• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With Rogers under center... Are Jets Legit Contenders?

Contender or Pretender

• Contender

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Pretender

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have him in two out of three leagues as depth/lottery ticket type. Watson has a history of throwing to slot receivers.
Like who?
My bro is pretty slick and he took Watson and Moore last night in our big league. I neglected them both in every draft on purpose. I have chubb and cooper instead on one team and grabbed cooper last night.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whether they are going to be contenders or not makes this WEEK ONE GAME vs the bills a MUST WIN....

its weird to call the first game of the season a MUST WIN game... but this is!!!

being half serious.... if the Jets do Lose i want Saleh Fired....

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in the greater NY area now, and you would not believe the hype levels here for the Jets. People are really buying in to this idea that the Jets are going to be good, fueled by Hard Knocks and ESPN hype. Aaron Rodgers bought a house not too far from me, a giant modern mansion for $6 million, which has been the buzz locally. My prediction is that they will get off to a pretty strong start, hype will grow even more, and they will crash to earth by season's end and either miss the playoffs or lose in the first round.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is Super Bowl Contender until week 8.

OR until their QB has a four week stay in the tub.

As is the case every year. The teams that make it to January with the least number of injuries will be in the showdown playoffs.

Right now, Texans and Cardinals are contenders.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in the greater NY area now, and you would not believe the hype levels here for the Jets. People are really buying in to this idea that the Jets are going to be good, fueled by Hard Knocks and ESPN hype. Aaron Rodgers bought a house not too far from me, a giant modern mansion for $6 million, which has been the buzz locally. My prediction is that they will get off to a pretty strong start, hype will grow even more, and they will crash to earth by season's end and either miss the playoffs or lose in the first round.
The Jets are the 3rd best team in NY.

There, I said it.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets are the 3rd best team in NY.

There, I said it.

This is what I think. I believe people are sleeping on the Giants by comparison, who were a playoff team last year under a first-year coach in Daboll and appear to have significantly improved their receiving corps and tight end situation.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I think. I believe people are sleeping on the Giants by comparison, who were a playoff team last year under a first-year coach in Daboll and appear to have significantly improved their receiving corps and tight end situation.
The problem every team in the NFC East has is that every team in the NFC East appears to be (at the very least) decent this year.

The Eagles are absolutely stacked.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem every team in the NFC East has is that every team in the NFC East appears to be (at the very least) decent this year.

Methinks the NFC East is going to be the best division in the game by far. I think both Philly and Dallas win at least 12 games a piece and NY wins 10 games and gets in as a wild card again.
I could see Washington being worse than most would expect though.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Jets beat the Bills on Monday night, would that be more of a statement game for the Jets or a disappointment for the Bills? Tough division where anyone can come out as the winner.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree here in ny the hype is unbelievable. They all have them penciled in the Super Bowl already. But all seriousness I really hope he does help the team improve

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hodgins is still the #1. Waller is injury prone and past his prime. If they pass better its because Jones finally developed.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm stoked for the Eagles this year. Fingers crossed that Hurtz plays up to his contract.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Jets do beat the Bills on Monday, the hype will be ridiculous but it really won't mean much in the big picture. The two teams split last year and the Jets played the Bills tough. On the other hand, if the Bills were to come in and blow the Jets out, the vultures will already be out in the NYC media. Not expecting that, however but a terrible start will amp up the pressure and the diva will be piling up bodies for the bus to run over.
The Jets still need to win 11 games to have a shot at a WC spot, imo and that won't be easy. Even 11 wins might come down to tiebreakers in the AFC this year and an 11 win team could be left out. It's potato salad until it ain't.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This pic is screaming for some Ps.

sanchez-buttfumble.jpg