• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wisconsin at Arizona State Game Thread

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so.

Want to make an avi bet? Next time the situation occurs if he takes it upon himself to spot the ball, you win. If he gives the ball to the official I win.

Ha, no way. That dude has probably lost all faith in officials thanks to the special ed All-Stars that the Pac trotted out for that game. I know you are trying to do everything to blame everyone else more than the idiot refs on the field, but the entire rest of the world disagrees. Clearly they all had no idea what they were doing and now they're going to be reprimanded.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your coach and qb have said they erred in the handling of the play. Stave himself said he should have given the ball to the ref instead of taking it upon himself to spot it.

So they do bare some of the responsibility. By their own admission.

Not as much as the officials though, especially the replay booth.
"Especially the replay booth" is a cop out from an obvious Pac-12 homer.

Why don't you listen to your own home town paper?

"Nobody should feel good about Wisconsin-ASU ending"

Late Monday morning, the Pac-12 Conference announced a reprimand and sanctions for the officials who worked (at least until the last 18 seconds) the Wisconsin-Arizona State game Saturday night. That’s a crew headed by referee Jack Folliard.

The action certifies what we all could have sensed by looking live at the finish, and at replays:

Wisconsin got jobbed.

Not only does the finish taint the ASU victory, it dulls what had been a nice day for the Pac-12, which got a convincing victory from UCLA at Nebraska and Washington’s win against Illinois.

Safe to say, the night had a good chance of not ending with an ASU victory over the Badgers if it had been officiated correctly.

Nobody should feel good about Wisconsin-ASU ending . . . | Pac-12 Confidential | Seattle Times

Yes, ASU won the game. But as this guy says, it's definitely a tainted victory.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, no way..

Didn't think so.

I know you are trying to do everything to blame everyone else more than the idiot refs on the field

You don't know anything. I've repeatedly stated the field refs should be fired. They bare a large part of the responsibility, arguably the majority of it. However that does not excuse the error of the replay booth. Pereria was wrong. The entire scenario was reviewable. Again, teach B1G replay officials the rules, and these things might not happen.

Clearly they all had no idea what they were doing and now they're going to be reprimanded.
Clearly, after the fact. Thats why we have replay so they can address egregious errors by the field crew. The B1G controlled replay booth is just as much if not more at fault than the pac crew.

So recognize that fact and call for reprimands/sanctions on them as well.

Then this thread can finally die the death it so deserves.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem, Iron, is that each of you little OAC homers has a different objective. You... You'll be happy pretending to have the message board high road no matter what is said. Other people are still pretending it wasn't a screw job.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't think so.

Did you not read the rest of the explanation, fool?

You don't know anything. I've repeatedly stated the field refs should be fired. They bare a large part of the responsibility, arguably the majority of it. However that does not excuse the error of the replay booth. Pereria was wrong. The entire scenario was reviewable. Again, teach B1G replay officials the rules, and these things might not happen.

... Or just teach your retarded PAC officials how to do anything right at all, and this won't happen. Basically your argument is "teach your replay officials how to clean up after our developmentally disabled crews and you won't have to worry about this anymore.

Clearly, after the fact. Thats why we have replay so they can address egregious errors by the field crew. The B1G controlled replay booth is just as much if not more at fault than the pac crew.

So recognize that fact and call for reprimands/sanctions on them as well.

Then this thread can finally die the death it so deserves.

So... the field officials are arguably the majority at fault, yet the B1G booth is more at fault? Do you know how to use our language? There's nothing to recognize except that the PAC field officials fucked Wisconsin out of a win. It isn't just me or the Bucky fans saying it. Flip on ESPN, dude. You're just flat out wrong here.

Bye now

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ forkem You're a disgraceful person who wishes malice upon your opponents.You deserve nothing but a thumbs down and ignore.

Be grateful I acknowledged you this one time to explain that.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... the field officials are arguably the majority at fault, yet the B1G booth is more at fault? Do you know how to use our language? There's nothing to recognize except that the PAC field officials fucked Wisconsin out of a win. It isn't just me or the Bucky fans saying it. Flip on ESPN, dude. You're just flat out wrong here.Bye now

Yes arguably. As the argument can be made. However in my view indeed whoever is in control of the replay is more at fault. In this case that would be the B1G.

..indeed I do know the English language. Do you know comprehension?

Good riddance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, even officiating experts say Stave did NOTHING wrong. Why can't the fake uw fans get this through their dull heads?

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game still being played? What's the score? How much time is left?

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sucks is we'll probably have to wait until October for Washington fans to shut up after they drop 3 straight...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sucks is we'll probably have to wait until October for Washington fans to shut up after they drop 3 straight...

What's worse than that is listening to cheeseheads whine about the whole charade and failing to acknowledge their officials in the replay booth could have made it all right.

One of the presented scenarios is fact and in motion the other is speculation by a butthurt cheesehead.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game still being played? What's the score? How much time is left?

16atrp2.jpg

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, no way. That dude has probably lost all faith in officials thanks to the special ed All-Stars that the Pac trotted out for that game. I know you are trying to do everything to blame everyone else more than the idiot refs on the field, but the entire rest of the world disagrees. Clearly they all had no idea what they were doing and now they're going to be reprimanded.

We'll take note, Sox. The B1G found a way to lose three Rose Bowls so they are good at losing games without help. Why don't you concentrate on staying off probation long enough so you can send a better team to the Rose Bowl? Won't change the results though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll take note, Sox. The B1G found a way to lose three Rose Bowls so they are good at losing games without help. Why don't you concentrate on staying off probation long enough so you can send a better team to the Rose Bowl? Won't change the results though.

Team Pac12 is on a fucking roll....:laugh3:

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if anybody saw Sportscenter this morning, but Coach Andersen addressed what happened. He basically said,

"Let's all be clear. Stave took the knee. The refs blew it dead because they saw him take a knee. At that moment, Joel put the ball down because that makes the process quicker. At the time, there were no referees next to him and he would have had to flip the ball a long ways to them. That takes time."

It couldn't be more clear. If you guys want to blame the victim, go ahead. We didn't break any rules. It wasn't remotely foreseeable that putting the ball on the ground would cost us fifteen seconds. We were owed a chance for a field goal. I don't know that we make it, but I feel pretty confident saying it was more likely than not.

In my mind, it's an asterisk. ASU is a great team. Taylor Kelly was the best player in the game besides Melvin. Had you not had so many drops or the bad special teams error, you probably would have won. But

that was a mistake you guys made on the field. I just wish we were given the opportunity to lose because of how we played on the field.

Let's be clear. He took too much time.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Especially the replay booth" is a cop out from an obvious Pac-12 homer.

Why don't you listen to your own home town paper?

Nobody should feel good about Wisconsin-ASU ending . . . | Pac-12 Confidential | Seattle Times

Yes, ASU won the game. But as this guy says, it's definitely a tainted victory.

Maybe, but it would have been a more tainted victory if it gone the other way. The pollsters didn't feel sorry for anyone, dropping Wisky out of the top 25 right now.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I listen to my supposed home town paper? They do nothing but put forth their opinion.

Why don't you listen to your coach and Stave???

The simple fact is the B1G had the replay booth and could have fixed everything. The only conference homers in this thread are from the B1G, sox etc.

I fully acknowledge the field officials poor job. (spoon feeding in progress, once again).

What's incomprehensible to me is that cheeseheads and B1G conference homers like sox won't even admit the B1G screwed the pooch as well.

It's not like they did a good job anyway when they were called upon, so its no wonder they messed up their responsibility to correct egregious errors made by the field crew.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but it would have been a more tainted victory if it gone the other way. The pollsters didn't feel sorry for anyone, dropping Wisky out of the top 25 right now.
The AP voters didn't drop Wisconsin out of the top 25. Just the coaches, who don't actually watch any games and shouldn't be voting anyway. The coaches poll is bullshit and always has been.