• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Islanders Ever be Good Again?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And somehow he is the longest tenured coach in the Metropolitan Division.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn. I want all the wins they can get, but I feel the Isles are down 1 goal before the game even starts because of Capuano. I have no idea who they'd replace him with or if it's true. I'd be surprised if they did anything before they get home from the West Coast, but you never know.

For whatever reason, the guy just cannot get his players ready for a game. I know exactly what you are talking about when you feel like they are down 1 goal before the game even starts.

Last season they made a big move about this time and it was a mistake. If he makes a move on the coaching staff, I just pray Garth make the right move. Blysma is the obvious guy out there but is he the right guy? My opinion is they missed the boat completely by not firing Capuano before the season and getting Laviolette back.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever reason, the guy just cannot get his players ready for a game. I know exactly what you are talking about when you feel like they are down 1 goal before the game even starts.

Last season they made a big move about this time and it was a mistake. If he makes a move on the coaching staff, I just pray Garth make the right move. Blysma is the obvious guy out there but is he the right guy? My opinion is they missed the boat completely by not firing Capuano before the season and getting Laviolette back.

I wanted Trotz. I'm not sold on Bylsma. He had two of the best players in the World & could only win 1 cup. Every year the Pens don't win the Cup it's one more year Crosby & Malkin lose in their careers. Of the guys out their I guess he'd be the obvious choice. I wouldn't be opposed to Jacques Martin I guess. I just hope it's not Weight or Cronin. I want somebody who has NHL head coaching experience & has won something before. Unfortunately I think I'm probably asking for to much.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Trotz. I'm not sold on Bylsma. He had two of the best players in the World & could only win 1 cup. Every year the Pens don't win the Cup it's one more year Crosby & Malkin lose in their careers. Of the guys out their I guess he'd be the obvious choice. I wouldn't be opposed to Jacques Martin I guess. I just hope it's not Weight or Cronin. I want somebody who has NHL head coaching experience & has won something before. Unfortunately I think I'm probably asking for to much.

Asking for anything logical from the Isles organization is always asking for too much. Yeah, I'm 100% worried it'll be Doug Weight. Yikes.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asking for anything logical from the Isles organization is always asking for too much. Yeah, I'm 100% worried it'll be Doug Weight. Yikes.

I'd rather wait until the end of the season if Weight is the choice right now. Go after Babcock from the Wings. His contract is up at the end of the year.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had schadenfreuede overload when I saw the Avs - Isles score last night...

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had schadenfreuede overload when I saw the Avs - Isles score last night...

12 Isles players recored a point last night.

What's funny is the Isles outshot Colorado 43-20 in Denver to start their 5 game road trip. They just couldn't score & lost 5-0.

One interesting note on the Avs is in even years they tend to suck. 2009 draft they picked 3rd. In 2011 they picked 2nd. In 2013 they picked 1st. Could one of the top 2 picks be headed their way?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's funny is the Isles outshot Colorado 43-20 in Denver to start their 5 game road trip. They just couldn't score & lost 5-0.

One interesting note on the Avs is in even years they tend to suck. 2009 draft they picked 3rd. In 2011 they picked 2nd. In 2013 they picked 1st. Could one of the top 2 picks be headed their way?

Interesting. That means that, by my math, they pick 0th in 2015.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All this and JT is barely at a point per game clip.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I would bump this up for faithful Isles friend, Puck

15-6 good for 30 pts
4, 5th best in the league?

Nice to see the boys on the Island relevant again.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I would bump this up for faithful Isles friend, Puck

15-6 good for 30 pts
4, 5th best in the league?

Nice to see the boys on the Island relevant again.

Thank you kind sir....the team is ho-humming along. What a difference a couple of defensemen and a good goalie can do for a team!! I know they had a bunch of good acquisitions but I absolutely love what Kulemin and Leddy bring to the team.

I'm trying to not get too excited but it's been so damn long since we had a team this good.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also eating a ton of crow on Capuano. The guy has made some good decisions so far this season on the personnel.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you kind sir....the team is ho-humming along. What a difference a couple of defensemen and a good goalie can do for a team!! I know they had a bunch of good acquisitions but I absolutely love what Kulemin and Leddy bring to the team.

I'm trying to not get too excited but it's been so damn long since we had a team this good.

No worries my friend. You and your team are deserving. Some tough years the franchise and the loyal fans have gone through. Let's hope it's all up from here.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also eating a ton of crow on Capuano. The guy has made some good decisions so far this season on the personnel.

I can't comment as I haven't really been able to watch and follow the team (haven't bought the Center Ice package yet). But I trust in your judgment.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked those dynasty years of the Isles, some good Western Canadian boys on those teams (Trottier, Gillies, Duane and Brent Sutter, Bob Bourne etc.). Great start to the season and I hope it continues.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish the Isles had different announcers. They're a fun team to watch but Howie Rose is tough to listen to on a hockey broadcast.