• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wild Card: Chargers v. Bengals

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Manning's year, without a doubt. He's the media darling. Can't fault him for that. He's a great person, a real competitor and a fucking great QB. I can't stand Denver, but with Manning as their QB, losing to them is just a little bit less painful. He's a hoot to watch.

You already beat them once. Your team is loose and dangerous, and playing with house money. Enjoy the ride.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just starting to calm down from the game, and then I read that article. I'm almost ready to join the military so I can go shoot people

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angry as I am about how Dalton played, this Doyel is a complete asshole. I have Dalton's back.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady had Ryan Mallet clipping at his heals, but we're afraid of Dalton's ego and we got Josh Johnson so his ego won't be bruised, we should have signed Skelton, Tebow, or even Kitna. What's to gain when your QB sucks eggs and you can't go to your backup.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Doug.... That doesn't bother you just a little?

The guy is in his third year..... He has a 'C' on his jersey. He fumbled a ball when nobody hit him.

When will he sack up and put it on him, even if it weren't his fault?

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Doug.... That doesn't bother you just a little?

The guy is in his third year..... He has a 'C' on his jersey. He fumbled a ball when nobody hit him.

When will he sack up and put it on him, even if it weren't his fault?

I just find media types hateful, in general. We all know what he did. He knows too. What good does answering pointed accusing questions do? Doesn't the guy feel badly enough already?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just find media types hateful, in general. We all know what he did. He knows too. What good does answering pointed accusing questions do? Doesn't the guy feel badly enough already?

I agree to the extent that these guys don't really want or need to be talking to the media after the game..... But Dalton knew he had to step up today. He couldn't put another crappy BIG game on tape and that is exactly what he did. It would be one thing if it were against a dominant defense.... Or even a competent defense. But this was a flawed team and one that we should have had success against. He choked and his teammates are going to lose faith in him.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to the extent that these guys don't really want or need to be talking to the media after the game..... But Dalton knew he had to step up today. He couldn't put another crappy BIG game on tape and that is exactly what he did. It would be one thing if it were against a dominant defense.... Or even a competent defense. But this was a flawed team and one that we should have had success against. He choked and his teammates are going to lose faith in him.

All true, but was he the only one who choked? How about our awesome oline? Our pass dropping elite receiver? How about our vaunted dlinemen getting consistently knocked on their collective keesters? There were many hands in this mess.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially when he kept telling the media at the beginning of the year that he couldn't wait to shut his criticcs. If you're gonna talk the talk and not walk the walk, then you have to own up to it.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially when he kept telling the media at the beginning of the year that he couldn't wait to shut his criticcs. If you're gonna talk the talk and not walk the walk, then you have to own up to it.

If he needs to own up to it, then so do AJ Green, Whitworth, and the dlinemen like Peko who continue to accuse the fans of not giving them unconditional support. What have they done to earn it?

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he needs to own up to it, then so do AJ Green, Whitworth, and the dlinemen like Peko who continue to accuse the fans of not giving them unconditional support. What have they done to earn it?

Agreed

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, even though they don't deserve it, I give them unconditional support each and every year. After this I feel pretty dumb. I'll be back next year though, god willing. I'll stick it out there again. It's how I roll.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true, but was he the only one who choked? How about our awesome oline? Our pass dropping elite receiver? How about our vaunted dlinemen getting consistently knocked on their collective keesters? There were many hands in this mess.

The D was bad on two drives. They gave up way too many running yards, but they picked themselves up after halftime and stood their ground in some unfortunate circumstances in the second half. They really didn't give up the ship until after the three Dalton turnovers. And truthfully, if there was any unit that deserved to struggle a little it was the D. Our best defensive tackle has been out since the middle of the year and all that depth we had in the middle slowly evaporated. We played today (and the last few weeks) without our two top corners and with a safety that was sitting on the couch in September. Even against those odds, they gave up two touchdown drives today in fair situations..... That's not horrible D.

The offensive line seemed to be getting it done just fine when we were running the Firm. Jay got too cute at times and Andy played tight.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D was bad on two drives. They gave up way too many running yards, but they picked themselves up after halftime and stood their ground in some unfortunate circumstances in the second half. They really didn't give up the ship until after the three Dalton turnovers. And truthfully, if there was any unit that deserved to struggle a little it was the D. Our best defensive tackle has been out since the middle of the year and all that depth we had in the middle slowly evaporated. We played today (and the last few weeks) without our two top corners and with a safety that was sitting on the couch in September. Even against those odds, they gave up two touchdown drives today in fair situations..... That's not horrible D.

The offensive line seemed to be getting it done just fine when we were running the Firm. Jay got too cute at times and Andy played tight.

Andy was pretty good the first half. Done in by Gio's fumble or the lead would have been at least seven at half. The second half was just a total offensive meltdown. Andy had a prominent role in it, as did Gio, the oline, and AJ Green. Green gets a pass from too many people on here. He drops way too many passes and has numerous mental lapses. Andy's share of the blame is large, but it's not 100%, as many here would have you believe. I'm sure he's become a little sensitive to it all, so I can understand how he handles questions.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy was pretty good the first half. Done in by Gio's fumble or the lead would have been at least seven at half. The second half was just a total offensive meltdown. Andy had a prominent role in it, as did Gio, the oline, and AJ Green. Green gets a pass from too many people on here. He drops way too many passes and has numerous mental lapses. Andy's share of the blame is large, but it's not 100%, as many here would have you believe. I'm sure he's become a little sensitive to it all, so I can understand how he handles questions.

He was fine in the 2nd quarter. He basically did nothing in the 1st.