• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Philly trade Foles once Wentz returns?

Would Philly trade Foles in this situation?

• They would keep him as the backup

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • They would be willing to trade him for a fair deal

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • They would be willing to trade him, but only if another team overpays significantly

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude... I sit back and wonder why I even waste my time on trolls like him and Handicappers. Yesterday we were fucked cause there’s gonna be a QB controversy... but now we’re fucked cause Foles had a bad 10 minutes. They just come here to antagonize and start shit.
Yeah Philly is 30 million over and we are fucked according to him. Foles leaves and Peters leave and we are back to even. Just ignore it bro
Do you guys hold weekly retard meetings or does it come natural?

Let's assume both Foles and Peters leave shall we? Even though there are posters saying Foles will be with Philly next year:rolleyes2:.
That would put Philly at 0 cap space, 0 get it? 0 as in nada.
Then you have your other FAs, you just going to let them walk?
Then "ALL" the picks you're going to have. How you going to pay them? Trade away your entire draft?
Don't forget every smart GM keeps $4-6M in the coffers to replace injured players during the year. Where is that coming from?
Oh and don't forget guys like Wentz are due in 20. You going to let him test FA or you going to try and resign that non SB winning QB?

Do I need to go on?

This isn't Madden or FF we're talking here. We all understand you're gay with excitement because your team finally won something so you're not thinking clearly. You'll all be slapped back into reality after this season.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's assume both Foles and Peters leave shall we? Even though there are posters saying Foles will be with Philly next year:rolleyes2:.
Then "ALL" the picks you're going to have. How you going to pay them? Trade away your entire draft?
Don't forget every smart GM keeps $4-6M in the coffers to replace injured players during the year. Where is that coming from?
Oh and don't forget guys like Wentz are due in 20. You going to let him test FA or you going to try and resign that non SB winning QB?

Do I need to go on?

This isn't Madden or FF we're talking here. We all understand you're gay with excitement because your team finally won something so you're not thinking clearly. You'll all be slapped back into reality after this season.

Deeeeeeeerp.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do I need to go on?

I know we are at zero. But letting go of a backup and a 37 year old cleans up a lot. More work to do obviously but we will be just fine cap wise. But you can start another topic on why Philly is completely fucked. Add it to the loooong list the Philly haters are posting.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we are at zero. But letting go of a backup and a 37 year old cleans up a lot. More work to do obviously but we will be just fine cap wise. But you can start another topic on why Philly is completely fucked. Add it to the loooong list the Philly haters are posting.

What's the post-TB12 plan?

Just fold up the team?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You'll be fine:rolleyes2:

Care to elaborate?
I've given you a handful of examples of why you won't. All you got is we'll be fine:pound:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll be fine:rolleyes2:

Care to elaborate?
I've given you a handful of examples of why you won't. All you got is we'll be fine:pound:

1. Foles leaves we’re down to 10 million
2. Peters retires we are even
3. We have one of the best cap managers in the entire NFL
4. We have a safety who is only average due almost 9 million. Let him go and we are 9 million under the cap.
5. We have an extra 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th in next years draft.
6. We have a handful of older vets that will come off the books like Chris Long.
7. No cap hit cutting Tim Jernigan at 13 million and a special teaser in Maragos at 2 mill. Now we are more then 15 million under.

Now tell me how we are screwed.

Last edited:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. We have a safety who is only average due almost 9 million. Let him go and we are 9 million under the cap.
6. We have a handful of older vets that will come off the books like Chris Long.

It doesn't quite work that easy. Singing bonuses will still count against the cap in most cases.

Yes the release of Foles and Peter's will save cap space but not the full amount you are suggesting.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't quite work that easy. Singing bonuses will still count against the cap in most cases.

Yes the release of Foles and Peter's will save cap space but not the full amount you are suggesting.

It will because of the way the contracts are structured on most of our players. I know Jernigan is another 13 million with 6 mill cap hit. I know what you are talking about but I know Foles saves 18.6 and cost 1.8 on our cap. I think Peters is 10.6 but 1.8 also saving is 8.8 million. Not a lot of big money cap hits their. Jernigan is substantial though. Chris Long is 5.6 with a 300 thousand dollar cap hit.

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7. No cap hit cutting Tim Jernigan at 13 million and a special teaser in Maragos at 2 mill. Now we are more then 15 million under.

First that's a lot of if's.
Next there is dead money you are not taking into account.
You need to pay each rookie you sign.
You need to replace all these players you're discarding.
You need at least $5M as a safety net.
Do you want to chance Foles and any other players hitting FA? Or do you want to extend them?

You're screwed. The very least your team will not look anything like it does now.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will because of the way the contracts are structured on most of our players. I know Jernigan is another 13 million with 6 mill cap hit. I know what you are talking about but I know Foles saves 18.6 and cost 1.8 on our cap. I think Peters is 10.6 but 1.8 also saving is 8.8 million. Not a lot of big money cap hits their. Jernigan is substantial though. Chris Long is 5.6 with a 300 thousand dollar cap hit.
Both will leave dead money attached to the cap. Foles dead money depends on pre or post June 1st. Peters has 2M in dead money regardless.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where are you getting you have one of the best cap managers from? More made up BS? He was ranked 20th last year. Is he all of a sudden top 3? GTFOOH. Or does being ranked 20th equate to one of the best in your opinion. Please stop with your foolishness.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First that's a lot of if's.
Next there is dead money you are not taking into account.
You need to pay each rookie you sign.
You need to replace all these players you're discarding.
You need at least $5M as a safety net.
Do you want to chance Foles and any other players hitting FA? Or do you want to extend them?

You're screwed. The very least your team will not look anything like it does now.

There were no ifs and Foles, Peters, Long and Maragos have almost no dead money. That’s over 30 million right their. Another 5 can be shaved cutting McLeod.
No way we can extend Foles. Especially with Wentz’s monster contract looming. I just cut 5 players all in their 30’s that wouldnt devastate this team. Peters still is incredible at his old age though.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you getting you have one of the best cap managers from? More made up BS? He was ranked 20th last year. Is he all of a sudden top 3? GTFOOH. Or does being ranked 20th equate to one of the best in your opinion. Please stop with your foolishness.

The Eagles and Patriots have been historically great at managing the cap. Even if he was ranked 20th 2 years ago he was always great at cap management. Sorry dude... we’re good.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were no ifs and Foles, Peters, Long and Maragos have almost no dead money. That’s over 30 million right their. Another 5 can be shaved cutting McLeod.
No way we can extend Foles. Especially with Wentz’s monster contract looming. I just cut 5 players all in their 30’s that wouldnt devastate this team. Peters still is incredible at his old age though.

I misspoke I meant extend Wentz. Then again they may want to extend Foles the SB winning MVP QB and maybe let Wentz walk the following year.

They were all ifs. If we let so and so go. If we don't extend so and so...

Stop you're starting to embarrass your family now.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles and Patriots have been historically great at managing the cap. Even if he was ranked 20th 2 years ago he was always great at cap management. Sorry dude... we’re good.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I misspoke I meant extend Wentz. Then again they may want to extend Foles the SB winning MVP QB and maybe let Wentz walk the following year.

They were all ifs. If we let so and so go. If we don't extend so and so...

Stop you're starting to embarrass your family now.

I’m embarrassing my family and you said let go of a superstar young franchise QB and let him walk. Jesus fucking Christ you’re just trolling.

And by the way he won GM of the year last year so he is pretty darn good.

Talking about letting go of high priced 30 year olds is “if’s”. They are facts not “ifs”

Let Wentz walk. Jesus why do I even entertain these trolls. You’d think you and Handi would be homies...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically Philly has sucked. That's a fact not your speculation.