen Park, and Mayhew just grabbed at Caldwell to end the train wreck.

If Mayhew would have just circle the wagons brought Caldwell in for a second interview, talked with Zimmer, inquired about Gase, Roman, Quinn, and leaked they were trying for a retired Cowher a real search with due diligence could be seen and then if they hired Caldwell it would not have been such a panic move. It would tell me they did get someone that was more qualified than a wider pool.

I do not believe Caldwell is more qualified than most of the names I mentioned. I think his offensive play calling was awful this year, 29th ranked Offense. I think Flacco regressed and was not a very good QB. Caldwell's career record without Manning speaks for itself, and when Indy brushed him out so quickly a so called QB guru when they were on the cusp of drafting Luck speaks volumes on the evaluations a successful organization did of him.

I stated before that Mayhew should have been fired when they let Schwartz go. I had zero faith in him conducting a coach search. It appears the only real qualification needed was Tony Dungy liked the guy.

The decision was made and he will call the shots. I hope I am wrong, I hope the Colts were wrong, I hope the Ravens were wrong, I hope all the other teams that passed on him as a head coach were wrong. But if I if not I sure hope this gets Mayhew out of town.