• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Mike Richards show up?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at it this way they made the playoffs with more room than last year. I expect Richie to pick up his play now that it counts so I won't judge him on the regular season....who gives a fuck about the regular season anyway just as long as they get in!

Now its time to shine and hopefully Carts shines more than anyone because they'll win a cup if that happens...he's my X factor next to Pronger.

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nowhere did I threaten or name-call, which makes your use of my quote completely irrelevant.

Back to the matter. If you will, provide me with evidence of where I was wrong with my assessments. To clarify, Datsyuk has won the Selke last year, and his SH ATOI for those seasons was 0:47. That was 7th on his team among forwards. He obviously isn't the best defensive forward if he's on the 4th PK unit just on his team. It's based on reputation more than play. Show me where I'm wrong.

I don't think the Selke is given out based upon time spent on the PK...

There's LOTS of reasons why teams don't like playing their top offensive weapons on the PK, especially when they're over 30 years old. Maybe they're saving his ice time. Maybe they have 3 or 4 Blaire Betts' whose only real role is PK and defense so they'd rather use those guys' minutes there.

Obviously the Selke can't be as objective as the Presidents Trophy. When you're talking about reputation, you're talking about reputation among the writers whose entire lives are spent in the NHL watching these players. If there's anywhere "reputation" means something, it's there. It's not a stupid award just because you can't quantify it, and trying to do so with an obscure stat like SH ATOI will almost certainly lead you astray.

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
llike i said in the series thread, giroux/carter/nodl/powe/carcillo have all been unscathed so far too

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richards was so close to picking up a goal last night...hit the freaking post! At least he set up Zherdev with a nice goal though.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya i thought he played well yesterday.. his turnovers were what was really driving me crazy.. i didnt notice him turning it over a lot yesterday

the no-look behind the back pass to the slot has been nearly invisible (for everyone!) for the past few games.. lets hope it stays that way

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike got another "maintenance day" today and didnt practice. Still battling cold like symptoms.

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A point is a point nomatter how you break it down!

I may seem like a hypocrite for saying this, since I'm a huge Richards supporter, but I felt like yesterday was his laziest game of the series so far. he seemed very content to just dump pucks in and skate to the bench, and do whatever he could to avoid contact. Great set-up on that goal, for sure, but otherwise I only saw him skating around on the fringes.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling it, he's gonna show up in force tonight.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea why RIchards isnt playing the point on the PP with Prongs out

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see no reason for versteeg or richards to take a shift with 5 minutes left in a game when we're down.. they are not a threat to score, at all. they aren't even dangerous.

defending a lead, i'd like to see them out there, they've been very solid defensively, i thought steeg was our best defensive forward tonight..

but offensively, no thanks.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
mike pulled a jeff carter on that shot at the end, gotta bury that when you have the chance, those are the chances that make the difference.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see no reason for versteeg or richards to take a shift with 5 minutes left in a game when we're down.. they are not a threat to score, at all. they aren't even dangerous.

defending a lead, i'd like to see them out there, they've been very solid defensively, i thought steeg was our best defensive forward tonight..

but offensively, no thanks.

I agree but I also disagree. Richards and Versteeg weren't threats to score last night, true...but no one else was either. Briere was right there and couldn't put it away either.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya its too bad Richie couldn't put that puck up but there were plenty of opportunities to score last night....one thing I don't get is why are guys going to the net without their sticks down? JVR missed a beautiful chance...its too bad as he played very well.