• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Window offically closed.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a trap game at all. This team doesn't beat other teams handily. Ever. All games we've won have been a battle. If we lose to the raiders it's because they beat us, not because we've overlooked them. We're just not good enough to overlook anyone.

I agree with you. If we were 11-1 or 10-2, then yeah, this could be a trap game, but we're fighting for our playoff lives right now and can't overlook anyone.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Window is wide open. Im not worried. Maybe after making it deep in the playoffs for the last years plus the injuries caught up. Also no we have had injuries on the Oline.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many teams have been in this situation and run the table. It's not over until the 9ers are deemed ou of the playoffs. Then we can see what changes can be made. For all I know in 4 weeks we will be discussing the playoffs or draft picks.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
darken65;5950659[I said:
]Many teams have been in this situation and run the table. It's not over until the 9ers are deemed ou of the playoffs. Then we can see what changes can be made. For all I know in 4 weeks we will be discussing the playoffs or draft picks[/I].

Quite true.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant remember the last time things went to shit so fast after one game, the next 4 weeks will definitely show what this team is made of, do they come out with a fire in there belly's or will they say fuck it and just go through the motions for the rest of the season.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best scenario for the Niners wll be 10 -6 record. They have no shot in Seattle. Seahawks are a better team and it starts with the QB. Kap has struggled most of the season due to poor OL play. Kap also hasn't improved on his reads, accuracy, and lacks pocket awareness. I would tend to agree that the window is closing fast. Gore is past his prime, VD is on the decline, Niners have not developed any young receivers, and Kap's play has regressed. It could be a rebuilding season next year.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant remember the last time things went to shit so fast after one game, the next 4 weeks will definitely show what this team is made of, do they come out with a fire in there belly's or will they say fuck it and just go through the motions for the rest of the season.
Take the blinders off. This was not just after one game.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best scenario for the Niners wll be 10 -6 record. They have no shot in Seattle. Seahawks are a better team and it starts with the QB. Kap has struggled most of the season due to poor OL play. Kap also hasn't improved on his reads, accuracy, and lacks pocket awareness. I would tend to agree that the window is closing fast. Gore is past his prime, VD is on the decline, Niners have not developed any young receivers, and Kap's play has regressed. It could be a rebuilding season next year.

Best case would be that somehow spark on the offense and run the table. Seattle has shown they can be beat at home. Just wishfull thinking as far as that goes and I can't argue with anything else you posted here except the rebuilding comment. This team has some great talent for the future . They just need leaders.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Take the blinders off. This was not just after one game.

Couldn't agree more, this is just another notch on the low lights belt. We were lucky to come out with victories over NYG and Wash. Losing to Stl and Chi as well added salt to the wound given the way it happened. Overall this team has come into the season underprepared and don't seem to have any creativity answers. This offense isn't competitive at all, it's our D that has kept us in games. So in the next 4 weeks unless we see a philosophical change on offense we will likely be discussing draft picks.

Note that this is all my opinion and yes part of it is still in frustration to not only the loss to Sea but the poor showing. Take it for what its worth.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything was fine we won like 3 games in a row. its 1 game. They will be fine. I expect them to Finish 10-6 and miss the playoffs. Next year we will be back.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything was fine we won like 3 games in a row. its 1 game. They will be fine. I expect them to Finish 10-6 and miss the playoffs. Next year we will be back.

The eight division format really screws over some good teams. Oh well. Maybe the team needs the rest anyway after going deep into the playoffs three years in a row.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The eight division format really screws over some good teams. Oh well. Maybe the team needs the rest anyway after going deep into the playoffs three years in a row.

:agree:

We had a pretty solid run at being a championship level team. Every team has it's ups and downs. Must kinda suck being a Giants fan. The team didn't amount to much after winning the Superbowl. I'm hopeful that a few changes, tweaks, and some luck will get the Niners back in playoff shape.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best case would be that somehow spark on the offense and run the table. Seattle has shown they can be beat at home. Just wishfull thinking as far as that goes and I can't argue with anything else you posted here except the rebuilding comment. This team has some great talent for the future . They just need leaders.

I hope they run the table, but it's going to be tough in Seattle. Dallas and Kansas City were able to run the ball and at this time, Charles and Murray are both at their prime. Their OL are also better than the Niners. Both Romo and Smith also did not throw any interceptions. Seahawks are able to stack the box because of their corners. They believe that Kap cannot succeed against them by passing. After last year's NFC championship game, Kap insisted that he would throw Sherman's way again. Well he did last Thursday and Sherman intercepted him twice. I really question Kap's IQ especially he plays the QB position. I do agree that the Niners do have young talent especially on the defensive side and the defense will continue to be strong. We will see what the Niners are made of after these next four games. They have leaders on the defensive side, but I don't see Kap as a leader. That's just my opinion.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No its not. Stop it. U guys are crazy. We are still a young team with a lot of talent. We had a lot of injuries this year

The injuries have been significant. I was hoping the team could get healthy as the season progressed but it wasn't meant to be. I still think something is bothering Vernon Davis and bet it is his back. I know he is getting older, but think there is more to this dramatic fall off.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injuries have been significant. I was hoping the team could get healthy as the season progressed but it wasn't meant to be. I still think something is bothering Vernon Davis and bet it is his back. I know he is getting older, but think there is more to this dramatic fall off.

No doubt, but SF's injuries/suspensions have mostly been on the D side. In fact, my guess is your team hasn't lost very much regarding injuries to offensive players.
IMO, injuries are not what is causing the poor offensive results.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, but SF's injuries/suspensions have mostly been on the D side. In fact, my guess is your team hasn't lost very much regarding injuries to offensive players.
IMO, injuries are not what is causing the poor offensive results.

Actually not true. The oline has been banged up all season and has been a revolving door of in and out linemen. We have a rookie center who hasn't even played half a season and missed the preseason. A Davis has missed over half the season. The line play has been subpar this year. I can't blame them for this week's loss but they have had a big part in this year's struggles.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

whoa, wouldn't go this far. there will still be good players on this team, but it is more the "chemistry" that will be lost. maybe 'chemistry' is not the right description..........that big "momentum swing" from 2011 - generated by Harbaugh - will be diminished.

doesn't mean this team will go downhill fast, but sometimes it goes your way (this season it is with Arizona and Dallas), and sometimes it just doesn't. here are two examples of not going our way:

1. Wilson scrambles and without being touched, loses the ball. It bounces the right way so he is able to recover it himself.

2. the Seattle Punter inexplicably bobbles the snap, but we didn't have anyone in his area. BTW - the replay showed an illegal man downfield, so we didn't even get a re-punt.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Actually not true. The oline has been banged up all season and has been a revolving door of in and out linemen. We have a rookie center who hasn't even played half a season and missed the preseason. A Davis has missed over half the season. The line play has been subpar this year. I can't blame them for this week's loss but they have had a big part in this year's struggles.

No question the O-line is a big factor, how can it not be with five of eleven offensive players.

Boone struggled too when he returned to the line-up.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you feel that most of your injuries/suspensions have been on your O side of the ball, we will have to agree to disagree about that.
SF is not alone with health along the OL. Take a look at Seattle and I bet we have been damaged at least as much as your team. Our RG and RT (rookie) are the 2 positions that have been relatively healthy. 2 weeks ago we had to start our #4 C, Patrick Lewis who we claimed after Jax waived him. Jacksonville!:doh:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you feel that most of your injuries/suspensions have been on your O side of the ball, we will have to agree to disagree about that.
SF is not alone with health along the OL. Take a look at Seattle and I bet we have been damaged at least as much as your team. Our RG and RT (rookie) are the 2 positions that have been relatively healthy. 2 weeks ago we had to start our #4 C, Patrick Lewis who we claimed after Jax waived him. Jacksonville!:doh:

we've had injuries on the O-line (Kilgore and A. Davis), but the bigger injuries/suspension have definitely occurred on D. Bowman, A. Smith, and Willis are obvious, but Brock got hurt early too. in either case, not so sure we've beaten Seattle on Thursday anyway, our big problem is on O (yeah doh!), with or without our starting linemen.

all teams have injuries so it isn't an excuse. injuries occur and some worse than others in the short term. but in the larger picture it happens when it happens, not a good excuse.