• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ghosts

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watching the US version? Or seen the BBC version?

I like the US version better. Probably the best sitcom on (traditional) tv right now.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show is amazing, definitely became mine and the roomates favorite show on tv.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About two episodes in. Reminds me of a chick version of Beetlejuice. Or maybe a modern version? Its funny.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About two episodes in. Reminds me of a chick version of Beetlejuice. Or maybe a modern version? Its funny.
I hadn’t thought of that comparison. Kinda works.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn’t thought of that comparison. Kinda works.
There is a lot more going on, though. The comic timing is really fast so the zingers come in pretty hot. At first I thought I wasn't going to like most of the characters just based on the first episode but when the female protagonist trips on the vase it gives a lot of the characters time to shine.

I've seen 3 episodes and I like all of the characters except the hippie girl. Its weird. Their 'Matt Damon doing his Brett Kavanagh impression' character is hilarious. But none of the hedonist party jokes work with the hippie girl. They knock it out of the park with the hedonist Viking jokes.

Anyways, the wife likes this so this gives me a show we can both watch. I dig that. Now that I'm hearing about a British version, I suspect I'll need to watch that, too.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot more going on, though. The comic timing is really fast so the zingers come in pretty hot. At first I thought I wasn't going to like most of the characters just based on the first episode but when the female protagonist trips on the vase it gives a lot of the characters time to shine.

I've seen 3 episodes and I like all of the characters except the hippie girl. Its weird. Their 'Matt Damon doing his Brett Kavanagh impression' character is hilarious. But none of the hedonist party jokes work with the hippie girl. They knock it out of the park with the hedonist Viking jokes.

Anyways, the wife likes this so this gives me a show we can both watch. I dig that. Now that I'm hearing about a British version, I suspect I'll need to watch that, too.
The BBC version is still active. Some of the US episodes are almost exact copies of BBC eps. The Brit version has already completed 2 seasons, but that only equates to (I think) 12 episodes.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Pete's Wife' episode is really close to Futuramas Luck of the Fryish. Although I guess that fits under the 'Simpsons already did it' point that South Park had.

Still don't like Flower and they gave her a whole episode.

I keep wanting to drop the show but they keep pulling me back in with the jokes. Its funny. I just can't binge watch it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Pete's Wife' episode is really close to Futuramas Luck of the Fryish. Although I guess that fits under the 'Simpsons already did it' point that South Park had.

Still don't like Flower and they gave her a whole episode.

I keep wanting to drop the show but they keep pulling me back in with the jokes. Its funny. I just can't binge watch it.
I binged the first 3 or 4 because that was when I found it. But this is not a show that requires binging, I don’t think. While there is world building, it is kinda relaxed.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a question did they all die near or in the house cause that part I don't get?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a question did they all die near or in the house cause that part I don't get?
They haven’t explained the exact rules just yet (I think they actually laughed at how they don’t really fully understand the rules), but basically, yes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s people who died on the property and that’s why they can’t leave.
There is more to it, as we saw in one of the more recent episodes (the most recent?).

The cholera crew is basically stuck in the basement. The arrow guy died in the field. Thor died somewhere in the field as well.

What happens if the area is re-zoned? Will they no longer be able to hang out together?

Not a serious question. This show is light hearted enough that I really don’t care. But at least the show APPEARS to be self aware enough to acknowledge that these questions exist.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paramount still needs to improve their UI. I didnt realize there were new eps available until yesterday (I thought the therapy episode was the season finale).

just watched the last 2 eps (Trevor’s pants, the attic girl). I totally forgot the headless dude even existed. I thought he was a Brit character that didn’t make the move to the US version. Nice to see him back.

I believe this week’s episode will be the season finale.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 1 was great, so far season 2 have been pretty solid except they are having too many preachy moments.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the show, but it doesn’t compete with any of the all time great sitcoms (MASH, Cheers, Friends, Seinfeld, Scrubs, AD, etc). There just isn’t nearly enough meat on the bone to be in THAT conversation.

as for my specific gripes, I have 3 that jump out…

1) Why does Thor still speak like a savage with total broken English, but Sas talks like he was raised in Raseda? I know it is done for woke reasons (they can’t have a NA talking in a comparable way to Thor), but it is jarring ly stupid.

2) Not sure if it is the writing or the acting, but Thor is becoming WAY too stiff.

3) where is the headless dude? He was a pretty major(ish) character at the start of the show, now we haven’t seen him since about the middle of S2? The character is handled similarly in the BBC version, so this is a minor gripe, but it is still there.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theories regarding the finale?

I think I know who it is…

Nigel.

he is not one of the core characters, and they can now deal with a grieving Isaac moving forward.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theories regarding the finale?

I think I know who it is…

Nigel.

he is not one of the core characters, and they can now deal with a grieving Isaac moving forward.

This season's finale had to have been the best show yet. I was busting a gut laughing the whole episode. Your pick for who got sucked off is probably correct.