• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why The Draft "Mistakes"?

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
krafty just mad from the buttwhoopin he took in fantasy to scrubz so hes letting out some steam. let it out bro. let it out.

LOL!

Who cares if my team couldn't win the Super Bowl....I've moved on to the next opponent.

Signed,
Bill Belichick.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'06, '07 and '08 drafts were horrible. Hands down, straight up awful. If they had done a better job those years, they'd have multiple Super Bowls over the last 5 years.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already pointed out to you that Belichick couldn't hold Pete Carroll's jock strap since he took over Seattle in 2010.

He had two top 15 picks in 2010 and took advantage. Despite that, I don't think his draft is particularly more impressive. Since 2010:

McCourty
gronkowski
Spikes
Cannon(doesn't start but is our best backup at every line spot)
Mallett (considered by many the best backup in the league)
Vereen
Ridley
Solder
Dennard
Hightower
Jones

I won't count 2013 yet because there hasn't been time to get much of a rating yet, but everyone on that list plays a significant role on this team. Almost all are in the top half-third of their positions.

Seattle got some impact players (Wilson, Sherman, the safeties), but I don't think I swap our drafts in the same stretch for theirs.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'06, '07 and '08 drafts were horrible. Hands down, straight up awful. If they had done a better job those years, they'd have multiple Super Bowls over the last 5 years.

Bingo! AGREED...but I wasn't even trying to say anything like that until others started to go beyond the actual subject matter. In the OP I basically agreed with the reason Belichick said some players fail but I also said I thought he stubbed his own toe and set himself up for a greater chance of failure with some selections.

09boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Seattle got some impact players (Wilson, Sherman, the safeties), but I don't think I swap our drafts in the same stretch for theirs) Are you kidding me please. I have to ask are you a Patriot fan or a troll. Someone post Josh Gordon is on the block. Your post (He is not an upgrade over anyone) This is how you evaluate talent. He is not a Patriot so he sucks. He sucks because of his personality not talent. You jump into everyone post who doesn't have a BB Cosplay Costume. You ever think people may have there own opinion and still be Patriot fan.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Seattle got some impact players (Wilson, Sherman, the safeties), but I don't think I swap our drafts in the same stretch for theirs) Are you kidding me please. I have to ask are you a Patriot fan or a troll. Someone post Josh Gordon is on the block. Your post (He is not an upgrade over anyone) This is how you evaluate talent. He is not a Patriot so he sucks. He sucks because of his personality not talent. You jump into everyone post who doesn't have a BB Cosplay Costume. You ever think people may have there own opinion and still be Patriot fan.

Ignoring off the field concerns, where do you put him on our depth chart?

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had two top 15 picks in 2010 and took advantage. Despite that, I don't think his draft is particularly more impressive. Since 2010:

McCourty
gronkowski
Spikes
Cannon(doesn't start but is our best backup at every line spot)
Mallett (considered by many the best backup in the league)
Vereen
Ridley
Solder
Dennard
Hightower
Jones

I won't count 2013 yet because there hasn't been time to get much of a rating yet, but everyone on that list plays a significant role on this team. Almost all are in the top half-third of their positions.

Seattle got some impact players (Wilson, Sherman, the safeties), but I don't think I swap our drafts in the same stretch for theirs.

Dennard and McCourty wouldn't start at any position on Seattle except STs. Gronkowski has the talent but is injury plagued, Wagner > Spikes, Okung > Cannon, Mallett was taken 74th and Russell Wilson was taken 75th in their respective draft years and I'd take Russell hands down. Vereen couldn't supplant Woodhead on the depth chart, Ridley has a ball security issue but is a good back if he can learn to run hard while protecting the ball. Solder is a good player, Hightower and Jones are good players.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your analysis of players is hilarious. I'm done.

09boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now talent wise he would be our leading out side receiver. But to be fair too you pats wide outs may turn out to be a better choices talent wise in the future. The real question right now is Ignoring off the field concerns like you said. If Josh Gordon Kenbrell Thompkins Aaron Dobson where on the trading block who would fetch a higher pick right now. Look your a good guy with passion for the Patriots is awesome. But saying you would not take Wes Welker on this team for 1 Mil makes you sound like you have no knowledge of football. There is not a team in football that would not take that deal.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now talent wise he would be our leading out side receiver. But to be fair too you pats wide outs may turn out to be a better choices talent wise in the future. The real question right now is Ignoring off the field concerns like you said. If Josh Gordon Kenbrell Thompkins Aaron Dobson where on the trading block who would fetch a higher pick right now. Look your a good guy with passion for the Patriots is awesome. But saying you would not take Wes Welker on this team for 1 Mil makes you sound like you have no knowledge of football. There is not a team in football that would not take that deal.

Wes Welker is not worth the distraction he made himself. Even stupid stuff like the "foot" comments is a way of saying "fuck you" to bill, and with the players on the patriots offense, an underneath receiver with declining skills and fairly unreliable hands isn't worth the spot for a player who doesn't want to be here. Denver was the perfect place for him. He is the third guy like a slot guy should be, teams can't double team him, and he has a fresh start with a coach who runs his team a little differently.

As for Gordon, that is my point. Not only is he not a dominant player now any more than any of the other guys, but him on the field takes the young guys off of it, and hinders their development. I take Dobson over him outside easy, and ignoring character concerns, it takes far too many reps to try to teach him the offense and build chemistry with Brady when the biggest issue we have is that our young guys don't have that entirely yet. He is not worth starting from scratch with when there is already progress being made.

Last edited by a moderator:

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your analysis of players is hilarious. I'm done.

Really? Do you think McCourty or Dennard would play ahead of Sherman, Thomas, Browner or Chancellor...
...that would define hilarious.

Wagner is a top shelf three down LB...Spikes is not.

Okung is a starting caliber OT while Cannon is a backup tackle and guard.

Mallett is overrated by Pats fans and didn't attract any tempting trade offers while Russell has the 3rd highest QB rating in the league this year.

Vereen amassed exactly 76 carries in his first two years with 15 receptions...does that shock you? Maybe, because he's another player overrated by Pats fans. He's been another second round disappointment IMO...56th overall??? Maybe this is the year...when he comes back from injury.

Since I said the rest of the players on your list are good players you must be alluding to the above and are once again,

COMPLETELY WRONG!

It's best you don't respond in the future.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
paralysis of analysis.....

The quote is actually paralysis by analysis...I think Belichick might be guilty of over-thinking many of his top 100 picks because it made him paralyzed in the brain.

Tell the truth, do you want to hear yourself saying "Huh...Whaaaat?" if he reaches for a late round player next year with one, or more, of his top 100 picks? I doubt you do.

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The quote is actually paralysis by analysis...I think Belichick might be guilty of over-thinking many of his top 100 picks because it made him paralyzed in the brain.

Tell the truth, do you want to hear yourself saying "Huh...Whaaaat?" if he reaches for a late round player next year with one, or more, of his top 100 picks? I doubt you do.

You actually think? You think he is guilty of over analysis. So now you are a shrink also?

BB has drafted on offense Light, Koppen, Solder, Mankins, Vollmer, Cannon, Brady, edelman, Gronk, Hernandez, Maroney, Ridley, Vereen (somehow you do not like him), Dobson, Thompkins, and Boyce on offense and somehow you know better.

BB has drafted Setmour, Warren, Wilfork, Mayo, Spikes, Hightower, Jones, McCourty, Dennard, Ryan, Chung, Meriweather and somehow you know better

His list of UDFA is exemplary including Arrington, Green Ellis and many more

His ability to pick a player off the scrap heat after they are released is also quite good. Think Vrabel and Ninkovich.

He has used draft picks to add Welker, Randy Moss, and Talib and he has missed on a few of them but he hits homeruns a lot which you somehow ignore.

Does he make mistakes? Of course he does but he is also drafting for na team that is very talented and despite how hard you try you never really know the professional effort a player will give or if the injury bug will win out. Add the fact we are always drafting late unless BB fleeced someone in a trade.

Somehow this incompetent boob has led the team to 5 Superbowls and been in 7 AFC title games yet he is the world's worst talent evaluator and gets paralyzed analyzing talent in the draft. everyone misses in the draft except you of course.

There was a reason I stopped posting on ESPN and there will be a reason I stop posting here. There is no reason we cannot be critical of the Pats or BB about things like Welker, I was wrong, or missed draft picks but not giving credit for all the correct draft picks and UDFA just shows me that you have your head firmly planted deep up your ass and you kind of like the smell. Please keep your head up there longer.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Do you think McCourty or Dennard would play ahead of Sherman, Thomas, Browner or Chancellor...
...that would define hilarious.

Wagner is a top shelf three down LB...Spikes is not.

Okung is a starting caliber OT while Cannon is a backup tackle and guard.

Mallett is overrated by Pats fans and didn't attract any tempting trade offers while Russell has the 3rd highest QB rating in the league this year.

Vereen amassed exactly 76 carries in his first two years with 15 receptions...does that shock you? Maybe, because he's another player overrated by Pats fans. He's been another second round disappointment IMO...56th overall??? Maybe this is the year...when he comes back from injury.

Since I said the rest of the players on your list are good players you must be alluding to the above and are once again,

COMPLETELY WRONG!

It's best you don't respond in the future.

Russell Okung was a top 10 selection, while Cannon was a 5th round pick - and Cannon may actually be a starting caliber OT. Richard Sherman was a Tom Brady-esque failure by all 32 teams - if anyone had any idea what he'd turn into, he'd have gone higher than he did, and if you're going to use this kind of pick to make an argument, you have to include Tom Brady and the 3 Super Bowls he brought to the team in the draft hits section (but I wouldn't, because that's ridiculous; the Pats got lucky with Brady, the Seahawks got lucky with Sherman).

I don't get it, but all you really want to do is dump on the Pats. You'll cherrypick any argument that makes your case while ignoring the fact that they've gotten an absurd level of production out of their last four draft classes.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Okung was a top 10 selection, while Cannon was a 5th round pick - and Cannon may actually be a starting caliber OT. Richard Sherman was a Tom Brady-esque failure by all 32 teams - if anyone had any idea what he'd turn into, he'd have gone higher than he did, and if you're going to use this kind of pick to make an argument, you have to include Tom Brady and the 3 Super Bowls he brought to the team in the draft hits section (but I wouldn't, because that's ridiculous; the Pats got lucky with Brady, the Seahawks got lucky with Sherman).

I don't get it, but all you really want to do is dump on the Pats. You'll cherrypick any argument that makes your case while ignoring the fact that they've gotten an absurd level of production out of their last four draft classes.

LOL! Cannon was the 7th rated OT the year he was drafted...he had a health problem and dropped. You're a Pats fan right? Okung was ONE player I mentioned.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually think? You think he is guilty of over analysis. So now you are a shrink also?

BB has drafted on offense Light, Koppen, Solder, Mankins, Vollmer, Cannon, Brady, edelman, Gronk, Hernandez, Maroney, Ridley, Vereen (somehow you do not like him), Dobson, Thompkins, and Boyce on offense and somehow you know better.

BB has drafted Setmour, Warren, Wilfork, Mayo, Spikes, Hightower, Jones, McCourty, Dennard, Ryan, Chung, Meriweather and somehow you know better

His list of UDFA is exemplary including Arrington, Green Ellis and many more

His ability to pick a player off the scrap heat after they are released is also quite good. Think Vrabel and Ninkovich.

He has used draft picks to add Welker, Randy Moss, and Talib and he has missed on a few of them but he hits homeruns a lot which you somehow ignore.

Does he make mistakes? Of course he does but he is also drafting for na team that is very talented and despite how hard you try you never really know the professional effort a player will give or if the injury bug will win out. Add the fact we are always drafting late unless BB fleeced someone in a trade.

Somehow this incompetent boob has led the team to 5 Superbowls and been in 7 AFC title games yet he is the world's worst talent evaluator and gets paralyzed analyzing talent in the draft. everyone misses in the draft except you of course.

There was a reason I stopped posting on ESPN and there will be a reason I stop posting here. There is no reason we cannot be critical of the Pats or BB about things like Welker, I was wrong, or missed draft picks but not giving credit for all the correct draft picks and UDFA just shows me that you have your head firmly planted deep up your ass and you kind of like the smell. Please keep your head up there longer.

LOL! Maroney? Did you see Hernandez on Sunday too? Was that a mistake? I bet Bob Kraft thinks so.You must have some sort of crystal ball for Dobson, Boyce and Thompkins, since you put them in the same sentence as Light, Brady and Mankins...LAUGHABLE.

Seymour, Warren and Wilfork? Two out of three are gone. BB's been a bottom feeder for DTs in the draft and too busy mining busts in the top 100 at other positions to draft another young stud.

McCourty was drafted to be a cornerback...FAIL...along with a host of others.

Ryan...another crystal ball huh?

Chung and Meriweather? Traveled the same route as Butler, Ras-I, Wheatley ..etc. Gone.

You really should read what you write so don't look so stupid.

Danny Woodhead had twice as many carries as Vereen in the last two years...do you why that might happen??? Enlighten me. Forget it, I know why...because Woodhead was better.

What exactly is a crap heat? You got me there...unless you mean heap.

If anyone has their head up someone's butt it's you and it belongs to Belichick.

You read a couple of books and think it's all true...LOL! WHAT A HOMERETTE.

Belichick was fleeced by Marvin Lewis. Is he still a genius? LOL! He's a genius like all the other NFL geniuses who had a great QB and trust me, he won't be a genius when Brady leaves...I have a crystal ball on that one.

Do I know better? Better than you.

Last edited by a moderator:

melmaan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an open suggestion / challenge
list the draft choices of your "favored" team side by side w/ Pats choices

2012 - 11 - 10 - 09 all rds / picks. Then find out how all players stand currently (active-"a player"- injury career or NFG).
I have done this w/ GB, Pitt and Baltimore.

Try it, you may change your tune one way or the other. But you've got to do your homework for a proper comparison.

UDFA's should come into play also.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dennard is the best #2 corner in the league and would start on any team at the #2 over anyone. cuz hes a god.

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is really simple TKO is just a contrarian although if this really is TheKraftyOne it is quite a change from his previous persona. Maybe his life is falling down around him. Maybe he is unemployed. Maybe he is just a jerkwad. It doesn't matter much because whatever the Pats do is somehow wrong.

Just by his actions and his words he has little credibility. Nobody in the NFL wins without a great QB so he can stuff that one. Yet, somehow thru thick and thin the Pats have been competitive year in and year out. Somehow that does not count.

It seems to me this board is getting just like the ESPN board. TKO is acting like a troll and taking out his miserable life on others. Criticism is fine but stupid criticism is not. Thankfully I do not spend much time here so spending less time is no big deal. People are fans that come here and we can gripe and complain but TKO takes it too far.

In TKO's world the glass is always half empty. I seriously doubt he could possibly ever just enjoy football. If TKO knows so much he must absoluely be totally unbeatable in Fantasy Football. Tell us how good you are TKO!!!:doh: