• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilfred

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final season starts tonight at 10 on FXX. Hopefully we'll finally get the answer to what Wilfred actually is

WTF did they switch channels!?

Pissed....just realized I don't have that channel.

I've known they switched and that it was tonight for weeks, but didn't realize I didn't have the stupid channel til' showtime!?

Hafta call tomorrow and get it added. Dumb.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've known they switched and that it was tonight for weeks, but didn't realize I didn't have the stupid channel til' showtime!?

Yep. Pretty dumb to make the switch for the final season. Luckily I've had the channel since it launched. If you're downloading tomorrow, make sure you get both episodes. They aired two tonight so I guess they're doing 2 each week. It picks up from last season's finale and is just as trippy.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show just sucks ass to me. All of my friends watch this and game of thrones and I just can't get into either of them.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show just sucks ass to me. All of my friends watch this and game of thrones and I just can't get into either of them.

Have never watched games of thrones, but Wilfred is funny yo!?

You ever owned a male dog?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well then fuck you.

But seriously, fair enough. I don't really know how to describe the show. It started out as a comedy but its not really laugh out loud funny anymore. It's morphed into dark, twisted mashup for a comedy and drama.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have never watched games of thrones, but Wilfred is funny yo!?

You ever owned a male dog?

Not really funny to me. Just awkward. :noidea: And yes I have two, but they don't talk or smoke Mary Jay wanna

Well then fuck you.

But seriously, fair enough. I don't really know how to describe the show. It started out as a comedy but its not really laugh out loud funny anymore. It's morphed into dark, twisted mashup for a comedy and drama.

It's just weird to me. The whole dude in a dog costume pretending to be a dog just doesn't do it for me. I hope he gets run over by a car.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really funny to me. Just awkward. :noidea: And yes I have two, but they don't talk or smoke Mary Jay wanna

It's just weird to me. The whole dude in a dog costume pretending to be a dog just doesn't do it for me. I hope he gets run over by a car.

That was my feel for the concept when the show started, but it actually really works with the purpose of the show. The Elijah Wood character is clearly not "right". So much so that he does not see this dog as a dog (which it clearly is). He hallucinates it as a person in a dog suit. I am not sure they could convey that any other way.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can watch it in a few days on hulu unless you have
DISH
Verizon
AT&T U-verse
Optimum
Cox
Then you can connect your station to your hulu account and watch right away. I have DirectTV :gaah:
I love that show. Wilfred is awesome.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK@!@#Q##@$#

I missed the premiere. I'll have to check if they are re-airing it before the next episode.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my feel for the concept when the show started, but it actually really works with the purpose of the show. The Elijah Wood character is clearly not "right". So much so that he does not see this dog as a dog (which it clearly is). He hallucinates it as a person in a dog suit. I am not sure they could convey that any other way.

So this is pretty much what it ended up being.

I thought they closed it up OK.

1) They proved Wilfred was not actually a god, because the girl left for Wisconsin (thus making "Wilfred" a failure).

2) They explained why Ryan sees what he sees (the guy at the commune who played the "Good-god" in their rituals).

3) They did not make the whole show a dream. Given how the show started and the weird concept, this would have actually worked. However, that story-telling device has a stigma to it that would have made the whole show a waste of time.

4) Ryan figured out how to deal with "Wilfred" without meds. This was an interesting take. Both his parents were coocoo for cocoa-puffs, but he is able to handle his dementia using logic? Maybe I am viewing this too much as an end, while it is really just saying that Ryan is still totally fucked up and will be until he gets the help he really needs.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I started reading the last post and it sounds like it might be a spoiler. Did the show end and they explained how? If so, I won't read what cal said. If not, then I'll come back and read it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a spoiler of sorts.

I started watching this show when it first came out, liked it a good bit, but then just kind of lost interest in it.

I am interested in what he turned out to be, but I guess I quit watching too soon because nothing cal said made sense to me.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoilers

I thought it was more about the fact that he had good times with Wilfred, even if the dramatic shit was all just in his head, and that his memory will always be there to help him out.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoilers

It was a satisfactory ending. I'm not so sure the "its all in his head" thing really fits together neatly if you dissect every episode and what happens in it but it was good enough. The emotional notes were all there even if some of the logical plot notes may not have been. It's a weird feeling though because once it ended you're like "Oh, ok. It's happy because he accepted himself and learned to deal" but then you're like "Wait...how is it happy that he realizes he's mentally unstable and if this were real life, would need treatment?"

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for not putting "Spoiler" in my post. My bad.

Spoilers...

Upon further thought about the finale, I have one complaint...

Ths whole last season was clearly known to be he last from the beginning of the season. So why wait until the very last episode to introduce all the family stuff? It came together so fast, it felt like they decided to end the series at. The last second and threw all that stuff in to wrap everything up.

I thought it fit rather well, but to introduce that much earth-shattering stuff in the finale has the feel of last-second writing.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but there's not much else to do once they introduced it. Like if it came two episodes earlier, what would Ryan have been doing?

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put off watching it for a few days because I was afraid they were gonna piss me off, but I have to say, I was okay with how it ended. Except...

I miss Wilfred :bawling:

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 episodes in on S1. Suprisingly good so far, the episdoe with the PB on the guys balls at the doggy day care had me lol'ing hard

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season is on Netflix now, I guess?

Something to binge on for the weekend.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the first 7 eps last nite...One of the better seasons so far IMO.