• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Philly trade Foles once Wentz returns?

Would Philly trade Foles in this situation?

• They would keep him as the backup

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • They would be willing to trade him for a fair deal

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • They would be willing to trade him, but only if another team overpays significantly

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be clear, Philly is set on Wentz as "the guy", and they are right to feel that way.

But let's say Foles plays well again for 2-4 games. Then Wentz returns before the trade deadline and appears to have returned to form. Does Philly entertain shipping Foles out to a QB desperate team that would likely way overpay for him in a trade, or would they hang onto him as the backup even though his contract is essentially over after the season?
The Eagles wanted the moon, stars and a couple of planets for Foles in the off season and teams in need thought it was too expensive. Foles is worth a 100M contract, no doubt. Not sure what the Eagles are paying him now but making a reining SB MVP stand on the sidelines holding a clipboard is not something Foles will tolerate for long unless they're paying him the 100M to do so.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Nick Foles doesn't shake Brady's hand tonight
Probably a wet fish shake for that faginista anyway

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol yeah man, I remember the "system QB" arguments about Brady going back to when I posted on the old ESPN boards. I will say that I do think that Belichick and Brady are almost perfect for each other as coach and QB, but Brady's status as a top legend can't be denied regardless. Whether or not he would have developed as well or even gotten a proper opportunity when he was new to the league in a different situation is up for debate, but had he gone elsewhere/Belichick left even a couple of years into Brady becoming an elite player, Brady would still have had a great career.

So you're calling him a system QB. Got it.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true. They still don't know if/when Wentz will be ready. Not trading Foles pre-draft may have been one of the better decisions that dysfunctional FO has made in years.

You mean the FO that's won the SB 50% of the time since taking over?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part the Eagles as an orginization has always strived to do what is best for the team as well as the player. Under the Lurie Era there have been very few disgruntled ex-Eagles asided from the fiasco the retard Chip Kelly created.

I don't think the Eagles will trade Foles if he wants to stay with the team. I am pretty sure there have been some teams that called during the off season inquiring and promptly were told no thanks. It is the smart move from a team standpoint because Wentz health was still in question. I think Foles really loves it in Philly and probably wants to stay. With tha said he will not turn down a big deal either. I think if the Eagles do trade Foles it will be a mutual decision and Foles will probably have a say in where he goes. But...... that is only for this year because I believe he is free agent after this season.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry has 3 and he's considered a buffoon.

I think Jerry has always been considered a buffoon. In most circles Jimmy Johnson is given credit for those championships. Even the one the puppet Switzer coached.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles wanted the moon, stars and a couple of planets for Foles in the off season and teams in need thought it was too expensive. Foles is worth a 100M contract, no doubt. Not sure what the Eagles are paying him now but making a reining SB MVP stand on the sidelines holding a clipboard is not something Foles will tolerate for long unless they're paying him the 100M to do so.
What makes this situation different is that Foles was signed and released by a couple other teams. That makes other teams afraid to give up much. The insurance he provided the Eagles is worth more than a 5th round draft pick.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part the Eagles as an orginization has always strived to do what is best for the team as well as the player. Under the Lurie Era there have been very few disgruntled ex-Eagles asided from the fiasco the retard Chip Kelly created.

I don't think the Eagles will trade Foles if he wants to stay with the team. I am pretty sure there have been some teams that called during the off season inquiring and promptly were told no thanks. It is the smart move from a team standpoint because Wentz health was still in question. I think Foles really loves it in Philly and probably wants to stay. With tha said he will not turn down a big deal either. I think if the Eagles do trade Foles it will be a mutual decision and Foles will probably have a say in where he goes. But...... that is only for this year because I believe he is free agent after this season.

There is also this little thing called playing that you didn't mention. No one wants to stand around and hold a clip board. Foles is gone. It's just a matter of when?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is also this little thing called playing that you didn't mention. No one wants to stand around and hold a clip board. Foles is gone. It's just a matter of when?

That is true but I think Foles will want to be smart this time around and try to have some say. He was traded to the Rams and his experience there made him want to quit football. I think he is a good QB and should be able to start somewhere.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true but I think Foles will want to be smart this time around and try to have some say. He was traded to the Rams and his experience there made him want to quit football. I think he is a good QB and should be able to start somewhere.
There is a reason he's on his 4th team (Philly twice). He looked like garbage tonight. Trade him while he still has value.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason he's on his 4th team (Philly twice). He looked like garbage tonight. Trade him while he still has value.

Nah..... most of us were not in denial about Foles ability. I think he is a good QB and could be a starter somewhere but he is not going to be great. The stars were aligned for a few weeks during the playoff run.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sky is falling......Nick Foles has a shoulder strain. To hear the way they are reporting it on ESPN this injury is devastating and now we should all be freaking out......

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You either trade him for a 1st and going into next years draft with two 1sts, two 2nds, two 3rds, two 4ths and two 5ths or you let him leave as a FA and get a 2020 3rd round comp pick.

If some QB gets hurt and we get a 1st next years draft will be amazin. I couldn’t imagine winnng back to back and having 2 picks in each of the first 5 rounds. Reload time!

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You either trade him for a 1st and going into next years draft with two 1sts, two 2nds, two 3rds, two 4ths and two 5ths or you let him leave as a FA and get a 2020 3rd round comp pick.

If some QB gets hurt and we get a 1st next years draft will be amazin. I couldn’t imagine winnng back to back and having 2 picks in each of the first 5 rounds. Reload time!

Your dumb ass scenarios are always wrong. No way that happens.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nick Foles is not even remotely close to being worth a first round pick. If we traded him the best we could hope for IMO is a 3rd. I don't even believe a team will give a 2nd rounder for him. I love Foles and think he is a good QB but realistically the only teams that would go for him is a team that would have a high draft pick and none of them would give a high pick for Foles.