• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Wiz-Bulls Round 1 series

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT

And with a 4 pt lead so far.. if we escape with a win.. that's exactly what it'll feel like..

but still.. if we do... if we do... :drool:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in a game that featured atrocious free-throw shooting by the Wiz, we win a game with a missed free throw by Hinrich and a second deliberately-missed attempt in order to try to regain possession.

No go!

Wiz win in OT 101 - 99, lead the series 2-0!

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great game ... i thought we were out of it when we were down 75 to 85 in the 4th.

But the got into OT and Nene put the team on his back.

Such a momentum builder for the zards & confidence crusher for bulls.

Hope VC blows up on Friday.

you guys should join the Wizards live chat during the game

Social Hub | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE WASHINGTON WIZARDS

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had my doubts there too for a bit... but damn if they didn't pull themselves up by their bootstraps and eke out a win.

I would LOVE to hear VC go crazy.

It's been awhile.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about a roller coaster game. Never in my life as a fan has a Bullets/Wizards team had this much talent.

On a side note...to those that use to post on the old ESPn Wizards board....man do i wish that board was still up....so I could say SUCK IT to all those that bad mouthed this team since our last playoff appearance....All the know it alls whos ideas had they gone through would have hurt this team. All the crybabies who werent patient enough to wait for a rebuilding process to start and show and prove. I have been on board with this rebulding process from day one and not once have I wavered. We needed it in the worst way and were warned it would be a few years. People can say we started it wrong but without those picks and trades we wouldnt be where we are today.

GO ZARDS!

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. ejalorson or whatever his name was....he was the biggest know it all/complainer. He wanted us to take Gilchrist over Beal

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some game 2 twitter reaction

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]459263415400538112[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^Looking at some of those stats I was honestly surprised that only 20 teams have won the first 2 games of a best-of-7 series on the road. Granted, it's a huge feat for anyone, but I thought it would have been done a lot more often than 20 times.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about a roller coaster game. Never in my life as a fan has a Bullets/Wizards team had this much talent.

On a side note...to those that use to post on the old ESPn Wizards board....man do i wish that board was still up....so I could say SUCK IT to all those that bad mouthed this team since our last playoff appearance....All the know it alls whos ideas had they gone through would have hurt this team. All the crybabies who werent patient enough to wait for a rebuilding process to start and show and prove. I have been on board with this rebulding process from day one and not once have I wavered. We needed it in the worst way and were warned it would be a few years. People can say we started it wrong but without those picks and trades we wouldnt be where we are today.

GO ZARDS!

:laugh:

It's a good feeling, to be sure, that we're where we're at now because we did it the right way. Drafted a couple of key pieces and augmented with free-agency/trades... rather than the other way around. Wall's rookie year... I remember really being afraid that he was going to be disheartened and that it'd have a disastrous effect as the years went on if we didn't show improvement. Thankfully, that does not seem to be the case.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT'S GAMEDAY !!!!

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]458825410097475585[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

lol.. I know that face.

Also, holding the woman's purse while she wants to try something on.. yes, that will also elicit that same face. We know the cliché, and that will make the face even worse.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice little article in the Washington Post for those who didn't (or can't readily) read it...

Why the Washington Wizards appear to be peaking in NBA playoffs after up-and-down season - The Washington Post

Highlights (for me, atleast)...

John Wall’s game-clinching bounce pass to nowhere was still rolling when he completed an awkward, leaping chest bump with teammate Bradley Beal that would have been executed better had Wall not jumped so high. Wall then strutted off the United Center court, under the shadow of Michael Jordan’s six championship banners, when one stunned Chicago Bulls fan told him the Washington Wizards were “lucky” to claim a 101-99 overtime victory Tuesday and leave town with a two-games-to-none lead in this best-of-seven, first-round series.

Turning over his shoulder to spot the heckler, Wall shouted: “Ain’t no luck!”

Wall admitted earlier this month he thought the Wizards had underachieved during a 44-38 regular season. They let several winnable games slip through their grasp, losing 11 games in which they led by double digits.

“I feel like we could’ve been a 50-win team, to be honest,” Wall said, mentioning a win total that would’ve been good enough to claim the third seed.

“We get a lot of attention, me and Brad. Everybody say we probably one of the best young back courts,” Wall said. “But we know Nene is the X-factor to our team. He’s the reason why we go. Coming into this series, with anybody we played, we knew we needed Nene to be there for us, and he’s stepping up big in the first two games.”

The Wizards’ success in Chicago extended their growth this season in road games. They started 3-8 away from Verizon Center but finished the regular season 22-19 to tie with two-time defending champion Miami and Toronto for the best road record in the East. As the longest-tenured player on the roster, Wall has watched the progression from a team that went 19-96 on the road his first three seasons to one that relishes in silencing opposing crowds. He had reason to be upset someone would call this run lucky.

I gotta tell you guys, to see it like that.. 19-96 (!) ...that really shows where we've come from (especially Wall) and where we're going.

Ain't no luck!!

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get a chance to see the game, but .. wellll... that could've gone a bit better at the end there. I'd be the last one to talk about a moment of hotheadedness not being ideal to the bigger picture. It happens. It's over. We'll see what the league says about it as far as Sunday's game.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]460368859510235136[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot this was the real early game so I missed it.. love how Booker stepped in and made an impact. And what can we say about Ariza's big game today? Nice.

That's the great thing about this team. A couple of players can have a subpar game and we're still in it. We can get contributions from just about anybody. When everyone is on their game... we can play with anyone.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
game four twitter reaction

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]460601940486152192[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there yesterday. Great game. I was really pulling for the sweep so I could see the confetti drop but it was still an awesome time.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it safe to start looking for a banner for Chicago's board???
images

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]461097942770667520[/MEDIA]"][/ame]