• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Window offically closed.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you feel that most of your injuries/suspensions have been on your O side of the ball, we will have to agree to disagree about that.
SF is not alone with health along the OL. Take a look at Seattle and I bet we have been damaged at least as much as your team. Our RG and RT (rookie) are the 2 positions that have been relatively healthy. 2 weeks ago we had to start our #4 C, Patrick Lewis who we claimed after Jax waived him. Jacksonville!:doh:

btw - he said we've also had injuries on O, cause you implied it was only on D. He did not mean our O was the major side with injuries.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw - he said we've also had injuries on O, cause you implied it was only on D. He did not mean our O was the major side with injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattersonca65
The injuries have been significant. I was hoping the team could get healthy as the season progressed but it wasn't meant to be. I still think something is bothering Vernon Davis and bet it is his back. I know he is getting older, but think there is more to this dramatic fall off.

No doubt, but SF's injuries/suspensions have mostly been on the D side. In fact, my guess is your team hasn't lost very much regarding injuries to offensive players.
IMO, injuries are not what is causing the poor offensive results.

No big, but I did not imply that. I agreed that injuries were significant but they are not what is causing the O to be unproductive. Look at the players that are suited up and playing. SF still has lots of offensive weapons available.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Quote:
The injuries have been significant. I was hoping the team could get healthy as the season progressed but it wasn't meant to be. I still think something is bothering Vernon Davis and bet it is his back. I know he is getting older, but think there is more to this dramatic fall off.

No doubt, but SF's injuries/suspensions have mostly been on the D side. In fact, my guess is your team hasn't lost very much regarding injuries to offensive players.

No big, but I did not imply that. I agreed that injuries were significant but they are not what is causing the O to be unproductive. Look at the players that are suited up and playing. SF still has lots of offensive weapons available.

yes, our O-line injuries are not the bigger problems on O.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:

Injuries are not what is causing poor offensive results? You don't watch all the 49er games. The oline has barely been together all year. Anyone who has watched the 49er oline play this year can see the oline play has been anywhere from bad to downright awful at times. You can have all kinds of weapons, but they aren't much good without decent protection up front. Vernon Davis has been banged up this year. He hurt his back and while it isn't being reported, he obviously is still bothered by it. Kendall Hunter was lost for the year. Both of our backup tight ends have been injured, one is still out. Crabtree hasn't missed time, but he has been dealing with injuries. It doesn't explain all the bad play and some of Kaerpnick's issues, but it has affected offensive production

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are not what is causing poor offensive results? You don't watch all the 49er games. The oline has barely been together all year. Anyone who has watched the 49er oline play this year can see the oline play has been anywhere from bad to downright awful at times. You can have all kinds of weapons, but they aren't much good without decent protection up front. Vernon Davis has been banged up this year. He hurt his back and while it isn't being reported, he obviously is still bothered by it. Kendall Hunter was lost for the year. Both of our backup tight ends have been injured, one is still out. Crabtree hasn't missed time, but he has been dealing with injuries. It doesn't explain all the bad play and some of Kaerpnick's issues, but it has affected offensive production

That's all true, but injuries are one of two things that we are better off not complaining about. The other one is poor officiating.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all true, but injuries are one of two things that we are better off not complaining about. The other one is poor officiating.

Complaining about the officials is something entirely different. Injuries have affected this team this year. Not complaining, it is what it is. Injuries can be a big factor in the NFL. teams that win super bowls tend to be lucky in that department and are relatively healthy during the playoff run. Some teams are unlucky and can never stay healthy. For the 49ers, they were fortunate in 2011 and 2012. This year, the team just can't stay healthy. It just isn't our year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just wasn't our year with A. Smith missing 9 games and all these injuries. Only positive is if we can some how win out we have a fighting chance. Arizona looks like they might be done.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just wasn't our year with A. Smith missing 9 games and all these injuries. Only positive is if we can some how win out we have a fighting chance. Arizona looks like they might be done.

The defense actually has played well even with all the injuries and off the field turmoil. The offense has struggled tremendously and have not performed. The OL has been terrible, thus no running lanes and lack of pass protection. Play-calling has been horrible and Kap has regressed this year. It's amazing the Niners are
7-5.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense actually has played well even with all the injuries and off the field turmoil. The offense has struggled tremendously and have not performed. The OL has been terrible, thus no running lanes and lack of pass protection. Play-calling has been horrible and Kap has regressed this year. It's amazing the Niners are
7-5.

The defense has played remarkedly well and above expectations considering all the injuries and suspensions. Defense has not been the problem.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense has played remarkedly well and above expectations considering all the injuries and suspensions. Defense has not been the problem.

I agree. It's the offense that's the problem and it starts with Roman and the failure of the offensive players to execute. Obviously, Kap's performance this season has played a major part of the offensive woes of the Niners.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 games back with 4 to play. It is still possible, especially since we play the 2 teams ahead of us. The Seahawks still have problems. If we had anything resembling an offense we had a pretty good chance to win that game and the Cards seem to be declining with a brutal schedule remaining. Our Schedule is pretty brutal too, but I wouldnt be shocked if we control our own destiny going into the final game against the Cards.

The Offensive players and coaches know that they are being heavily criticized and that they are being backed against the wall. If they have any pride left and i think this group is not short on pride by any means, I expect to see them come out hot over the next couple games at least.

With the Cardinals loss a new hope has awakened in me. The fan in me wont let me give up hope yet.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 games back with 4 to play. It is still possible, especially since we play the 2 teams ahead of us. The Seahawks still have problems. If we had anything resembling an offense we had a pretty good chance to win that game and the Cards seem to be declining with a brutal schedule remaining. Our Schedule is pretty brutal too, but I wouldnt be shocked if we control our own destiny going into the final game against the Cards.

The Offensive players and coaches know that they are being heavily criticized and that they are being backed against the wall. If they have any pride left and i think this group is not short on pride by any means, I expect to see them come out hot over the next couple games at least.

With the Cardinals loss a new hope has awakened in me. The fan in me wont let me give up hope yet.

The offense has been MIA most of the season. That is wishful thinking. I do hope the Niners run the table, but I'm a realist. There is no chance in hell that they win in Seattle. Seattle has problems, but their Dline is so much better than the Niners' Oline. I do not think the Niners are capable to sustain a long drive against the Seahawks. Niners' only chance to win will be the defense scoring a TD and setting up another for the offense to have a short field. I will not be shocked if the Niners finish the season 9 - 7 (losing to Seattle and San Diego). The Chargers are not a great team, but at least they can score. Rivers is better than Kap, that's a no brainer.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense has been MIA most of the season. That is wishful thinking. I do hope the Niners run the table, but I'm a realist. There is no chance in hell that they win in Seattle. Seattle has problems, but their Dline is so much better than the Niners' Oline. I do not think the Niners are capable to sustain a long drive against the Seahawks. Niners' only chance to win will be the defense scoring a TD and setting up another for the offense to have a short field. I will not be shocked if the Niners finish the season 9 - 7 (losing to Seattle and San Diego). The Chargers are not a great team, but at least they can score. Rivers is better than Kap, that's a no brainer.

The thing that give me confidence is that in the case of the Seahawks and Cardinals we know that it will be a defensive battle and both teams like the 49ers will struggle offensively. Which means that we will have a chance to win those games.
Honestly, i dont expect our offense to be as bad as they were Thursday because it is really, really difficult to be that bad. Throw in the fact that they will probably have a fire under their asses and a full week to prepare and with all of the criticism they have received through the week, no way they come out flat!

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that give me confidence is that in the case of the Seahawks and Cardinals we know that it will be a defensive battle and both teams like the 49ers will struggle offensively. Which means that we will have a chance to win those games.
Honestly, i dont expect our offense to be as bad as they were Thursday because it is really, really difficult to be that bad. Throw in the fact that they will probably have a fire under their asses and a full week to prepare and with all of the criticism they have received through the week, no way they come out flat!

I hope you are right. I just think the Niners OL is not physical and quick enough against the Seahawks. If the Niners cannot run the ball, there is no way Kap can lead the Niners to a win at Seattle. Ryan Fitzpatrick of the Texans has more TD passes than Kap and he was benched for a couple of games. That's how inept the offense of the Niners has been all season.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We will beat the Raiders for KC and KC can return the favor for us. KC has been prtty good to us - 2 second rounders, a win, getting Oaklands obligatory one win out of the way, beating Seattle and the Rams, and hopefully the Cardinals. Or at least tie. KC might want us to lose so that Oakland doesn't get the first pick of the draft, but screw that. We'll help them out against the Chargers.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope you are right. I just think the Niners OL is not physical and quick enough against the Seahawks. If the Niners cannot run the ball, there is no way Kap can lead the Niners to a win at Seattle. Ryan Fitzpatrick of the Texans has more TD passes than Kap and he was benched for a couple of games. That's how inept the offense of the Niners has been all season.

this season they weren't physical and quick enough against anyone, no matter the reasons. it showed worse against the Seahawks who have a tough DL.

it is tough to run against the Seahawks, but we can't abandon it either. I'd try Hyde half the time next game, if not more? this way we can add a few 'outside' runs, not 'sweeps' but just outside the OT's. wouldn't make sense to run EVERYTHING between the tackles.

the offense also needs to work on short patterns, pick plays cause our receivers aren't quick.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle loses to Eagles and Arizona loses and we win and beat both we are good. Outside shot but you never know. Plus if Dallas craps out or Lions we are good.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seattle loses to Eagles and Arizona loses and we win and beat both we are good. Outside shot but you never know. Plus if Dallas craps out or Lions we are good.

the bottom line is the 49ers winning their own games. everything else plays out only AFTER we win our games.

we pay way too much attention to whom other teams might lose to.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear ya, its gunna be a struggle. Kaep needs to focus on just managing these upcoming games, not trying to win them for us.
After all we are 7-4 and thats not a bad record at this point of the year. This year things are different I know, but we have been there in the past with this group of players. There is still reason for hope.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will beat the Raiders for KC and KC can return the favor for us. KC has been prtty good to us - 2 second rounders, a win, getting Oaklands obligatory one win out of the way, beating Seattle and the Rams, and hopefully the Cardinals. Or at least tie. KC might want us to lose so that Oakland doesn't get the first pick of the draft, but screw that. We'll help them out against the Chargers.

Cheers to that! :suds: