• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Wizards-Pacers Eastern Conference Semis

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
63 pts? Eeeuuhhhhh.

I didn't catch the game and it looks like I didn't miss anything.

You missed a team in disarray right now. Wall is playing like garbage and no one else can sink a basket. I can't believe we have fell so fast in a mere 2 games. Whitman should be questioning the heart and intensity of his team right now. They are much better than they are playing however, I don't see that burning desire to right the ship.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe its just the pressure and nerves from being at home in round 2 for the first time for this franchise in forever.

Hoping they'll shake it off tonight. If not I'd like to see Randy shake things up. Possibly sitting Beal and giving Webster more minutes.

Time for someone to step up

XXMRgqZ.png

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the 2nd time in a LONG time i'd say Wall looked scared to death. They should bounce back tonight.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe its just the pressure and nerves from being at home in round 2 for the first time for this franchise in forever.

Hoping they'll shake it off tonight. If not I'd like to see Randy shake things up. Possibly sitting Beal and giving Webster more minutes.

Time for someone to step up

XXMRgqZ.png

Very good to see their bench getting involved tonight. The way it should be. We didn't get to this point by relying merely on our starting five.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, we lost.

Now we have to win 3 in a row.

If anything... I hope lessons were learned from this series. Playoff experience is invaluable in the years to come.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats about it. Truly deflating loss tonight. I was at the Friday game and man that was a rough one. This was a tough one to swallow being that we were up 19 and looked to be back. Wall has killed us the past few games imo. He has reverted back to some of his old ways including getting no height or jump with his legs on jumpers. When he was nailing that earlier in the year he was jumping high on his shots. Anywho

Still proud of this team and I am curious to see how this team evolves during the offseason. Why cant we get Carmelo? Or KD in 2 years?

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wall has killed us the past few games imo. He has reverted back to some of his old ways including getting no height or jump with his legs on jumpers. When he was nailing that earlier in the year he was jumping high on his shots. Anywho

I think thats the result of having played 40 min a night during the playoffs, after playing 80+ regular season games. He just has dead legs.

Got good production off the bench on Sun night. However, that was first time in the playoffs Randy has given them an opportunity to play more the 5-10 min a game.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deflating loss last night. I think we are done at this point. Clearly we are the better team that can't finish. Having said that, the constant flopping and falling down by the Pacers, in particular Hibbert is enough to drive you nuts. George getting every call mean while, the Wiz can't buy a foul around the basket. It's pretty evident what the NBA wanted to see happen here.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^I don't wanna even think of that! lol

I just hope the Wiz can come out and show some verve the next game and steal it. It'd be good for their collective morale going into next season.. especially with how they played on their court during the regular season. (Two of our biggest losses coming there.)

I'm not ready to close the book just yet, but we've got a steep hill to climb.

Losing 2 games in a row on our home court.. gaaah!.. it still doesn't sit well with me.

Gotta just keep telling myself "it's an invaluable learning experience..."

And I think Krush is spot-on with Wall. He's been playing a HUGE chunk of minutes for a long time. Coaching needs to take a serious look at this as far as next season goes.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ The team clearly played better with Wall on the bench last game. He doesn't value the basketball, has far too many turnover's and honestly, he still can't knock down a consistent jumper. He is a liability right now if you ask me. Defensively Hill has far out played him and who would have thought that?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! That was the most impressive display by the Wizards since, well, since they became the Wizards. They won in dominating fashion and Gortat was huge. On to game 6.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's a new day and a new game tonight and we all know it's win or stay home.

But to just harken back on the last game for a sec, and remind everyone of how good it felt to come away with that win, here's a couple of reminders for the rest of the summer, no matter what happens...

STATS: Wizards and Marcin Gortat Make Rebounding History in Game 5 Victory | Truth About It.net

A 102-79, 23-point Wizards win in Game 5. Might as well been 30.

Hopefully such a shellacking doesn’t give Washington a false sense of confidence, which they had in Games 3 and 4, even though they lost Game 2.

Go figure, this playoff series.

Sixty-two (62!) rebounds for the Wizards … to just 23 for the Pacers. Marcin Gortat (16) and Bradley Beal (8) together out-rebounded the entire Indiana team.

A discrepancy of this nature has never happened (at least not where one team has 60-plus boards and the other team has 25 or less). Not in the regular season, not in the playoffs, according to the Basketball-Reference.com database, which contains rebounding numbers back to 1985-86. Twice a team has team out-rebounded its opponent 62-24—Denver over Detroit in 1995, and Utah over Charlotte in 2013.

A 39-rebound margin is a big deal. The biggest deal of Washington’s Game 5 win. Let’s dig into some numbers.

Facts.
•“The rebounding margin is tied for the third-largest in a playoff game.” —ESPN Stats & Info (Other top instances: Celtics +43 in 1960; Hawks +41 in 1971, Celtics +39 in 1960.)
•“Wizards finish with +39 rebound edge. That’s the largest by any NBA team in any game (reg season/playoffs) since NYK (+40) on March 7, 1992.” —@bball_ref

•Since 1985-86, the Wizards are one of only four teams to have a plus-39 or better rebounding margin in the playoffs or regular season (via Basketball-Reference.com).
•“The Pacers’ minus-39 rebounding margin was the second-largest differential in franchise history (minus-40 vs Warriors Nov. 8, 1980).” —Elias
•This is the ninth time that a Washington team, in the regular season or playoffs, has collected 62 or more rebounds—all instances in regular season (6-2 record), and only once have the Wizards been out-rebounded on these occasions (via Basketball-Reference.com).

^Wait, there was a game they had 62 rebounds and lost the game?! What the hell kind of crazy game was that? Turns out it was against the Ewing's Knicks in '91. The Knicks had total 66 rebounds in that game. (There was also a game in which the Wiz had 64 rebounds, as opposed to the opponent's 50, and they lost that game too... it was the Arenas/Hughes/Jamison era versus Iverson's Sixers in 2004.

Watching the game the other night, we all knew there were a few fortuitous bounces of the ball our way.. in some instances, several chances in a row. Still.. it was a lot of fun to see.

Won't be able to see tonight's game because of work, but I would looooove to find out later that we're making this series a lot more interesting than the Spurs-Trail Blazers and Heat-Nets series.

Do Washington proud, Wizards.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I find odd about this series....every game in DC starts at 8pm est so its 9pm central for Indiana....but every game in Indy has been 7pm est 6pm central......

Makes no sense

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go Wizards! I think the fans want this as bad as the team.