• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Michigan could stop Alabama-Clemson

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen this year Michigan is a much better team than OSU. Doesn't mean an auto win but if OSU wins it'll be an upset in my opinion

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen this year Michigan is a much better team than OSU. Doesn't mean an auto win but if OSU wins it'll be an upset in my opinion

Ohio State will have their hands full on 11/24. And if they don't play a near perfect game it could be a long afternoon. This is the first time in many years that meeeechegan's the better team.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They opened this morning as a 3.5 point favorite, which is likely too low. I don't see them leaving Columbus with anything less than a 17 point win.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, scUM fans. this might be your year......

While I don't think you could beat bama, this could be the year to actually pick one up against the buckeyes. they've looked like complete shit for 4 weeks. It wouldn't shock me if the Buckeyes lose 2 out of their last three. have no fucking clue what happened to the team, although Bosa leaving imo, really fucked them all up in their head. completely different team now. They are regressing, and no one seems to be able to step up to give them the spark they need to finish strong. The team is full of talent, but...........

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They opened this morning as a 3.5 point favorite, which is likely too low. I don't see them leaving Columbus with anything less than a 17 point win.
If my Nebraska fan calculations are correct it should be a 41 point UM victory. I'm sorry but that's science en sech.
giphy.gif

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know your history. Going back to Yost and Rockne. At one time ND tried to get into the Big 10 (Western Conference). Michigan, and Yost in particular, used their outsized influence to not only prevent that, but even went so far as to threaten other conference members to blackball ND.

That’s why early in their history ND had to travel to both coasts. It built ND up in the N.Y. media markets and the rivalry with USC on the west coast grew out of that.

In a way, we owe Yost for building our national brand. So it rings particularly hollow when a MI fan tells us to “join a conference”.

I honestly did not know that.

but it's beyond stupid that ND isn't in the B1G......... always respected the program, but the antics of the last 10-15 years has really shut down my giving two shits bout the irish.....

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but it's beyond stupid that ND isn't in the B1G......... always respected the program, but the antics of the last 10-15 years has really shut down my giving two shits bout the irish.....
It’s really only been an issue since the bowl alliance-BCS era when conference affilliations were tied to bowl games

Honestly, their independence gives them less room for error.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yost and Rockne hated each other. Always accused the other of cheating. And not just in football either.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my Nebraska fan calculations are correct it should be a 41 point UM victory. I'm sorry but that's science en sech.
giphy.gif

Transitive properties don’t work in football ... Let’s not worry about another team than the one in front of us.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know what an FN expat is
FN was fannation, the discussion board on the Sports Illustrated web site. Some of came to the hoop from there and are referred to as FN ex-patriots...aka expats.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FN was fannation, the discussion board on the Sports Illustrated web site. Some of came to the hoop from there and are referred to as FN ex-patriots...aka expats.

Nope ... I was on EPSN for a little and invited to the Hoop in2010 ... been loyal ever since.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know your history. Going back to Yost and Rockne. At one time ND tried to get into the Big 10 (Western Conference). Michigan, and Yost in particular, used their outsized influence to not only prevent that, but even went so far as to threaten other conference members to blackball ND.

That’s why early in their history ND had to travel to both coasts. It built ND up in the N.Y. media markets and the rivalry with USC on the west coast grew out of that.

In a way, we owe Yost for building our national brand. So it rings particularly hollow when a MI fan tells us to “join a conference”.
You can't join a conference. You pretty much already belong to the ACC

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

in 1989 ND had a chance to join the B1G but elected not to. That lead to Penn St joining. So cry me a freaking river

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do know that when Yost was here there was no Eastern and Western Conferences.