• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Michigan could stop Alabama-Clemson

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif
Your skeelz are missing on this one

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I don't really give a shit what you use. I was just trying to help you be a better writer. Consider your audience.
You know normally I would encourage others to accept your literary constructive criticism but some of your recent works really bring your credibility into questions. Ahem...

Everything You Wanted to Know About Having Sex with Produce...But Were Afraid to Ask

50 Shades of Rutabagas

and a new low for you

My Sphincter and a Rye

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know your history. Going back to Yost and Rockne. At one time ND tried to get into the Big 10 (Western Conference). Michigan, and Yost in particular, used their outsized influence to not only prevent that, but even went so far as to threaten other conference members to blackball ND.

That’s why early in their history ND had to travel to both coasts. It built ND up in the N.Y. media markets and the rivalry with USC on the west coast grew out of that.

In a way, we owe Yost for building our national brand. So it rings particularly hollow when a MI fan tells us to “join a conference”.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the year that the Coach Dan Brown led Wolverines have a very good chance of beating the OSU Buckeyes. Yet, it won't matter...Alabama could beat a team of players handpicked by God.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know your history. Going back to Yost and Rockne. At one time ND tried to get into the Big 10 (Western Conference). Michigan, and Yost in particular, used their outsized influence to not only prevent that, but even went so far as to threaten other conference members to blackball ND.

That’s why early in their history ND had to travel to both coasts. It built ND up in the N.Y. media markets and the rivalry with USC on the west coast grew out of that.

In a way, we owe Yost for building our national brand. So it rings particularly hollow when a MI fan tells us to “join a conference”.
Michigan has a long history of trying to keep teams out of the Big10

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know man. First of all -- join a conference. Secondly, (I'm saying this hypothetically because I still can't imagine a world in which we actually beat Ohio State in Columbus) if Michigan does win the B10 and ND loses another game, that's not only a loss for ND but Michigan plays another game, which historically helps in these scenarios if we were to win it while ND sat.

What we know about CFB is that it's not always about who you lose to, but when you lost. A 1 TD loss to ND in the first game of the year, when Michigan has shown massive improvements as the season has progressed, simply won't hurt us as much as losing to Syracuse this late in the season would hurt ND; especially with other programs creeping around the playoff picture, like Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma, WVU and OSU.
The fallacy in the "join a conference" is shown last year. Alabama, a loss late in the season, not playing in a conference championship game and one of the wins over Mercer. And, ND game plays five "conference games with the ACC", Stanford, Michigan, USC, Northwestern, that compares to any conference schedule in the country.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan fans are not looking past OSU. Not in the least!

Don't care if OSU looses to MSU. OSU in Columbus is a daunting task.

As for Michigan's resume if and thats a big if it wins out....

The B1G is down this year. OSU beating TCU was the big victory and TCU has shown that wasn't impressive.

I would love another shot at Notre Dame on a neutral field. Since the start of the season I think UofM has surpassed the Irish with Patterson getting used to the offense and the O-Line coming together through reps.

But it would be hard to jump the Irish since they won the head to head.

I do think UofM is the only B1G team that would make the playoffs. Even a 1 loss OSU probably can't jump enough team ahead of them.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love another shot at Notre Dame on a neutral field. Since the start of the season I think UofM has surpassed the Irish with Patterson getting used to the offense and the O-Line coming together through reps.

Keep in mind, we beat you with our backup QB.